Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Flight Bundle

Search this Thread

Old Nov 14, 2017, 6:06 am

Originally Posted by Xandrios
I just received an email from KLM about the flight bundle, and it now includes a Flying Blue status upgrade:

10 return flights bundle = free Silver status
20 return flights bundle = free Gold status

Which is quite a suitable offer. Much better than having to start at 0, earning status while flying these segments. Also, it may be a great way to jumpstart to Gold - especially with the new qualification requirements next year (getting status is much harder than keeping status). It does say that quantities are limited so the offer may not be around for long though.
Do you then still gain XP on top of the status gained?
Also does 20 return flights mean 40 segments in total?
Old Nov 14, 2017, 6:30 am

Programs: FB plat for life
I was called today by Optiontown - the company that runs the bundle for KLM. Seemed to come from Massachusetts but sounded like this weekend - bad VOIP line with lots of lost connections.
They told me they fixed the problem with the bundle and I could book now - but still not go.

Told them I made alternative arrangements so the bundle is not much worth to me now - want to cancel the purchase. They told me that is not possible sir. And then again connection lost.

I will try to resolve this with KLM.

SO WARNING - DO NOT PURCHASE A BUNDLE AT THIS STAGE - CRAPPY BACK OFFICE !
FlyingBart likes this.
Old Nov 20, 2017, 3:31 pm

It took another week - with help from the Plat line and from the general complaints office at KLM AMS - but now I have been told, they will cancel and reimburse my bundle.

Lessons learned:

1. Bundle is technically a challenge (for pax)
2. KLM has minor control over the execution
3. Claims 'we reserve a seat' and 'any flight is available' are not correct - if Y has sufficient availability you might be able to book with the bundle, but only if the technical side runs well and/or if it is a weekday and (I guess) Indian daytime - because then they have agents available who might be able to book for you.
4. For me not worth the hassle for now
5. If I were KLM I would step in to either improve execution right away or pull the bundles off the markets for now....
Old Nov 21, 2017, 8:01 am

Programs: Flying Blue
If it is not executed by KLM then it is not a deal for me. And in the end if you book smart you end up in having good prices to.
Old Nov 30, 2017, 3:33 pm
fkl

Programs: FB Plat
I bought a bundle today as I consider the prices quite attractive if you can take 60 flights on a particular route. First booking went smooth, so I am happy so far.
Old Dec 1, 2017, 4:24 am

I am still waiting for my refund. The Plat line agrees that I am entitled to the refund, however Optionstown needs to do that. But they simple don't.

3 weeks and counting - and the Plat line keeps calling them and me....

Lousy setup - no control apparently over the way they run it.

As long as it works, it seems a great idea, but if you run into s**t, you seem to be on your own.

ADDED :

KLM sent me an email a few weeks ago, when they announced the Flight Bundle stating, they were offering for a limited number - with a purchase of a bundle for 10 - 19 flights, a free FB Silver card or 7,500 miles and for 20 flights and more, a free FB Gold card or 15,000 miles.

I purchased the (challenged) 20 flights bundle and received an email I could choose between Silver or 7,500 miles but I responded it should have been 15,000 miles (or Gold).

Then Optiontown sends me the following:

Thank you for your interest in Flight Bundle.
We would like to advise you that as per records you have purchased KLM Flight Bundle with total 20 Flights credits. As per KLM Promotion on purchase of 10-19 Returns Flights
you are eligible for Silver Card or 75,000 Awards Miles.

So in one sentence they go from 20 flights to 10-19, and then to the even better 75,000 miles...

And these people are supposed to handle a technology that makes it easy (or even workable) to purchase and use these bundles.

Me thinks this clearly demonstrates KLM did not choose the right partner to realise that...

ADDED - December 8

Optionstown finally refunded me for the payment and cancelled the bundle....
Xizm likes this.

Last edited by pjhartog; Dec 8, 2017 at 2:11 pm Reason: new development
Old Dec 9, 2017, 8:28 am
fkl

Tried to redeem the second round trip just now... get the same "We are experiencing high volume at this time. Please check back with us after 15 minutes." message that pjhartog got. I am getting second thoughts whether it was a good idea to purchase this bundle...
Edit: Three hours later, after a few more tries, it finally worked. But I don't find this exactly "convenient".

Last edited by fkl; Dec 9, 2017 at 11:41 am
Old Dec 10, 2017, 9:13 am

Originally Posted by fkl
Tried to redeem the second round trip just now... get the same "We are experiencing high volume at this time. Please check back with us after 15 minutes." message that pjhartog got. I am getting second thoughts whether it was a good idea to purchase this bundle...
Edit: Three hours later, after a few more tries, it finally worked. But I don't find this exactly "convenient".
No, and if availability would have been limited - like I experienced - 3 hours might just serious f... you up for using the bundle...

