Wiki Posts
Search

Busan Korea

Search this Thread

Old Aug 29, 2008, 7:59 am
Original Poster

Programs: PC Ambassador, UA , HH Gold
Busan Korea

I am planning to Busan and wondering whether it is better to book the Paradise Hotel (w/Balcony) or Westin as they price similar.

Besides, are there many restaurants nearby even though I do not go to downtown Busan?

Thanks for input.
Old Aug 29, 2008, 10:48 pm
Original Poster

Probably it is not a popular destination
Old Aug 30, 2008, 12:10 am

Programs: CX, OZ, MU (+AY, DL), Shangri-La, Hilton
The beaches are where you want to be in Busan if not attending a convention or similar. I would try to get a hotel at one of the main beaches with seaview and balcony if possible.

Restaurants are also plentiful at these locations. I know many Hongkong based travallers like the steamed Korean crabs that are widely available in Busan.
Old Aug 30, 2008, 3:28 am

Programs: UA Silver
Originally Posted by FrankieTse
I am planning to Busan and wondering whether it is better to book the Paradise Hotel (w/Balcony) or Westin as they price similar.

Besides, are there many restaurants nearby even though I do not go to downtown Busan?

Thanks for input.

My dad had a conference at Paradise Hotel about ten years ago, and I remember that he was not impressed with it. I personally had a dinner at Westin about a couple of years ago, and the hotel was decent. If you care for easy access to restaurants, Paradise Hotel would be a better choice since Westin's location is a bit off the beaches.

Last edited by N227UA; Sep 13, 2008 at 12:00 am
Old Aug 30, 2008, 12:29 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the advice.
Old Sep 5, 2008, 2:44 am

Programs: SQ TPP, BA Gold, Hyatt Life Glob, SPG/Marriott Life Plat,
Originally Posted by N227UA
since Westin's location is a bit off the beaches.
Off the beaches ?. The Westin in smack ON Haeundae Beach, which is the main one. Granted it's at the top end, but it's bang on the beach.
Old Sep 5, 2008, 5:50 am
Suspended

Programs: *A
We've enjoyed the Homer's Hotel on Gwangan Beach. View is spectacular and tons of restaurants on the strip there.
Old Sep 12, 2008, 5:05 am

I can recommend the Westin. I was upgraded to an Executive lub room as a gold and the hotel is really nice, with great service as well. Even the bathhouse (Korean style public bath) has beach views.

Haeundai has loads and loads of restaurants. The food in the hotel is good as well but not cheap.
Old Nov 9, 2008, 2:56 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Avis
I was at the Westin this past summer. For beach access go with the Westin, it is on the beach. Most of the restaurants I ate at were close to the Paradise Hotel. Service at the Westin was great.

For restaurants outside of the hotel go with the Paradise Hotel lots of them within a short walk. But to get to the beach you have to cross a busy road (it does have crosswalks and lights).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.