Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Real Premium Economy for KLM?

Search this Thread

Old May 9, 2019, 3:29 am

Originally Posted by BobTL
AF PE product is lackluster and absolutely not worth the price. In general you pay at least 50% more (often 75% more) compared to a Y ticket. The food is just a slight upgrade but the seat is just horrific. I would prefer a Y seat over a PE seat at AF, and would gladly be willing to trade with a Y passenger.
Pricing can be a hit or a miss, often PE tickets are costing around the same as Y, especially when booking relatively last minute.
Old May 9, 2019, 3:36 am

Originally Posted by Ditto
Pricing can be a hit or a miss, often PE tickets are costing around the same as Y, especially when booking relatively last minute.
I’d be happy so see some examples, never experienced that at all.
Old May 9, 2019, 4:54 am

Here is one for a flight this coming Saturday, it was much easier to find with the old website layout.
Old May 9, 2019, 4:59 am

And another example from July (take in mind extra baggage/extra XP and PE allows cancellation for a fee)
Old May 9, 2019, 5:20 am

And another example from July (take in mind extra baggage/extra XP and PE allows cancellation for a fee)
Fair enough. Are these round trips?
These are all ex- AMS , you think it has something to do with AF wanting to take market share from KL?
i never saw anything so good from my out station which is in Scandinavia.
Old May 9, 2019, 5:29 am

Fair enough. Are these round trips?
These are all ex- AMS , you think it has something to do with AF wanting to take market share from KL?
i never saw anything so good from my out station which is in Scandinavia.
No, that's just one-way as a part of a r/t.
And here is an example from Oslo (but mind you, there are cheaper/shorter flights that day via AMS), I suppose it might be more noticeable ex-AMS as fares on KL non-stop will be higher than AF via CDG.

Old May 9, 2019, 6:11 am

No, that's just one-way as a part of a r/t.
And here is an example from Oslo (but mind you, there are cheaper/shorter flights that day via AMS), I suppose it might be more noticeable ex-AMS as fares on KL non-stop will be higher than AF via CDG.

ok and what are the dates on your example ? I can’t find these fares, far from it.
Old May 9, 2019, 7:31 am

ok and what are the dates on your example ? I can’t find these fares, far from it.
This was 2nd week of July, don't remember which day as I had to swap around to find it.
Old May 10, 2019, 2:24 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA plat, Hertz, gold , Bonvoy gold,IHGplat
I think that looking at those numbers confirm that KL is missing out on those people who specifically want PE. After having flown both, PE and economy flex there are many reasons to fly PE if the fares between flex economy and PE are within range. Granted the AF PE seat is not my favorite. The LH seat and BA seats and fares cost KL travelers, especially business travelers whose company doesn't want to spring for a business ticket. In my opinion.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.