FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Las Vegas (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/las-vegas-463/)
-   -   Consolidated "Wynn" thread (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/las-vegas/283996-consolidated-wynn-thread.html)

indufan Jun 25, 2005 5:11 pm

Pay attention to Wynn rates, Executive Suite available for one extra dollar

I am staying at the Wynn for one night in early August. The "Resort Room" was $299 and the "Executive Suite" was $300. This was at wynnlasvegas.com

mauld Jun 27, 2005 6:40 am

Wow! Free stay!! All I'm looking for is a discounted one. I just booked 3 nights at $650 each for their parlor suite for an early Sept weekend. Anyone know of any sites that discount these rates? I tried all the usual suspects and no luck. The only break I received was paying the 650 for all three nights, as opposed to an even higher rate for my Fri & Sat.

krug Jun 27, 2005 7:05 am

Amex Upgrade Offer at Wynn

Wynn Las Vegas

Wynn Las Vegas Grand Opening and Las Vegas 100th Anniversary Special

In celebration of the Grand Opening of Wynn Las Vegas and the 100th Anniversary of Las Vegas, we invite you to stay at Steve Wynn's new luxury resort, his dream of a lifetime, with exclusive introductory pricing. As an American Express® Cardmember your exclusive offer includes:
• Exclusive Introductory Pricing from $179 to $339
• Invited guest check-in
• Complimentary Upgrade on Arrival (based on availability)

Offer Valid 27 May 2005 - 6 September 2005

http://www.americanexpressofferzone....gid=0&ctlgid=0

coplatua1k Jun 27, 2005 9:34 am

Thanks I was about to post asking for any Wynn Promotions....Can't wait to stay there!

IK in Seattle Jun 27, 2005 9:48 am

Originally Posted by apudme

• Exclusive Introductory Pricing from $179 to $339
• Invited guest check-in
• Complimentary Upgrade on Arrival (based on availability)

Looking at the site they actually show rooms as low as $169.

The Invited Guest Check-in. Does anyone know if these means you can use the Suite Tower entance and 'VIP' check-in if you have a Resort Room booked?

IK in Seattle Jun 27, 2005 9:51 am

Originally Posted by mauld
All I'm looking for is a discounted one. I just booked 3 nights at $650 each for their parlor suite for an early Sept weekend. Anyone know of any sites that discount these rates? I tried all the usual suspects and no luck. The only break I received was paying the 650 for all three nights, as opposed to an even higher rate for my Fri & Sat.

Did you see this AmEx Promo.? It goes through Sept 6th. My guess is that better September deals will be showing up later.

bigguyinpasadena Jun 27, 2005 10:23 am

Originally Posted by mauld
Wow! Free stay!! All I'm looking for is a discounted one. I just booked 3 nights at $650 each for their parlor suite for an early Sept weekend. Anyone know of any sites that discount these rates? I tried all the usual suspects and no luck. The only break I received was paying the 650 for all three nights, as opposed to an even higher rate for my Fri & Sat.

Are You a player?If so do not forget to get a players card(or ask to be rated)and check in with marketing/host before checking out.
Also Sept. can be a REALLY busy time in Las Vegas-so a suite on the weekends in the "hot new"luxury property for $650 a night is not bad.
See if the amex upgrade works for you.
I will be at the Green Vally Ranch for 3 nights on Laborday weekend-fri.and sunday comp'ed $79 for Sat-that is a great deal for that property so I am excited about that.

LHR Tim Jun 27, 2005 2:09 pm

apudme,

I could kiss you! Just about to book a stay in Vega$!!

Not too bad, but not quite as good as the Amex Plat rates at Bellagio. Also, no brekkie credit like in Fine Hotels. I suppose this is setting things up for Wynn joining Fine Hotels?

For the period I'm looking at, it looks to be $40/$50 off the rates (amex rate/rack rate):

Resort 226/266
Panoramic 269/316
Tower Suite 303/356
Exec 255/300
Tower Parlour 383/450

Got to ask, we're sort of loyal Bellagio goers (especially given the Amex rate). Any views as to whether we'll like it or not?

Also, what to go for? I'm guessing the Tower Suite or Parlour? Any views as to what's best?

travelnutz Jun 27, 2005 2:37 pm

Originally Posted by LHR Tim
Not too bad, but not quite as good as the Amex Plat rates at Bellagio.

What Amex Plat rates are you talking about? Is this a general offer for all Amex Plats?

LHR Tim Jun 27, 2005 3:28 pm

It's about $149 (IIRC) available pretty much all the time (execpt when Bellagio starts to fill up - i.e. for a convention). It's available to all Amex Plats. Must book via Amex Platinum Travel. Rate includes: Upgrade, welcome gift (usually fruit basket, wine, Boccelli CD), Continental Breakfast (or about $20 pp credit).

This is my dilema: Try something new or go with the tried and tested (and much cheaper option). That's why I'd be interesting to know if Wynn blows the socks off of Bellagio I've got a concern with Bellagio in that the new tower has opened and thus the staff/guest ratio will go way down.

IK in Seattle Jun 27, 2005 4:27 pm

This is my dilema: Try something new or go with the tried and tested (and much cheaper option). That's why I'd be interesting to know if Wynn blows the socks off of Bellagio I've got a concern with Bellagio in that the new tower has opened and thus the staff/guest ratio will go way down.

You should have a look at tripadvisor.com there are plenty of reviews and most had comparisons to Bellagio.

The Wynn is nice but I don't think it blows the socks off Bellagio, and the AmEx Plat offer sounds almost to good to pass up.

DenverBrian Jun 27, 2005 8:14 pm

Originally Posted by IK in Seattle
Looking at the site they actually show rooms as low as $169.

As low as $152 the week of July 18-22.

LHR Tim Jun 29, 2005 7:50 am

Just got a quote for first week of August (mid week):

BELLAGIO USD139 PER NIGHT DELUXE ROOM
RATE INCLUDES CONTINENTAL BREAKFAST
LATE 4PM CHECKOUT ROOM UPGRADE
SUBJECT TO AVAILABILITY 1200 NOON
CHECK IN AND GIFT

Wynn is 199 and then 299 (I presume for a resort room).

BTW, what are the best rooms to go for at Wynn? The tower or executivve suites?/

IK in Seattle Jun 29, 2005 9:21 am

Just got a quote for first week of August (mid week):

BELLAGIO USD139 PER NIGHT DELUXE ROOM
RATE INCLUDES CONTINENTAL BREAKFAST
LATE 4PM CHECKOUT ROOM UPGRADE
SUBJECT TO AVAILABILITY 1200 NOON
CHECK IN AND GIFT

Wynn is 199 and then 299 (I presume for a resort room).

BTW, what are the best rooms to go for at Wynn? The tower or executivve suites?/

The Tower Suites Room is the same as a Resort Room I believe, but in the 'VIP' Suite Wing. The descriptions and size and picture are the same. I had a Resort Room last month, and I probably would not pay the extra to get the same room, except for the VIP check-in. So the Executive Suites room should be better. It is about 300 sq ft larger. When I looked at the first week of Aug the Executive was less the the Tower Suites room, which is strange.

The $139 at the Bellagio, is that the Plat AmEx rate, and do you have the regular rates for those same days? I'm trying to figure out if the AmEx is worth $400 to get those types of rates.

travelnutz Jun 29, 2005 10:52 am

Originally Posted by IK in Seattle
I'm trying to figure out if the AmEx is worth $400 to get those types of rates.

The Amex Platinum for Starwood is free the first year and only $30 for each subsequent year.