SCL-EZE
SCL-GRU
SCL-JFK
SCL-IPC
SCL-LIM
SCL-MIA
*SCL-AKL-SYD
*SCL-MAD-FRA

*LAN currently deploys the 787-9 on these routes on a random basis. The SCL-AKL-SYD route will permanently switch over to the 787-9 effective 21SEP15 on a daily basis. Scheduled 787-9 service on the daily SCL-MAD-FRA service has been shelved for now. Instead LAN will increase flights to MAD with the 787-8 flying SCL-MAD-FRA daily and effective 08SEP15 SCL-MAD 3x weekly (LA708/LA709), thus offering 10 weekly 787-8 flights between SCL and MAD.
Old Aug 26, 2015, 7:52 pm

Programs: AA, UA, SQ, VA, QF, AF, BA
Thanks for posting the link. We will be on this aircraft next year and it doesn't seem possible to choose seats. I tried online and also called LAN. Online I just get the spinning circle. The CSR said to call back next year - obviously trying to get rid of me.

We have seats booked for the connecting flight to GYE so no reason we shouldn't be able to book SYD-SCL.

I really wish QF flew on the day we need to travel so we didn't have to go through all this!
Old Aug 27, 2015, 12:13 am

Programs: LAN COMODORO
Originally Posted by Tiki
Thanks for posting the link. We will be on this aircraft next year and it doesn't seem possible to choose seats. I tried online and also called LAN. Online I just get the spinning circle. The CSR said to call back next year - obviously trying to get rid of me.

We have seats booked for the connecting flight to GYE so no reason we shouldn't be able to book SYD-SCL.

I really wish QF flew on the day we need to travel so we didn't have to go through all this!
Did you buyed the tickets from Lan website? If you did what fare group did you choose?

Well the fact is Lan only allow to pre choose your seat if you are paying a Base Plus or Up, fare. If you got them from a site like Kayak or another airline please check the letter of your Fare because is most likely that you got a Base fare.... there is a post about the letters for each category, i dont have the link sorry.

If you did get a Base Plus or Up fare you should be allowed to choose seating, i dont know when is you fly, but i have choose seats up to 3 or 4 month in advance.

If you are on a base fare you may choose seat 48 hours before the fly.
Old Sep 1, 2015, 7:12 pm
Original Poster

Programs: LATAM PASS Black Signature, AA EXP 3MM, BA Blue
Thanks for posting the link. We will be on this aircraft next year and it doesn't seem possible to choose seats. I tried online and also called LAN. Online I just get the spinning circle. The CSR said to call back next year - obviously trying to get rid of me. We have seats booked for the connecting flight to GYE so no reason we shouldn't be able to book SYD-SCL.
Perhaps it is due to the fact that some inventory has not been released on at least one of the segments on the SCL-AKL-SYD route...

QF will add an additional frequency during the upcoming high season similar to last year so your wish may come true. LAN will also offer additional frequencies to SYD via AKL during the high season. Interesting to note that LAN plans on operating SCL-SYD non-stop with the 787-9 on certain days by the second half of 2016 as its receives ETOPS 330 certification for the route later next year. AKL will continue to have non-stop flights from SCL continuing onwards to SYD, and/or BNE and MEL.
Old Sep 1, 2015, 9:06 pm

Programs: LATAMPass Gold, AA Gold, DL Silver Medallion
I don't have access to CAPA but I've been lurking in their website since quite a while ago. A couple of days ago they posted a note (for members only) that says that LAN will deploy the 87 on their LIM-JFK route starting Feb 2016. I think this has not been reported yet.

http://centreforaviation.com/profile...al-airport-lim
Old Sep 2, 2015, 9:31 am

Very interesting seat map. I'm booked on the 787-9 for November JFK-SCL in J. Thought config would be similar to the previous Dreamliner but with no door in the middle of business class it changes.

