Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sky Priority Security check at Schiphol

Search this Thread

Old Jun 28, 2017, 1:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by caliform
They are supposedly adding 300-400 more staff.
With no relevant experience whatsover, and poorly trained in great haste, no doubt.

Johan
Old Jun 29, 2017, 1:59 pm

Get the feeling we wouldn't be in half of this mess if they didn't insist on replacing passport checks with machines. And, in al fairness, the way they are positioned at schiphol makes it difficult to figure them out at first glance.
Old Jul 1, 2017, 8:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

From the latest Privium e-mail

"At border control, you may automatically cross the border using the Privium iris scan technology. If there are more lines than usual at the border control gates due to the number of passengers, you are allowed to skip the line to get to the Privium iris scan first. If necessary, ask a Schiphol employee on site for assistance."

Johan
Old Jul 3, 2017, 10:39 pm

That's nice Johan but for 4 trips a year on average I'm not going to cough up the privium fee and I still do not lilke to stand in line for hours because Schiphol's management is incompetent.
Old Jul 3, 2017, 11:12 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska MVP Gold.
Since Privium is a for-profit program run by the Schiphol Group you'd almost think they have a vested interest in making sure security is a disaster...
Old Jul 4, 2017, 1:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by caliform
Since Privium is a for-profit program run by the Schiphol Group you'd almost think they have a vested interest in making sure security is a disaster...
There's apparently been a run on Privium memberships in recent months, so you have a point there.

For me, one of Privium's major benefits is the lounge, which often provides me with my one and only decent meal on travel days. This lounge is getting more crowded, at times it's overfull. The staff then have a hard time clearing tables and replenishing the (generally excellent) buffet. If standards start slipping the lounge is at risk of losing its appeal.

Originally Posted by wijnands
That's nice Johan but for 4 trips a year on average I'm not going to cough up the privium fee and I still do not like to stand in line for hours because Schiphol's management is incompetent.
I cannot imagine anybody does, nor should anybody have to. An appalling case of mismanagement.

Johan
Old Jul 4, 2017, 4:18 am

Programs: Flying Blue PFL; IHG Rewards Club Diamond; HHonors Silver
Get the feeling we wouldn't be in half of this mess if they didn't insist on replacing passport checks with machines. And, in al fairness, the way they are positioned at schiphol makes it difficult to figure them out at first glance.
As a data point I passed through the non-Schengen to Schengen passport check at 11 am today (4th July). There was no queue at all and it took all of 30 seconds at the passport machine.
Old Jul 4, 2017, 6:24 am

Programs: Flying Blue PFL; IHG Rewards Club Diamond; HHonors Silver
Originally Posted by Ardecos
As a data point I passed through the non-Schengen to Schengen passport check at 11 am today (4th July). There was no queue at all and it took all of 30 seconds at the passport machine.
As an update, I left Crowne Lounge 25 at 2 pm and looked down at the Schengen to non-Schengen passport check and the queues were pretty long, even with the automatic checking machines in use.
Old Jul 4, 2017, 10:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Ardecos
As an update, I left Crowne Lounge 25 at 2 pm and looked down at the Schengen to non-Schengen passport check and the queues were pretty long, even with the automatic checking machines in use.
I regularly walk past there around that time of the day, long lines seem to be pretty much par for the course, regardeless of whether the machines are in use or not. Sometimes the queues are simply horrendous.

Johan
Old Jul 7, 2017, 1:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Luchtvaartnieuws reports that 50 correctional officers will be deployed at AMS to assist the KMar. The defense department will send troops to ports and land borders, thus releasing additional KMar officers for duty at Schiphol.

Johan
Old Jul 7, 2017, 3:42 am

Move in the right direction. This weekend will be an interesting one
Old Jul 7, 2017, 3:50 am

Move in the right direction. This weekend will be an interesting one
Anything special this weekend?
Old Jul 7, 2017, 4:11 am

Originally Posted by Ditto
Anything special this weekend?
School holidays begin in parts of the Netherlands.
Old Jul 8, 2017, 2:44 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
I'm not sure how accurate it is, but Schiphol now shows the wait at security per flight. It seems suspiciously low for the first day of summer holidays..

Old Jul 8, 2017, 11:17 am

Programs: FB Plat, Privium
Last week it was pretty accurate.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.