FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   KLM Flying Dutchman (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/klm-flying-dutchman-493/)
-   -   Double Points Promotions (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/klm-flying-dutchman/63006-double-points-promotions.html)

johan rebel Dec 28, 2001 6:25 am

Double Points Promotions

A colleague at my employers' office in the Netherlands gave me a copy of the latest issue of the KLM Flying Dutchman magazine.

On pages 12 and 13 there are adverisements for two promotions :

-double points in any class on all intercontinental flights from the Netherlands.

-double points in business class on all intra-European flights from the Netherlands.

Both offers are valid 1 January - 31 March.

It is not specifically mentioned anywhere, but I should imagine that the promotions are for members with a Dutch address only.

johan

ralfkrippner Dec 28, 2001 6:59 am

I think they are good for all members; KLM mentioned a double miles promo (but I think only Jan/Feb) for it's own and CO flights in its newsletters and on its website and no registration was needed.

LH738 Dec 28, 2001 7:14 am

These promo's are new to me. I searched the German site and couldn't find both promos. Especially the second promo seams interesting though there are not too many C-class flights from Germany (e.g. Eurowings from Nuremberg doesn't have a C-class).

Threy Dec 28, 2001 7:22 am

Johan, first of all can give more information, what a Flying Dutchman Magazine is ???

Do you mean their Inflight Magazine or the FD news, I have never heard of anything like a FD Mag.

Please remember, that KLM had run promotions in the past exclusively for special markets, as far as I know, Germany has double FD points on US Flights until Feb 28th, on CO metal until the end of March.

I have to go to the US twice in March and I am right now in the process of booking CO from AMS or FRA, so I am very interested in the conclusion of this offer, but I guess it is for NL residents only.

LH738 Dec 28, 2001 7:30 am

Threy, there's also a double miles promo on their german web site with Co:

###########################
Partner: Continental Airlines
Ankunft: 1. Januar bis 31. März 2002
Angebot: Feiern Sie mit uns, dass Continental Airlines unser neuer Partner im FD-Programm ist! Sammeln Sie doppelte FD-Punkte auf allen Flügen mit Continental Airlines.
Kontakt/Info: Ausführliche Informationen bei unserem FD-Helpdesk.
FD-Angebot Nr. 738
###########################

[This message has been edited by LH738 (edited 12-28-2001).]

ralfkrippner Dec 28, 2001 7:47 am

www.klm.com, News:

Flying Dutchman USA specials
KLM and Northwest Airlines are inviting you, as our loyal customer, to fly to the USA this winter and benefit from a number of exceptional special Flying Dutchman offers.

Earn double Flying Dutchman points on all direct KLM and Northwest Airlines flights between Amsterdam and any one of the many destinations in the USA.

Partner: KLM & Northwest
Date: January 7 - February 28, 2002
Offer: Three reasons to fly KLM or Northwest Airlines to the USA this winter!
- double FD points on all USA destinations

Partner: Continental Airlines
Date: January 1 - March 31, 2002
Offer: Celebrate with us that Continental Airlines has become partner to the FD program! Earn double FD points on all Continental Airlines flights.
Contact info: Contact the FD Helpdesk for full details.
FD Promotion number 738

LH738 Dec 28, 2001 9:21 am

I phoned to the FD helpdesk and asked about the promo:

-double points in business class on all intra-European flights from the Netherlands

Thr agent couldn't find this promo for German residents http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/frown.gif .

johan rebel Dec 28, 2001 9:28 am

Threy :

"Flying Dutchman" is a glossy magazine published quaterly in Dutch. I believe it is mailed only to FD members with a Dutch address. I used to get it when I lived in the Netherlands over a decade ago. Back then it was published bimonthly, and there was also an English edition called "Flying Dutchman International". The latter appears to have been short-lived.

Ralfkrippner :

I think we are talking about different promotions here. The ad in the Flying Dutchman magazine says "vanaf een Nederlandse luchthaven naar een intercontinentale bestemming" i.e. to any intercontinental destination, not only the USA.

johan

Threy Dec 28, 2001 11:36 am

Thanks, Johan !!
So it is basicly from all airports in the NL ( OK, not so many there )Sounds good to me, let`s see, if they have decent fares from Maastricht or Eindhoven to the US !!

pegasus8228 Dec 28, 2001 8:21 pm

i suppose the 2x point do not count towards the status? (e.g. teh status/mile comp promo)

johan rebel Dec 29, 2001 1:31 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by pegasus8228:
i suppose the 2x point do not count towards the status? (e.g. the status/mile comp promo)</font>
Correct, they will not.

I just found yet another promotion on page 26 in the FD magazine :

50% off on award flights to Italy until March 31. Hotel accommodation may be booked at discounted rates in conjuction with award tickets.

johan

kurz Dec 29, 2001 10:09 am

Besides the aforementioned promotions :
- Double points in any class on all intercontinental flights from the Netherlands;
- Double points in business class on all intra-European flights from the Netherlands; with both offers valid from 1 January 2002up to 31 March 2002.

There is a third one in the 'Flying Dutchman' magazine :
- Double points in Y class on all flights from the Netherlands to Italy.
The offer is valid from 1 November 2001 up to 15 december 2001 and from 1 January 2002 up to 31 January 2002.

ralfkrippner Dec 31, 2001 4:05 am

So the key is that the general double miles are only for flights originating in the Netherlands. This is also logical as those flights will mostly be much more expensive than flights with connections e.g. from Germany...

Has anybody found good fares with origin Maastricht or Rotterdam? Or are they actually even more expensive than out of AMS?

kurz Dec 31, 2001 4:32 am

In the FD programme points earned are calculated per one-way, direct flight. It is irrelevant were your itinerary starts or finishes. As soon as you fly with KL a segment were the double points promotion applies, you will get your double points.

Intercontinental KL flights from the Netherlands all leave from Amsterdam. KL has intra-European flights from Rotterdam, Maastricht, Eindhoven which have business class.

Threy Dec 31, 2001 7:24 am

That woulb be soo nice, but unfortunately that is not correct, these promotions, at least those promotions they run in the past, were strictly limited to certain countries.

This promo seems to me limited to departures from the NL and ( or )NL residents, but there is no way to get double points, if you fly from another country through AMS, but actually I would love to hear from anybody that I am wrong on this issue...