And space+? Hope this is available for OW Emerald! Interesting move here... TAM used to do this (sell prefered seats, even if no extra space) and it was difficult to obtain those as Emerald.
Old Sep 2, 2015, 10:08 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by dbasulto
And space+? Hope this is available for OW Emerald! Interesting move here... TAM used to do this (sell prefered seats, even if no extra space) and it was difficult to obtain those as Emerald.
Yes the "Espacio+" seats are complimentary for Oneworld Emerald passengers. LAN usually blocks off the first two rows especially for Oneworld Emerald passengers! I recently flew in "Espacio+" on the 787-9 and the extra room really makes a difference!
Old Sep 2, 2015, 10:30 am

Programs: LATAM Black
Estimados,

I have a couple of SCL-MAD return economy flights with LAN coming up on the 787-8. I will try to upgrade to Business using coupons but have pre-booked row 12 in economy hoping these are extra legroom. Can anyone confirm they are please.

Also, I continue to Bordeaux on a domestic flight, if I hand carry duty free wine on the international flight will I risk losing it via domestic security?

Thanks in advance.
Old Sep 2, 2015, 11:44 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MfromL
I don't have access to CAPA but I've been lurking in their website since quite a while ago. A couple of days ago they posted a note (for members only) that says that LAN will deploy the 87 on their LIM-JFK route starting Feb 2016. I think this has not been reported yet.
By the end of October LAN Airlines will once again operate the SCL-LIM-JFK route (LA530/LA531) on a daily basis with the 767 and 787. LAN Perú will continue to offer two weekly flights on the LIM-JFK route with the 767.
Originally Posted by SandpinChile
Estimados,

I have a couple of SCL-MAD return economy flights with LAN coming up on the 787-8. I will try to upgrade to Business using coupons but have pre-booked row 12 in economy hoping these are extra legroom. Can anyone confirm they are please.
Yes, row 12 on the 787-8 has extra legroom. I'm not sure which flights your booked on but I was just looking at the current schedule and it appears that LAN will deploy the 787-9 on the SCL-MAD-FRA route (LA704/LA705) on certain days starting next week. The three new weekly flights on the SCL-MAD route will operate with the 787-8 (LA708/LA709).
Old Sep 19, 2015, 1:26 pm

Programs: BA Gold, QF LTG, TK Elite, IHG Amb & HH Diamond
I just booked a seat from MXP to GRU in Feb 2016 and the seatmap says 787-9 aircraft! But I guess that could change? Does LATAM switch aircraft as often as CX pls?
Old Sep 19, 2015, 5:16 pm

LAN B-787-9 Seat Map!

MXP starts to operate with the 787-9 next year, with LAN aircraft and Chilean crew. The flight now goes SCL-GRU-MXP.
Old Sep 23, 2015, 3:02 am

Has anyone successfully selected seats on this plane on the SYD-SCL route? I booked it as an AA award and there is a connecting flight to GYE. I easily selected the seats on the SCL-GYE segment ages ago but for the SYD-SCL I just get the spinning circle of death.
Old Sep 25, 2015, 4:55 pm
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
Has anyone successfully selected seats on this plane on the SYD-SCL route? I booked it as an AA award and there is a connecting flight to GYE. I easily selected the seats on the SCL-GYE segment ages ago but for the SYD-SCL I just get the spinning circle of death.
I have successfully booked seats AKL-SCL but only on the QF321 code-share (seats via the QF web site). Only half the cabin is available for the QF code (generally the seats at the back of Biz).

Regarding the spinning circle of death, I have a few upcoming domestic flights in Argentina on LAN. I have only been able to select seats on the more expensive flexible fares and not on the cheapest fares (which only show availability on the spinning circle of death).
Old Nov 2, 2015, 1:12 am

It finally let me past the "spinning circle of death" and showed me a seating chart which corresponds to the 787-8. I was hoping for those 2 seats at the rear without a middle seat but they are already taken.

I don't know if they have switched back to the 787-8 on this route or they stuffed up and put the wrong chart in the seat selection tool. I thought it was supposed to be a 787-9.
Old Nov 2, 2015, 4:07 am

Programs: Double OWE (AA EXP, QF Plat), FI Gold
It finally let me past the "spinning circle of death" and showed me a seating chart which corresponds to the 787-8. I was hoping for those 2 seats at the rear without a middle seat but they are already taken.
I think those are usually blocked as crew rest - at least, I've only ever seen crew sitting in them on my JFK flights.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.