KL/EY Codeshare - which lounges?

Old Aug 2, 19, 5:01 am
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 42
KL/EY Codeshare - which lounges?

Flying LHR-AMS-AUH-MEL return in business, on KL ticket, all KL flight numbers
AMS-AUH and AUH-MEL are on EY metal

Which lounges can I access?:
AMS - on outbound, arriving on KL metal and departing on EY (but KL code) - will it be the KL lounge or the third party lounge EY use?
AMS - on return, arriving on EY and departing on KL - assume will be the KL lounge as outbound flight is KL on KL metal
AUH - EY lounge as inbound and outbound flights on EY metal (but KL code)
MEL - The House lounge EY use in MEL as EY metal flight (but KL code)

Thanks!
sjoh1271 is offline  
Old Aug 2, 19, 6:19 am
  #2  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Netherlands
Programs: Gold: A3, KL Silver: AZ, BA
Posts: 23,956
LHR: Skyteam lounge, T4
AMS: KLM Crown Lounge 52 ("House of KLM")
AUH: Etihad Premium Lounge
MEL: The House
irishguy28 is offline  
Old Aug 2, 19, 7:18 am
  #3  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 42
Thanks
sjoh1271 is offline  
Old Aug 5, 19, 1:33 pm
  #4  
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 101
I am in a similar predicament that I am ticketed to Abu Dhabi on KLM flight numbers departing Aberdeen and then connecting at Amsterdam to Etihad but with a KLM flight number. I would hope that this is perfectly okay for access but the other thread that I had asked in says no as itís not sky team.

I hope this is not the case as KLM sell the ticket and Iím connecting from their flight. I know on BA in a similar situation this is certainly not an issue but donít travel so much with KLM.

Hopefully I will get more reassurance in this thread?
Neilgcal is offline  
Old Aug 6, 19, 5:57 am
  #5  
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Programs: FB Platinum
Posts: 166
Similar situation here; We will land in AMS on KLM but leave AMS with Transavia (KL code). Can we access the Crown lounge?
KLBGO is offline  
Old Aug 6, 19, 6:04 am
  #6  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Netherlands
Programs: Gold: A3, KL Silver: AZ, BA
Posts: 23,956
Originally Posted by KLBGO View Post
Similar situation here; We will land in AMS on KLM but leave AMS with Transavia (KL code). Can we access the Crown lounge?
As you are departing AMS on a KL flightcode, then you can access the KLM lounge on production of your boarding pass and, if necessary, your status card.
KLBGO likes this.
irishguy28 is offline  
Old Aug 6, 19, 7:04 am
  #7  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Netherlands
Programs: Gold: A3, KL Silver: AZ, BA
Posts: 23,956
Originally Posted by Neilgcal View Post
I am in a similar predicament that I am ticketed to Abu Dhabi on KLM flight numbers departing Aberdeen and then connecting at Amsterdam to Etihad but with a KLM flight number. I would hope that this is perfectly okay for access but the other thread that I had asked in says no as it’s not sky team.

I hope this is not the case as KLM sell the ticket and I’m connecting from their flight. I know on BA in a similar situation this is certainly not an issue but don’t travel so much with KLM.

Hopefully I will get more reassurance in this thread?
If you are travelling in Business Class, then of course you will have access.

However, if you are travelling in Economy class, the question becomes: on what basis do you have an expectation to receive lounge access? Your profile does not indicate status in any programme, and you state that you don't travel so much with KLM, so based on the little information given, you appear to be a non-status passenger who therefore has no right to lounge access.
irishguy28 is offline  
Old Aug 6, 19, 7:17 am
  #8  
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: HAG
Programs: ST E+, *G, some hotel gold...
Posts: 2,162
Originally Posted by irishguy28 View Post
If you are travelling in Business Class, then of course you will have access.

However, if you are travelling in Economy class, the question becomes: on what basis do you have an expectation to receive lounge access? Your profile does not indicate status in any programme, and you state that you don't travel so much with KLM, so based on the little information given, you appear to be a non-status passenger who therefore has no right to lounge access.
The original question was will the questioner have access to KLM Crown Lounge (as opposed to EY contract lounge)
Fabo.sk is offline  
Old Aug 6, 19, 8:41 am
  #9  
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 101
Originally Posted by Fabo.sk View Post
The original question was will the questioner have access to KLM Crown Lounge (as opposed to EY contract lounge)
correct and apologies I did not make it clear that it is a business class ticket with KL flight numbers travelling on Etihad but I want to access the crown Lounge (rather than the Aspire Lounge Etihad use) and am connecting from a previous KLM flight also in business class. I have only silver status so no perks.

Neilgcal is offline  
Old Aug 6, 19, 9:29 am
  #10  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Netherlands
Programs: Gold: A3, KL Silver: AZ, BA
Posts: 23,956
Your KL-coded flight should give you access to the Crown Lounge.
irishguy28 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread