FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   KLM Flying Dutchman (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/klm-flying-dutchman-493/)
-   -   KL/EY Codeshare - which lounges? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/klm-flying-dutchman/1981254-kl-ey-codeshare-lounges.html)

sjoh1271 Aug 2, 2019 5:01 am

KL/EY Codeshare - which lounges?

Flying LHR-AMS-AUH-MEL return in business, on KL ticket, all KL flight numbers
AMS-AUH and AUH-MEL are on EY metal

Which lounges can I access?:
AMS - on outbound, arriving on KL metal and departing on EY (but KL code) - will it be the KL lounge or the third party lounge EY use?
AMS - on return, arriving on EY and departing on KL - assume will be the KL lounge as outbound flight is KL on KL metal
AUH - EY lounge as inbound and outbound flights on EY metal (but KL code)
MEL - The House lounge EY use in MEL as EY metal flight (but KL code)

Thanks!

irishguy28 Aug 2, 2019 6:19 am

LHR: Skyteam lounge, T4
AMS: KLM Crown Lounge 52 ("House of KLM")
AUH: Etihad Premium Lounge
MEL: The House

sjoh1271 Aug 2, 2019 7:18 am

Thanks

Neilgcal Aug 5, 2019 1:33 pm

I am in a similar predicament that I am ticketed to Abu Dhabi on KLM flight numbers departing Aberdeen and then connecting at Amsterdam to Etihad but with a KLM flight number. I would hope that this is perfectly okay for access but the other thread that I had asked in says no as it’s not sky team.

I hope this is not the case as KLM sell the ticket and I’m connecting from their flight. I know on BA in a similar situation this is certainly not an issue but don’t travel so much with KLM.

Hopefully I will get more reassurance in this thread?

KLBGO Aug 6, 2019 5:57 am

Similar situation here; We will land in AMS on KLM but leave AMS with Transavia (KL code). Can we access the Crown lounge?

irishguy28 Aug 6, 2019 6:04 am

Originally Posted by KLBGO (Post 31384786)
Similar situation here; We will land in AMS on KLM but leave AMS with Transavia (KL code). Can we access the Crown lounge?

As you are departing AMS on a KL flightcode, then you can access the KLM lounge on production of your boarding pass and, if necessary, your status card.

irishguy28 Aug 6, 2019 7:04 am

Originally Posted by Neilgcal (Post 31382497)
I am in a similar predicament that I am ticketed to Abu Dhabi on KLM flight numbers departing Aberdeen and then connecting at Amsterdam to Etihad but with a KLM flight number. I would hope that this is perfectly okay for access but the other thread that I had asked in says no as it’s not sky team.

I hope this is not the case as KLM sell the ticket and I’m connecting from their flight. I know on BA in a similar situation this is certainly not an issue but don’t travel so much with KLM.

Hopefully I will get more reassurance in this thread?

If you are travelling in Business Class, then of course you will have access.

However, if you are travelling in Economy class, the question becomes: on what basis do you have an expectation to receive lounge access? Your profile does not indicate status in any programme, and you state that you don't travel so much with KLM, so based on the little information given, you appear to be a non-status passenger who therefore has no right to lounge access.

Fabo.sk Aug 6, 2019 7:17 am

Originally Posted by irishguy28 (Post 31384991)
If you are travelling in Business Class, then of course you will have access.

However, if you are travelling in Economy class, the question becomes: on what basis do you have an expectation to receive lounge access? Your profile does not indicate status in any programme, and you state that you don't travel so much with KLM, so based on the little information given, you appear to be a non-status passenger who therefore has no right to lounge access.

The original question was will the questioner have access to KLM Crown Lounge (as opposed to EY contract lounge)

Neilgcal Aug 6, 2019 8:41 am

Originally Posted by Fabo.sk (Post 31385019)
The original question was will the questioner have access to KLM Crown Lounge (as opposed to EY contract lounge)

correct and apologies I did not make it clear that it is a business class ticket with KL flight numbers travelling on Etihad but I want to access the crown Lounge (rather than the Aspire Lounge Etihad use) and am connecting from a previous KLM flight also in business class. I have only silver status so no perks.

irishguy28 Aug 6, 2019 9:29 am

Your KL-coded flight should give you access to the Crown Lounge.