Carlson Contributor Badge

Programs: M&M FTL, Miles+Bonus Gold
New KLM lounge at AMS (non-Schengen)

New KLM lounge at AMS (non-Schengen)

from Twitter:
Sneak preview for media in new KLM Non-Schengen Crown Lounge

Old Dec 11, 2018, 7:10 am

Programs: FB Silver, Hilton Diamond
That looks very flashy and like a great upgrade, as far as one can judge from photos! Should probably have been in the KLM forum though.
Old Dec 11, 2018, 9:46 am

Programs: Delta Silver, HH Gold, Accor Gold, IHG Platinum
I attended the presentation. See: https://insideflyer.nl/insidelook-ve...e-52-schiphol/
Article will be expanded tomorrow with more pics and info.
Old Dec 11, 2018, 11:01 am

Programs: Flying Blue, EuroBonus
So is it open already? I'll be transiting AMS soon.
Old Dec 11, 2018, 11:57 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by KLflyerRalph
I attended the presentation. See: https://insideflyer.nl/insidelook-ve...e-52-schiphol/
Article will be expanded tomorrow with more pics and info.
Is there a smokers section in the new lounge?
Old Dec 11, 2018, 12:30 pm

Programs: Delta Silver, HH Gold, Accor Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by Xizm
Is there a smokers section in the new lounge?
Yes.
Old Dec 11, 2018, 12:33 pm

It really looks good, well done KLM.

G
Old Dec 11, 2018, 12:41 pm

I’ll be there next week, right on time. The live cooking will be available as of sometime this week as well right? Very curious about that one.
Old Dec 11, 2018, 12:56 pm

Flying through on Friday. Sadly, looks like I'll just miss it.
Old Dec 11, 2018, 4:48 pm

Programs: AF/KL platinum, Turkish gold, QR gold
Originally Posted by dbndb
I’ll be there next week, right on time. The live cooking will be available as of sometime this week as well right? Very curious about that one.
Not sure if I want to see how the KLM canteen lounge food is prepared

that said... if their goal is sending as many people to the paid restaurant as possible it might have an effect! (I still think that idea will be a gigantic flop, I cant see frequent flyers paying for it when they expect free services (and it's also soooo against the Dutch national character!)

Apart from my skepticism about the food part, the lounge definitely looks stunning! Well done KLM on that front!
AlicorporateUK and Squerez like this.
Old Dec 11, 2018, 6:03 pm

Programs: FlyingBlue Platinum, Hertz PC
Makes me wonder if the Schengen lounge will benefit from an upgrade once they are done with this one.

Shame nothing has been done for Ultimate passengers and that there will be no showers for a few months, I doubt the Mercure will be able to cope.
I have a very short layover next week, now kinda wish I will miss my connection so I can check out the lounge!
Old Dec 11, 2018, 6:08 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska MVP Gold.
I love it. This looks fantastic. I'm all for Skyclub style discounted but paid for options in addition to the free stuff. Let me please pay for something a bit nicer. It remains to be seen if it will indeed be nice.
Old Dec 12, 2018, 1:45 am

Originally Posted by Romanianflyer

that said... if their goal is sending as many people to the paid restaurant as possible it might have an effect! (I still think that idea will be a gigantic flop, I cant see frequent flyers paying for it when they expect free services (and it's also soooo against the Dutch national character!)

Apart from my skepticism about the food part, the lounge definitely looks stunning! Well done KLM on that front!
Agreed on all fronts.

G
Old Dec 12, 2018, 3:01 am

Programs: TINDER GOLD, STARBUCKS GOLD, COSTCO EXECUTIVE!!
Originally Posted by caliform
I love it. This looks fantastic. I'm all for Skyclub style discounted but paid for options in addition to the free stuff. Let me please pay for something a bit nicer. It remains to be seen if it will indeed be nice.
That's never how these things work. What happens is the free stuff ends up being part of cut backs and stuff nobody will ever touch, and eventually the lounge just becomes a place for only pay-for options, particularly alcohol.

Look at what happened to the Plaza Premium Lounges.

You can't really compare to the US lounges because those lounges, people already pay memberships starting at $300/year or more.
Old Dec 12, 2018, 3:45 am

Programs: FB Gold (E+),TK Elite(*A Gold)
Smile

Originally Posted by Romanianflyer

I agree that it doesnt sound too much Dutch to ask to pay for something supposed to be free. Plus I don't think you can make too much fine dining in a lounge where transits are usually made to be short. It can be a trial: If no or few customers that will change or left only to Platinums...
Speaking about Food and Beverages the AZ lounge in MXP no-Schengen area is one of the best for Skyteam elites altough there are few flight to/from.
I recognise instead that the lay-out of new KLM lounge is very attractive, modern and bright....and smokers and experienced FF can finally breathe the real fuel perfume from the balcony! Kidding apart, it sounds a nice option for sunny days.
AlicorporateUK likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.