Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Korean Air | SkyPass
Reload this Page >

No “Prestige” in the BKK “Prestige Lounge” ??

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

No “Prestige” in the BKK “Prestige Lounge” ??

Search this Thread

Old Feb 19, 2019, 5:32 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA, DL, KE
Originally Posted by kijhkijh
To answer OP's original question. Yes. I would be annoyed too. You should definitely try out other airlines as well.
Ha ! Actually, I think I have tried most of the other airlines in Asia.

Just to reiterate one last time, the next morning I had a perfectly pleasant lounge experience in Seoul, so I’m hoping that this was just a one time unfortunate experience.
Old Feb 24, 2019, 8:43 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by sol95
Yeah, I know. But if you follow the order of what's written, the blogger suggests he was knocked back from entry into the lounge despite his attire and expensive brand-name luggage BEFORE presenting his boarding pass. The lounge agent then asks for tickets, and only after that does the blogger seem to suggest that they presented their boarding pass. if that's the actual order, that in itself is a bit weird.

regardless of what order the things happened in, it seems incredulous to me that a lounge agent would refuse entry when a legitimate J boarding pass is produced. there's something odd to the story that the blogger's one-sided account is not fully disclosing.
Some carriers don't give lounge access to customers who have been OPUPed to business class if they otherwise would not be eligible for lounge access based on status, credit card, etc. IIRC AS denies lounge access too for those with FC award tickets and FC upgrades, whether paid with miles etc., while customers with paid FC tickets purchased with money go get access to AS lounges.
Old Feb 24, 2019, 6:30 pm

Programs: OZ Platinum LifeTime; DL PM; QF Gold; VA Gold; HH Diamond; IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Some carriers don't give lounge access to customers who have been OPUPed to business class if they otherwise would not be eligible for lounge access based on status, credit card, etc. IIRC AS denies lounge access too for those with FC award tickets and FC upgrades, whether paid with miles etc., while customers with paid FC tickets purchased with money go get access to AS lounges.
And that is relevant how? What some airlines do, and what AS does has no relevance to the discussion since this is specifically about KE and their policy re lounge access is clear.
Old Feb 26, 2019, 9:18 pm

+ Korean Air passengers are invited to the AF/KLM lounge at Suvarnabhumi Airport. When this is not an option, a Prestige Class/First Class boarding card is welcomed at the China Airlines Dynasty Lounge. Note: the Dynasty Lounge is small and pathetic, so you can go to the F Pier to visit the CP Louis Tavern lounge which is also accepted by the lounge staff.
+ The AF/KLM lounge staff are Thai; not Korean. I know this for fact. Occasionally, the AF/KLM lounge staff will limit passenger access due to cleaning/maintenance. This is the largest SkyTeam lounge at Suvarnabhumi Airport which happens to be a 24-hour operation. When DELTA operated the 5:30/6am departure to Tokyo, the check-in desks at Suvarnabhumi Airport opened at 1:30am... I would arrive at the AF/KLM lounge to see a sign saying to proceed to the China Airlines Dynasty Lounge ~ due to maintenance. Being Korean-American flying on a $10,000 paid round trip Businesselite from Los Angeles to Bangkok via Tokyo as a DL Platinum, I can assure you it’s not personal. Do me a favor and visit that ...... China Airlines Dynasty Lounge in Bangkok and I will guarantee your view of this mishap will change.

Happy Flying!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.