Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Parking at Schiphol from October 1st

Search this Thread

Old Sep 14, 2017, 12:04 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
If airport hotels offer parking packages (usually a one night hotel room stay combined in a single special rate with the right to park your car at the hotel for seven (with variations) days and shuttle service between hotel and terminal. In the USA, this is often cheaper than paying for airport parking alone and can sometimes be more convenient. It's especially nice not to have to drive after a long flight when one is exhausted and jetlagged.
Old Oct 9, 2017, 8:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Lots of whinging in the Privium ClubLounge today. Patrons were complaining to the staff as well as talking about it amongst themselves.

Johan
Old Oct 10, 2017, 5:12 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, FB Plat
It was discussed on national radio as well a little over a week ago. "Prices up for parking at Schiphol again, less options to put your car"

I've complained over Email as well as privium plus member. Got a pretty default damage-control and politically correct customer support response that basically says "too bad, suck it up"

Last week I also got a cheap offer to hand over my keys for Valet parking for a week. But I'm not comfortable with someone I don't know parking/driving my car. So that's not going to happen.

Last edited by Wunk; Oct 10, 2017 at 5:18 am
Old Mar 10, 2018, 2:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I (fortunately) don't have a car in Holland, and therefore no personal experiences to report, but I surmise from the latest Privium e-mail that the new parking arrangements are a great success.

The e-mail includes a link to a video "View the directions and watch a video to see how you can easily reach Privium 1."

I suspect that means it isn't easy at all.

There's also a link on how to open sliding doors:

"Here's how the sliding doors work at Privium Excellence

The old instructions for inserting your Privium card to open the sliding doors at the Privium Excellence car park were unclear. We apologise for any inconvenience this may have caused. New instructions have been posted which clearly explain how you should insert your card. Read here the instructions to open the slinding doors easily
."

I suspect that means it isn't easy at all.

Johan
Old Mar 10, 2018, 2:55 pm

Programs: Der 5* FTL
The only thing that works right in Schiphol parking is valet, but at that price it better... (also, my car is old an battered already. If some kid scratched it up, I probably wouldn't even notice.)
It's just a bloody mess otherwise. I took to parking at the P+R in Hoofddorp.

OK, to be fair, long term parking is fine, provided you book in advance. And for at least a week.
Old Mar 11, 2018, 1:52 pm
Original Poster

Programs: FB Plat, Privium
The new parking for me now means I have someone to drop me off at the airport. The other option is to park in P3, which adds another 25 minutes to the journey. Overall Schiphol is earning a lot less on me than before the changes.
Old Mar 12, 2018, 10:16 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, FB Plat
Same here, I let people drop me off more than before.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.