Let's have experiences with the bundle post here so we can see what is improving and what is not...
Old Dec 13, 2017, 11:15 am

Programs: Der 5* FTL
Originally Posted by pjhartog
I am still waiting for my refund. The Plat line agrees that I am entitled to the refund, however Optionstown needs to do that. But they simple don't.

3 weeks and counting - and the Plat line keeps calling them and me....

Lousy setup - no control apparently over the way they run it.

As long as it works, it seems a great idea, but if you run into s**t, you seem to be on your own.

ADDED :

KLM sent me an email a few weeks ago, when they announced the Flight Bundle stating, they were offering for a limited number - with a purchase of a bundle for 10 - 19 flights, a free FB Silver card or 7,500 miles and for 20 flights and more, a free FB Gold card or 15,000 miles.

I purchased the (challenged) 20 flights bundle and received an email I could choose between Silver or 7,500 miles but I responded it should have been 15,000 miles (or Gold).

Then Optiontown sends me the following:

Thank you for your interest in Flight Bundle.
We would like to advise you that as per records you have purchased KLM Flight Bundle with total 20 Flights credits. As per KLM Promotion on purchase of 10-19 Returns Flights
you are eligible for Silver Card or 75,000 Awards Miles.

So in one sentence they go from 20 flights to 10-19, and then to the even better 75,000 miles...

And these people are supposed to handle a technology that makes it easy (or even workable) to purchase and use these bundles.

Me thinks this clearly demonstrates KLM did not choose the right partner to realise that...

ADDED - December 8

Optionstown finally refunded me for the payment and cancelled the bundle....
10-19 return flights, that would mean 20-38 flight coupons, wouldn't it?

But it doesn't make sense, 20 flights will give you Silver anyway.
Does this promotion run still? I'd go check the terms, might work well for me.

edit: found it in my emails. Looks like it's indeed 10+ returns for silver (20+ for gold), but you can also gift it. so that makes some sense.
Old Dec 13, 2017, 3:46 pm

Originally Posted by Fabo.sk
10-19 return flights, that would mean 20-38 flight coupons, wouldn't it?

But it doesn't make sense, 20 flights will give you Silver anyway..
Yes, but the difference is that for that you must fly them yourself. With this flight bundle you need only purchase them; someone else can fly them.
Old Dec 13, 2017, 3:53 pm

Programs: Der 5* FTL
Originally Posted by CyBeR
Yes, but the difference is that for that you must fly them yourself. With this flight bundle you need only purchase them; someone else can fly them.
I've only just noticed that it's even possible for multiple people to fly on a single bundle. So it's like 2 return flights for a family of 5 then. Which could be useful.
Old Dec 19, 2017, 1:29 pm
fkl

Booked even bundle for 3 people because it was same price as 2 people. Just need to find out if anyone else is interested in AMS-MUC
At the moment trying to redeem the 3rd flight, but again "We are experiencing high volume at this time. Please check back with us after 15 minutes." since a few hours... makes booking a ~400€ flight for 124€ less fun than it would be otherwise.
Edit: After complaining via e-mail they fixed the issue very quickly... still...

Last edited by fkl; Dec 19, 2017 at 1:40 pm
Old Dec 19, 2017, 4:12 pm

It seems they are getting more responsive to issues, but still - these issues should not occur at all.

In my view the bundle should work seamless with KLM and that is still not the case.

The hassle before I got my refund was really not acceptable.

But a good working bundle concept would really be great !

Let's hope these are just early hour issues - although Optionstown seems to have been around for a while.
Old Dec 20, 2017, 4:48 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
Originally Posted by fkl
booking a ~400€ flight for 124€
In which fare class do these book? In a class that corresponds to a 400-euro fare, or, a class that is closer to a 124 euro fare (do they open extra space in that class when you book)? Or perhaps there is a dedicated class for these bundle-flights?
Old Dec 20, 2017, 7:51 am

Originally Posted by Xandrios
In which fare class do these book? In a class that corresponds to a 400-euro fare, or, a class that is closer to a 124 euro fare (do they open extra space in that class when you book)? Or perhaps there is a dedicated class for these bundle-flights?
Not sure if they use specific fare classes - advertising and mails state 'we always reserve a seat for you' but that is nonsense.

I think if there is place in Y regardsless of fare class, you should get it. But clearly it not always works that way, certainly not in the early days.

Perhaps they can handle that now by phone - when I ran into my issues they could not do anything in Amsterdam, referred me to the India call centre (the Optionstown `+31 20....' number) but on Sunday the guy could not book 'by hand' and told me to call back on Monday - then the availability was zero...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.