Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > LATAM | LATAM Pass
Reload this Page >

Which is better on LAN: J on the 763 or A340?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Which is better on LAN: J on the 763 or A340?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 13, 2009, 2:00 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold, Hyatt Globalist
LAN 767 Business Class

I am flying JFK - LIM and SCL - JFK in December. have all the 767s been refitted with the new seats? i thought i read somewhere that there was still 1 with the old seats.

also, on seatguru, the 767 is showing 5 rows of business class. when selecting my seats on Lan.com, there are 5 rows for the left side and middle, but only 4 rows for the right side. hope this doesnt mean that it has the old seats.

thanks
Old Aug 13, 2009, 2:33 pm

Programs: LAN Commodore
The last seat on the right in business has a kind of curtain system where they put a staff person in a "privacy" arrangement. When I flew a couple of weeks ago, the guy was fairly fat and certainly didnīt look like a pilot, but I might be wrong.

All the planes now have the new seats as far as I know. The last hold out had a row of "first class" seats in front of the business class, but the new business seats although not as plush are practically lie flat. In the older plane, they also gave you a portable dvd player as in-flight entertainment.

Last edited by david_33; Aug 14, 2009 at 4:49 pm
Old Aug 14, 2009, 2:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by david_33
All the planes nos have the new seats as far as I know. The last hold out had a row of "first class" seats in front of the business class, but the new business seats although not as plush are practically lie flat. In the older plane, they also gave you a portable dvd player as in-flight entertainment.
Actually, the very last holdout, even after they published the conversion was complete, was an old 2 cabin, with no first row of F. I know, I got stuck on it.
Old Aug 16, 2009, 2:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
Actually, the very last holdout, even after they published the conversion was complete, was an old 2 cabin, with no first row of F. I know, I got stuck on it.
Is the holdout gone now?
Old Aug 16, 2009, 8:15 am

Programs: LAN, AA, SPG
I've been told that the entire conversion 763s and 340s is complete. I have not seen an old config in a LONG time. Its one of the best seats flying especially the 340, and definitely the best in all the Americas (both north and south)!
Old Aug 16, 2009, 10:21 am

Programs: UA 1K, LATAM Comodoro, SPG PLT, WOH Globalist, *G, OW Emerald
Originally Posted by phlashba
I've been told that the entire conversion 763s and 340s is complete. I have not seen an old config in a LONG time. Its one of the best seats flying especially the 340, and definitely the best in all the Americas (both north and south)!
Seat & blankets are very good, wines very good, food quality very variable, in-flight service not good, Comodoro recognition non-existent, GA not good.

I also heard all planes are reconfigured.
Old Aug 31, 2009, 9:40 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold, BA Silver, AA Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Can anyone confirm that the LAN Ecuador and LAN Argentina 763s have also been upgraded?

I'm specifically asking about the planes that fly
JFK - GYE (XL, daily)
PUJ - EZE (4M, once a week)

Thanks!
Old Aug 31, 2009, 10:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UALCO Holdings General Member
Originally Posted by jbalmuth
Can anyone confirm that the LAN Ecuador and LAN Argentina 763s have also been upgraded?

JFK - GYE (XL, daily)

Thanks!
I only know that the MIA-EZE (4M) route has the Premium Business Seats, Im not sure if those are the same aircraft that fly EZE-PUJ.
I have no experience with LAN Ecuador.
Old Aug 31, 2009, 1:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by rolov
I only know that the MIA-EZE (4M) route has the Premium Business Seats, Im not sure if those are the same aircraft that fly EZE-PUJ.
I have no experience with LAN Ecuador.
All the fleet is done. 4M cannot share aircraft, but the other LAN carriers do.
Old Aug 31, 2009, 2:50 pm

Originally Posted by jbalmuth

JFK - GYE (XL, daily)

Thanks!
Lan Ecuador had been upgraded a long time ago, since last year !
Old Sep 1, 2009, 6:43 pm

Programs: AA LT PLT, DL PLT, HH DIA, IHG PLT, Hertz PLT, Bonvoy GLD, Avis Pres Club
Sorry for the newb question, but I'm an AA guy, so I don't know anything about LAN.

There are 2 nonstop flights LAX-LIM. One says it's LAN and the other says it's LAN Peru. To add to the confusion, one is an A340 and the other is a 767.

Is it a safe bet than any/all of the flights LAX-LIM are converted to new premium class?
Old Sep 1, 2009, 6:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by trojanman
Sorry for the newb question, but I'm an AA guy, so I don't know anything about LAN.

There are 2 nonstop flights LAX-LIM. One says it's LAN and the other says it's LAN Peru. To add to the confusion, one is an A340 and the other is a 767.

Is it a safe bet than any/all of the flights LAX-LIM are converted to new premium class?
Yes, and the 340 is going to be a better cabin (I haven't yet been on a reconfig. 340). 6 across where Y has 8. The 767s are 6 across where Y has 7.

The 340s are always subject to change to a 767. The LP flight will never be on a 340.

In my limited experience with LP crews, I like the LA crews better.
Old Sep 9, 2009, 1:46 pm

Programs: BA Blue, VS Silver
The last seat on the right in business has a kind of curtain system where they put a staff person in a "privacy" arrangement. When I flew a couple of weeks ago, the guy was fairly fat and certainly didnīt look like a pilot, but I might be wrong.
Flex LIM to MAD yesterday evening in J (surprise upgrade), very nice, personally better than BA.

with regards to the above quote, the last seat is indeed the flight crew rest area.

cabin crew rest at the back in a curtined off area in Y.
Old Sep 9, 2009, 3:26 pm

Programs: LAN Commodore
I prefer the LP crews (Lima based). IMHO younger, prettier and more energetic.
Old Sep 9, 2009, 3:39 pm

Programs: BA Blue, VS Silver
I prefer the LP crews (Lima based). IMHO younger, prettier and more energetic.
+1 ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.