Wiki Posts
Search

Crown Access & Gold Elite

Search this Thread

Old Mar 18, 2003, 5:27 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Crown Access & Gold Elite

Does anyone know if i can access the D-Wing Crown lounge when flying KLMUK (now KLM Cityhopper). It just that my dad (PE) last flew AMS-EDI with my brother and sister he asked if they could come in the lounge with him. The women behind the desk said are you PE or GE. He said PE and she said it was fine.

Does this mean the GE can get into this lounge when flying KLM-C? I hope so. I really don't see any added benefits to being a GE over SE (apart from worldwide lounge access next year)...

Cheers
Old Mar 19, 2003, 1:01 am
Moderator, SkyTeam and Germany

Programs: BA, LH, KL, EY, IHG, Marriott, Hyatt, Hilton, Radisson
housekeeping done, your double posts have gone to ft-heaven

Welcome to flyertalk! Have a nice time here and keep posting!

AFAIK PE and GE can enter any crowne lounge, but for GE this is only temporary allowed. It should have nothing to do with the class of travel. PE can enter with one guest as the rule, but if immediate family they should allow you in with 2 guests if the lounge is not already full.

[This message has been edited by ralfkrippner (edited 03-19-2003).]
Old Mar 19, 2003, 9:13 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by csdavidson:
Does anyone know if i can access the D-Wing Crown lounge when flying KLMUK (now KLM Cityhopper). It just that my dad (PE) last flew AMS-EDI with my brother and sister he asked if they could come in the lounge with him. The women behind the desk said are you PE or GE. He said PE and she said it was fine.

Does this mean the GE can get into this lounge when flying KLM-C? I hope so. I really don't see any added benefits to being a GE over SE (apart from worldwide lounge access next year)...

Cheers
</font>

PE's only in Crown lounges but GE's do get access to the business class lounge, not with a guest though I'm afraid .

Nigel

Old Mar 19, 2003, 10:03 am

Programs: EI AerClub Concierge, EK Gold, BA Gold, BD Gold (Retired), HHonors Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by csdavidson:

Cheers
</font>

Why they had to ask if your dad is PE or GE is confusing - presumably he was showing his card+boarding pass as he was entering so it should have been obvious what his status was.

(Unless they were asking about the status of your brother?)

Anyway, the official access rules are

Crown Lounges: NE PE / KLM PE + 1 guest
Business Lounges: NW GE / KLM GE (+ KLM SE until 29/02/04)

As for the benefits of GE over SE - don't forget the 100% mileage bonus and the enanced award/upgrade availability. The latter benefit gives FD a real edge over the competition IMHO since it means you can actually *use* your miles!

-- Dambus

[This message has been edited by Dambus (edited 03-19-2003).]
Old Mar 19, 2003, 10:15 am
Original Poster

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Dambus:

(Unless they were asking about the status of your brother?)
</font>
My dad tends to only get his card out when asked -it's usually printed on the ticket. The only reason I'm wondering if I can get in, is because they asked if he was PE or GE with relation to taking in his guests.

Oh well, I'm flying back this easter to see my dad, so on my return flight i can always try. The worst they can do is say no (although it's a long way back to E/F!)...

Old Mar 20, 2003, 3:11 am

Programs: EI AerClub Concierge, EK Gold, BA Gold, BD Gold (Retired), HHonors Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Gold
My dad tends to only get his card out when asked -it's usually printed on the ticket....
</font>
Brave man! The one time I dared do that I got a very frosty request to produce my card!

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">
Oh well, I'm flying back this easter to see my dad, so on my return flight i can always try. The worst they can do is say no (although it's a long way back to E/F!)...
</font>
Maybe someone on this board will be around to get you in? We are due to fly out for Easter on 11/04 - any use to you?

-- Dambus

Old Mar 20, 2003, 4:38 am

Programs: KLM Plat for Life , BA Gold, HH Silver, (Other half Diamond), IHG Gold
i have certainly leapt up and got people in on my PE card if they were stuggling to get in for a reasonable reason. The staff dont like it very much though!
Old Mar 20, 2003, 8:13 am
WKS

IMHO it depends on the lounge keeper [what do you call them?] as well. On average, I would say 90% of the time at AMS, I encounter nice ones who are quite flexible - some years back, when I was SW and tried to take in a BW, they checked his account to see how close it was to SW, then my account to see how close I was to RW, in trying to accommodate the request. I was impressed they even bothered to check...thought I'd just get an outright 'No'.

Since becoming RW/PE, lounge access has not been an issue for me, but still found most of the AMS lounge staff really helpful & accommodating in lots of ways...so its worth asking.

I have however seen people turned away from the Crown Lounge on D pier simply because they had a Business Class ticket - usually having arrived from long-haul somewhere, en route to the UK.

------------------
KLM FD PE, BMI Gold, AA Platinum, UA Premier, Hilton HHonors Gold
Old Mar 21, 2003, 1:05 pm
Original Poster

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Dambus:
Maybe someone on this board will be around to get you in? We are due to fly out for Easter on 11/04 - any use to you?

-- Dambus

</font>
Thanks for the offer...however, I’m due to fly out on the 22nd April at 9.30...anyone flying then ....

To be honest, I only really go in the lounge (used to have vouchers from my dad for R/W)...if my flight was delayed...however this seems to be a common occurrence among KLM-UK flights...perhaps KLM-C will be different? My dad actually printed off something from KLM-UK that gives GE access to the lounge –so I could use this…It was under the KLM partners section on their website. Just looked now though, and they’ve now changed it so that Crown access is only PE
Old Apr 10, 2003, 4:49 pm

D-peer is only accessible if you have a PE card from KLM with a GE it is not allowed. Only other option is to have a C-class ticket which gets you in as well. Closed lounge to get in to is between D and F if I am not mistaken (lounge 52) They allow GE members. Good luck!
Marco.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.