Search

New Boeing 737-700 and -800

Search this Thread

Old Feb 26, 2011, 11:52 am
Original Poster

Programs: Flying Blue: Platinum for Life Elite Plus - EuroBonus: Gold
New Boeing 737-700 and -800

Dear all,
I was wondering if the new Boeing 737's delivered this year for KLM will have the Dreamliner interior or will it be like the other ones?
Sincerely,
SB
Old Feb 26, 2011, 5:33 pm
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
That would be very nice, but I have a hunch that it will be the standard config. Guess we will see. Do we know which/when aircraft are being delivered? Are there any planned at all?
Old Jun 8, 2011, 12:30 am
Original Poster

There is no internal news or info. about this matter. I am looking really eagerly to see if KLM does upgrade their servies onboard. All their planes interior looks like the most basic version they can get. I know there is a new boeing 737-700 every month coming to KLM.
Sincerely,
SB
Old Jun 8, 2011, 2:51 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum for Life, BMI Gold, EK Skywards Gold, BA Gold, IC Hotels Platinum Ambassador
I thought the new 737-700's I've been on were quite nice really. Perfectly fine for the length of flight they were doing anyway..
Old Jun 8, 2011, 4:46 am
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM)

Programs: Flying Blue (AF/KL)
Originally Posted by strikerbird
I am looking really eagerly to see if KLM does upgrade their servies onboard. All their planes interior looks like the most basic version they can get.
I believe the B737-700 are equipped with the drop down tv's. What (other) upgrade would you like to see?
Old Jun 8, 2011, 8:14 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
I have yet to fly on a monitor/screen equipped B737 with KLM. I mostly fly on the 737-700 and -800.

However I dont agree its the most basic version. For example, the first 8 rows have power ports installed for each seat. So you can charge your laptop, iPad and/or phone while flying. Great!
Old Jun 8, 2011, 8:34 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum for Life, BMI Gold, EK Skywards Gold, BA Gold, IC Hotels Platinum Ambassador
Every -700 I have been on has had drop down screens with the moving map thing on it.
Old Jun 9, 2011, 12:33 am
Original Poster

Hey,
Sorry, maybe I have exadrurated a bit, all Boeing -700, -800, -900 have electrical plugs on their seats all the way to up the emergency exit almost. In addition, all boeing 737-700 have drop tv screens and only the newest 737-800 (the ones that came into service at the end of 2009) have also the tv drops. What I meant with enhancement in the cabin, I mean the new dreamliner interior, with new cabin bag cabin design, new window design, and LED lightening...
Sincerely,
SB
Old Jun 10, 2011, 5:47 am
tff

Programs: FB LTPE, TP Gold, All Gold
Originally Posted by Xandrios
I have yet to fly on a monitor/screen equipped B737 with KLM. I mostly fly on the 737-700 and -800.

However I dont agree its the most basic version. For example, the first 8 rows have power ports installed for each seat. So you can charge your laptop, iPad and/or phone while flying. Great!
I flew in PH-BCA a couple of weeks ago and I can confirm it does have LCDs throughout the cabin. It was a first for me too.
Old Jun 10, 2011, 1:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by chunk73
Every -700 I have been on has had drop down screens with the moving map thing on it.
They indeed do have, but the pursers often don't seem to know, and therefore do not switch on the moving map. I guess they still have to get used to this new-fangled technology.

Johan
Old Jun 10, 2011, 10:51 pm

Programs: BA Gold, FB Plat
Originally Posted by johan rebel
They indeed do have, but the pursers often don't seem to know, and therefore do not switch on the moving map. I guess they still have to get used to this new-fangled technology.

Johan
Indeed. A few weeks back I had the pleasure of one of the new aircraft but this time when it came to the inflight safety briefing one of the FAs took it upon herself to get out the demo pack, donned the life jacket ready only for the screens to startbplaying the video instead. Cue a lot of laughing, a little embarrassment and a hasty retreat! Obviously they still keep these as backups.
Old Jun 11, 2011, 2:35 am
Original Poster

Lol. Nice, however, what do you guys think about the dreamliner interior?
Old Jun 11, 2011, 6:06 am

Programs: BA Gold, FB Plat
Lol. Nice, however, what do you guys think about the dreamliner interior?
It looks pretty spectacular. The videos on the Boeing website are impressive. I had the pleasure of a factory tour in March and we saw the aircraft on the production line but sadly we couldn't go any closer.
Old Jun 11, 2011, 6:26 am
Original Poster

Do you think KLM rest of the orders are with them?
Old Jun 11, 2011, 7:19 am

Do you think KLM rest of the orders are with them?
I'd very much doubt it.
KL ain't exactly known for pushing the boat out.
KL will keep costs down.
These frames are short haul so most passengers really don't care how nice the cabin looks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.