Search

6 hour connection in ICN

Search this Thread

Old May 10, 2014, 5:18 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA, KL, DL
6 hour connection in ICN

Hi everyone,

My 16 year old niece is soon flying LHR-ICN-CNX, with a 6 hour connection time in ICN. I've told her that both boarding passes will be issued at LHR, and upon arrival in ICN she needs to follow the signs for transfer/connections. My only worry is what she can do for 6 hours, as she's flying alone and only 16 years old.

Are the transit tours reliable, and recommended? I was also thinking of giving her money to pay for entry to the Hub Lounge. Any other suggestions?

Thanks
Old May 11, 2014, 1:12 am

Programs: KE Skypass Morning Calm Member, OZ Club
The transit tours are set up by the Korea Tourism Organization, so they're legitimate. The only catch would be the times. I imagine she could only do the ones in the mid afternoon, like 3-5, that go to Incheon. That being said, I don't know how exciting it would be to go to Incheon City. Going into Seoul alone is always risky for time (and potential to get lost in, say, the side streets of Hongdae with the people and shopping)...but it is safe.

http://www.airport.kr/iiacms/pageWor...de=C1202020600

Something that's also cultural would be the jjimjilbang (Spa on Air) in the basement. Relax in a Korean sauna. I usually spend two hours at a jjimjilbang. If she has some extra money to spend, she can get a massage. She can also take a nap there if she really wants.

I wouldn't even pay for the lounge access. On the fourth floor of the airport, there's a transit area. She'll be in the Main Terminal. They have free showers, nap chairs etc...so if she really doesn't want to spend any money, she'll still be comfortable.

There are also different cultural activities she can do to bide her time, like dress up in traditional Korean clothes, write her name in Korean on a scroll, that kind of thing.

Since I'm really bored, I checked. Her layover would be from like 2:15 - 7:30. By the time she gets off the plane, clears transit it will be around 3. Then she'll board at 7, so it's only four hours. Not too terribly long.

If she really wants to explore, there's also a movie theater and ice skating rink in the train terminal outside the airport. She can clear immigration without a visa if she's a UK citizen, so getting back in won't be a problem.
Old May 11, 2014, 8:29 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA, KL, DL
Thanks for all the info I'll look into them and make a plan for her.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.