Community
Wiki Posts
Search

multi-segment award?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 7, 2012, 5:22 pm
Original Poster

multi-segment award?

Hi all, i read somewhere that LANPASS awards doesnt have to be used on a roundtrip award, dont remember where. Instead, I can use it for two one way awards, for example, LHR-AMS, and then later on AMS-FRA. Is this true? Thanks
Old Dec 7, 2012, 10:45 pm

Programs: LANPASS Comodoro (Emerald), others
Hi babypuet! Technically:

9.11 Air ticket Awards shall be issued in the form of return tickets. No awards are redeemable for one way tickets. Members shall not be allowed to board the return leg of the flight if he/she has not flown on the outbound leg of the flight. If the Member uses the Award only on the outbound leg, he/she will not be refunded the balance of kilometers or the money paid for the unused return leg.

11.2 The Awards allow one (1) Stopover (voluntary stop of the passenger on one of the Stops included in the outbound section or return of the trip) or one (1) OpenJaw (destination city other than the origin of the return flight,) on both domestic and international routes. Some oneworld Airlines or Associated Airlines do not allow Stopovers and OpenJaw flights. For more information, visit the oneworld Airlines and Associated Airlines section on www.lan.com/lanpass.

Not so technically, some trickery may be possible, but remember:

9.16 LANPASS reserves the right to withhold Awards in the event of any irregularity in their application or use. Any violation of these terms and conditions may result in refusal to issue a LANPASS Award and/or the termination of the Member's participation in the LANPASS Program, immediately voiding all the kilometers in the account.
Old Dec 8, 2012, 6:02 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by bingocallerb22
Hi babypuet! Technically:

9.11 Air ticket Awards shall be issued in the form of return tickets. No awards are redeemable for one way tickets. Members shall not be allowed to board the return leg of the flight if he/she has not flown on the outbound leg of the flight. If the Member uses the Award only on the outbound leg, he/she will not be refunded the balance of kilometers or the money paid for the unused return leg.

11.2 The Awards allow one (1) Stopover (voluntary stop of the passenger on one of the Stops included in the outbound section or return of the trip) or one (1) OpenJaw (destination city other than the origin of the return flight,) on both domestic and international routes. Some oneworld Airlines or Associated Airlines do not allow Stopovers and OpenJaw flights. For more information, visit the oneworld Airlines and Associated Airlines section on www.lan.com/lanpass.

Not so technically, some trickery may be possible, but remember:

9.16 LANPASS reserves the right to withhold Awards in the event of any irregularity in their application or use. Any violation of these terms and conditions may result in refusal to issue a LANPASS Award and/or the termination of the Member's participation in the LANPASS Program, immediately voiding all the kilometers in the account.
would you mind explaining the stopover? I thought that LanPass charges each segment individually? thanks
Old Dec 8, 2012, 6:53 am

Programs: LANPASS Comodoro (Emerald), others
Hi. The above is quoted for LanPass award flights on Lan. You have to call to arrange tix for stopovers, mutilcity, etc. For Lan, a stopover is when you get off the plane and stay a while before continuing.

As it says, award flights on associated airlines, using PanPass kms, some calculated by segment, is another kettle of fish and something others know more than I... Andrea?
Old Dec 8, 2012, 9:33 am
Ambassador, LATAM

Programs: LATAM, Lifemiles
I've never been sure how stopovers would work with award tickets.
I'd imagine that a LHR-AMS / AMS-FRA would be like open-jaw? In any case, anything that isn't round trip needs to be redeemed by phone...
Old Dec 9, 2012, 3:32 am
Original Poster

thanks for all the replies, so it is possible to redeem LHR-AMS (stop), then AMS-FRA?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.