Community
Wiki Posts
Search

All current LAN fare promotions

Search this Thread

Old Aug 17, 2015, 5:09 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA
Just corrected a bug whereby under some circumstances a $1000 flight would be regarded as cheaper than a $500 flight
Old Aug 29, 2015, 2:28 pm
Original Poster

Since I've been running this, LAN has added promotions for a number a cities not in my original city tables, which meant some links for those routes wouldn't work properly.

That's now fixed for now but naturally will require regular updating as and when.
Old Oct 25, 2015, 12:35 pm
Original Poster

I've been working on an application to help verify if promotions actually exist in the fare tables, and if so where they are. It can also be used to find the dates for the cheapest fares. I have no intention though of hitting Lan's servers hard enough to check /all/ promotions and piss them off.

It's currently in development but wouldn't take much work to make it available to a small number of people to test it and give me feedback. If you're interested let me know. BUT I'm only looking for computer literate testers at this time, meaning the following should all make sense to you:

o You agree to give me detailed feedback on problems so I can reproduce them. This may involve turning on debug and capturing output to send me.
o The application is written in Java, and developed under Windows. It should work on Mac or *ix but you'll have to figure out how to install it yourself.
o You'll need to install a specific version of the Java JRE, and a specific version of Firefox. Neither should affect normal use of your computer.

If there's enough demand I'll do this.
Old Nov 9, 2015, 12:31 pm

Programs: Latampass Black
Happy to test it for you

Hi Ian,
I'll play Guinea Pig for you!

Let me know what you need.
Old Dec 17, 2015, 11:12 pm
Original Poster

Well, bless me. LAN do like breaking their own site don't they? Working on a workaround now.

PS. Interim results from the promotions verifier:

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.