Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Korean Air | SkyPass
Reload this Page >

Still no info on a new KE lounge at the new ICN Terminal 2?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Still no info on a new KE lounge at the new ICN Terminal 2?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 13, 2017, 12:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by bobbybrown
West side will have prestige lounge and SkyTeam lounge.

will this really be a Skyteam-branded lounge (like in LHR, HKG, IST, etc) or another lounge « managed by KE » but reserved to some ST partners? Because usually they don’t have ST-branded lounges in ST hubs and rely on local partner lounges
Old Nov 13, 2017, 10:30 am

Originally Posted by Goldorak
[/b]
will this really be a Skyteam-branded lounge (like in LHR, HKG, IST, etc) or another lounge « managed by KE » but reserved to some ST partners? Because usually they don’t have ST-branded lounges in ST hubs and rely on local partner lounges
I have no idea as of yet.

Why would KE need a separate lounge for status but not F/C class? I think it could become a PP lounge that is very popular in Korea and still offer privilege (less crowd, better lounge product) to premium class passengers. I'm afraid the SkyTeam lounge could become a PP lounge, too. But then SkyTeam F/C passengers will be able to access KE Business lounge anyway.

Concierge lounge at the check-in area could be a differentiated product here, while the airport won't offer express passport control for F/C.
Old Nov 13, 2017, 6:24 pm

Programs: ALL Gold, MPC Silver
I have no idea as of yet.

Why would KE need a separate lounge for status but not F/C class? I think it could become a PP lounge that is very popular in Korea and still offer privilege (less crowd, better lounge product) to premium class passengers. I'm afraid the SkyTeam lounge could become a PP lounge, too. But then SkyTeam F/C passengers will be able to access KE Business lounge anyway.

Concierge lounge at the check-in area could be a differentiated product here, while the airport won't offer express passport control for F/C.
There's going to be a Sky Hub Lounge for the PP card holders and there is express passport control for F/C passengers in T2. However it remains to be seen if the howling from the peanut gallery is loud enough or not for the fast track to be removed!
Old Nov 13, 2017, 7:39 pm

I really hope the T2 KE lounges will be significantly better than the current KE lounges.
Old Nov 13, 2017, 8:51 pm

Programs: None anymore
Originally Posted by corbomite
There's going to be a Sky Hub Lounge for the PP card holders and there is express passport control for F/C passengers in T2. However it remains to be seen if the howling from the peanut gallery is loud enough or not for the fast track to be removed!
Does that mean they might put in fast track in T1?
Old Nov 13, 2017, 8:52 pm

I flew BKK-ICN on KE and landed at around 1730 on a weekday. Took 40 min to go thru the lines at passport control :\ There must have been 5-6 other flights that landed at around the same time. I flew biz class but I don't think there's a special lane for biz class people?
Old Nov 13, 2017, 9:56 pm

Originally Posted by warrenw
Does that mean they might put in fast track in T1?
Highly unlikely given how much flak the ICN holding company caught for installing a fast track lane in T2....

Originally Posted by seks
I flew BKK-ICN on KE and landed at around 1730 on a weekday. Took 40 min to go thru the lines at passport control :\ There must have been 5-6 other flights that landed at around the same time. I flew biz class but I don't think there's a special lane for biz class people?
Only at Terminal 2 at ICN which opens early next year.
Old Nov 13, 2017, 11:04 pm

Programs: None anymore
Originally Posted by seks
Yeah, recently it's gotten a lot worse than it used to be. I blame it on the fact that one of the immigration areas is for foreigners, so everyone has to go through the same line now. It used to be that all 4 immigration areas had both korean and foreign lines, but that's no longer the case............
Old Nov 14, 2017, 8:20 am

Originally Posted by corbomite
Didn't know F/C will have a separate line in T2 - there was a debate but I thought the plan was scrapped. Regarding PP, PP is $$ for both KE and OZ with like $20-30 per person, and that's why they let PP in to some of their T1 lounges although SkyHub is in the next door. And it's clever to differentiate its own C passengers from PP if that will be really the case. Well, in two months, we'll get to know more.
Old Nov 15, 2017, 12:03 am

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Bonvoy Platinum, Hyatt Globalist
Looking forward to this new terminal. I was originally going to fly into ICN on KE on the 18th which seems to be the opening day for T2. However, I decided to cancel and rebook on SQ instead. Will still visit T2 in early and mid-Feb. Curious about the lounge situation as well.
Old Nov 15, 2017, 12:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by agjil
I really hope the T2 KE lounges will be significantly better than the current KE lounges.
They'll be newer but still using same catering services and what not.
Old Nov 15, 2017, 6:00 pm

Originally Posted by mikesaidyes
The new terminal opens Jan 18, but no other lounge details or anything given yet.
That's good to know. I'm sitting on a bunch of KE miles that I need to burn before they expire. Think I'll book a first class ticket ex-ICN for early next year to give me a chance to check out the new lounge(s).
Old Nov 15, 2017, 7:11 pm

Little bit more info on the current terminal lounge situation is revealed.

T1: After KE moves out, OZ will return half of current lounge and occupy all of KE lounge, and the returning OZ space will split between four airlines.

Current airline lounges - KE 3559m2, OZ 3374m2
After 2018: OZ 4798m2, CX 700m2, KE 685m2 (for partners), SQ 550m2, Jeju air 530m2 (very rare LCC lounge).

Concourse:
Current airline lounges - KE OZ 1000m2 each, CX MU SQ 500m2 each
After 2018: so far, only two are confirmed, KE 1090m2, MU 573m2

Remember, Skyteam will stay at the concourse unless move to T2. All LCC include Jeju air will stay at the concourse. I don't know why Jeju air lounge is planned at the main terminal.
Old Nov 16, 2017, 12:53 am

Programs: UA Mileage Plus, NWA WorldPerks deserter, Alaska Airlines Something-er-Other...
Talking

Jeju air 530m2 (very rare LCC lounge).
I don't know why Jeju air lounge is planned at the main terminal.
I love my l'il Jeju Air!
They've taken me on so many last-minute weekend getaways to Guam, BKK, Jeju Island, and the like.....
And for a LCC, they're better than most western full-service carriers in Y.
Can't wait to see what the lounge is about!
Old Nov 16, 2017, 9:13 pm

Originally Posted by Paella747
I love my l'il Jeju Air!
They've taken me on so many last-minute weekend getaways to Guam, BKK, Jeju Island, and the like.....
And for a LCC, they're better than most western full-service carriers in Y.
Can't wait to see what the lounge is about!
Their lounge will most likely take PP cards also, and the other LCCs here are crying bloody murder about the fact that Jeju got a lounge spot.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.