Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Korea
Reload this Page >

Two weeks in So Korea, first week in Seoul, then what/where?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 5, 2020, 3:23 pm
Original Poster

We two will be in Seoul May 6 - May 12 for certain attending a conference. After that we have another week to enjoy. Any suggestions about places to go. We like to hike as well as tour. I know nothing, so whatever you can add will be helpful.
Old Feb 5, 2020, 7:47 pm

Programs: KE Skypass Morning Calm Member, OZ Club
There are mountains EVERYYYYWHERE around Seoul. Soooooo much hiking and you don't have to go far. Just simple Google will tell you about their difficulty, people's experiences etc as to what you wanna do. Take a day trip to an area like Chuncheon or Yangsuri. Easy 1 hr or so train ride. Nice countryside with beautiful bike paths along the rivers and forests etc. Visit Gangneung by the sea (also easy 1.5 hr or so train) - it's not like super sexy beach but good vibe for a two day one night trip - some seafood, local delicacies, cafe culture.

If you wanna venture further - Gyeongju historical capital for 2D1N, Busan city (different vibe, seafood, beaches, natural spots like Taejongdae) for 3D2N.
Old Feb 14, 2020, 11:42 am

Programs: most of them
if you're in Seoul for a conference you will likely be busy with that, right? There's plenty to do in and around Seoul, so I would be inclined to say just stay there for the second week.

But I know people like to be on the move. I enjoyed the several days I spent in Busan. Agree that it has a very different feeling. Lots of mountains around the city. Train is about 3 hours each way from Seoul. So maybe head down there for several days and then back to Seoul if you are arriving and departing from there.
Old Feb 14, 2020, 3:09 pm
Original Poster

My wife will not be in the conference and I'll take some time off also; besides we will spend a few days on either end of the conference. In other places, I'm noticed references to JeJu Island. It looks touristy, but might be OK. Any thoughts?
Old Feb 17, 2020, 8:07 am

Programs: UA, NW
I spent a day in Gyeongju, and if I had realized how spread out the city and its environs are, I would have stayed longer. As it was, I had just enough time to go out to Bulguksa on a very roundabout bus route and back again.
Old Feb 18, 2020, 7:04 pm

Programs: KE Skypass Morning Calm Member, OZ Club
You're a (presumably) white/black/European descent man in Asia. ANYTHING you do will be/look/feel "touristy" because you're just not gonna blend in haha. Just gotta embrace that!

Jeju is fine, honestly, but you need a few days for that. And a rental car. It's not an easy "pop in, pop out" kind of place.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.