Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > LATAM | LATAM Pass
Reload this Page >

Help me with seats here [787, 763]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 21, 2012, 7:02 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Former AA PLT/GLD, A3 *G, Priority Pass

Hi, i recently purchased an itinerary with LAN and have unassigned seats in all of my flights.

Is there any way i can select the seats of my preference online? Do i have to call LAN? I'm OW Ruby and would like to select the best Y seats for the 787 and 763.

What's your pick on these?

763: 20A,20L or 12A,12L ?

Dreamliner:

Is it worth and better experience to seat the most forward or pick that emergency exit row which seems at the end of the plane.

20A,20L or 6A,6L?

Thanks!
Old Oct 22, 2012, 12:18 am

Programs: *G (TK elite+), OW sapphire (QR), ST elite plus (AF). LA black
advance seat reservation depends on the fare you purchased. the cheapest fares don't let you preselect seats on LAN flights.

the best seats (front rows) are reserved for full fare passengers only and exit rows can only be occupied by checking in personally at the airport. you can't select exit row seats by checking in online.

anyway, if your fare allows advance seat reservation, then you could do it via this page: http://www.lan.com/cgi-bin/reserva_a...va_asiento.cgi
Old Oct 22, 2012, 8:01 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by f0zzyNUE
advance seat reservation depends on the fare you purchased. the cheapest fares don't let you preselect seats on LAN flights.

the best seats (front rows) are reserved for full fare passengers only and exit rows can only be occupied by checking in personally at the airport. you can't select exit row seats by checking in online.

anyway, if your fare allows advance seat reservation, then you could do it via this page: http://www.lan.com/cgi-bin/reserva_a...va_asiento.cgi
Are those seatguru maps reliable for the 787 and 763? LAN maps are completely another breed. Also the seat locator doesn't work for me. I am able to see my itinerary and select non preferential seats, but when hitting submit it loads continuously and does not make my choice.

I booked in the SP family. N bucket fare for inbound and X fare for outbound.
Please flyertalkers help me get good seats for my 787 flight!
Old Oct 22, 2012, 9:53 am
Original Poster

I just finished speaking with LAN Peru. Seats can't be assigned unless 48 hours before departure. They have the same maps for the 787 as seatguru but not the 763.

LAN insists e-exit rows are located on 24-25. Seat Guru throws 19-20. Where are located the emergency exits on a 767-300? It serves CCS-LIM-CCS route.

I would expect as a OW stat, be able at least to choose any seats for my flights. I have purchased a few unassigned tickets and always have luck to get my desired seats months in advance on other airlines ex- Avianca. Coming from AA i am used to their straightforward customer service and online seating chart.

Come on!, at least choose the 787 seats. First time flying on LAN-
If not i would have to personally go to LAN's office in Caracas and spend half-day on a mundane seat assignment

It's 2012 ...
Old Oct 22, 2012, 10:50 am

Programs: amex platinum, american advantage, united, ANA, JAP. SPG, marriott
Even in business class they are not allowing me to choose a seat. They keep claiming their system is down but it works for some flights and not for others. Either a system is down or it's not. And how long, in today's world should it take to fix that? It has been several weeks.
Old Oct 22, 2012, 9:09 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond & 2 Million Miler, Marriott Platinum
I am having the same issue for a LAN flight this Sunday from SCL to EZE. They keep saying the systems are down and that I need to wait to check in at 48 hours pre-flight. I have had this story for 4 days already. Disappointing that you cant book a biz-class seat ahead.
Old Oct 22, 2012, 11:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by wripro
Even in business class they are not allowing me to choose a seat. They keep claiming their system is down but it works for some flights and not for others. Either a system is down or it's not. And how long, in today's world should it take to fix that? It has been several weeks.
The issue seems to revolve around whether a specific aircraft has been designated for your flight.
Old Oct 23, 2012, 11:33 am

Then why don't they just say so instead of lying about the system being down?
Old Oct 23, 2012, 3:26 pm

Programs: LANPASS Comodoro (Emerald), others
Yes, me too, I have heard that “new system” excuse a few too many times in the last few days, even when the issue had nothing to do with it. Not good.

To the OP, SP fares do not allow seat selection. You can sit in the Caracas office for a week and nothing will change that. Nor does OW status mean anything, fare rules rule. It is clearly stated on the flight selection options page, the theory being you can choose a cheaper fare with fewer benefits at a lesser price or more options for a higher price – a pretty common business practice...

But quite right, the spinning wheel is a frustration. You got it because your fare was not qualified for seat slection, but rather than tell you that, they just spin the wheel. BTW, the old trick was to hit the refresh button to get results. Now doing so will bring up a totally random international flight, que chevre!

Eastbay seems to be right again, when the fare class is approrpriate I only see this problem now when there seems to be some uncertainty about the metal.

You also stumbled on the seat map and seat guru problem... Plashba has been after them to get fixed for quite a while now.

To OP you seem a sophisticated traveller who knows to check in right at 48 hours... then there will be many seats from which to choose. To get exit row or bulkhead, these open up to me at T-48 hours as Top Tier on Lan, but I do know if your OW status kicks in then or not.

On the bright side... dream dreamliner.
Old Oct 24, 2012, 11:15 am

Dreamliner dreaming is my only consolation in this fiasco since I'm flying from LAX to EZE via Lima. I was able to get seats on the LIM/EZE leg but not the LAX/LIM leg. Not sure what other metal they could substitute for the 767. A340?
Old Oct 24, 2012, 9:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Dreamliner dreaming is my only consolation in this fiasco since I'm flying from LAX to EZE via Lima. I was able to get seats on the LIM/EZE leg but not the LAX/LIM leg. Not sure what other metal they could substitute for the 767. A340?
When are you flying? You could end up on a 787 on the LAX/LIM segment. I think the 340 isn't going to be seeing LAX anymore.
Old Oct 24, 2012, 10:57 pm

Programs: LATAM PASS Black Signature, AA EXP 3MM, BA Blue
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
When are you flying? You could end up on a 787 on the LAX/LIM segment. I think the 340 isn't going to be seeing LAX anymore.
LAN will deploy the A343s on the SCL-LIM-LAX route daily starting on April 1st. By that time, the 787s will be deployed on routes to Europe. On a side note, LAN will deploy the 787s on the SCL-LIM route starting on November 1st.
Old Oct 25, 2012, 6:00 am

I'm telling you guys, SCL-LIM-LAX on the 787 will start January 1st 2013. Technically, the first departure from Lima will be January 2nd at 1:35am.

Old Oct 25, 2012, 11:03 am

I'm flying November 28th.

So if it's not a 787 and it's not an A340 what other metal could they use besides a 767?
Old Oct 25, 2012, 11:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I'm flying November 28th.

So if it's not a 787 and it's not an A340 what other metal could they use besides a 767?
It will be a 767, with an unlikely change of aircraft type, especially if you are on 2605 (LP). However, the seat map is unavailable, likely because they haven't assigned the specific aircraft for the flight, which could have a J18 or a J30 cabin. LA601 has an available seat map.

Note that I am having Firefox issues seeing the seatmaps (where available) but no issues with Chrome.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.