FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   KLM Flying Dutchman (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/klm-flying-dutchman-493/)
-   -   KLM WBC seat question (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/klm-flying-dutchman/1142633-klm-wbc-seat-question.html)

GrizNation Oct 31, 2010 12:20 pm

KLM WBC seat question

Hey yall ,

I will be flying AMS-DFW next month in WBC and I was wondering, what would the best seat be ? I was thinking about 1A but will access to aisle be easy or will I have to jump over my neighbor when sleeping?

Other suggestions or cool fact about that flight?
Also, I have noticed most appetizers on these flights consist of fish..I can't eat it. What do I do? Is there gonna be a second choice? Can I ask for something else?

Thanks a lot

KLflyerRalph Nov 1, 2010 12:19 am

Isn't that flight operated by Delta?

KLflyerRalph Nov 1, 2010 12:23 am

Oops! Sorry, I thought it was DTW!

MichielR Nov 1, 2010 11:58 am

Originally Posted by GrizNation (Post 15047670)
Also, I have noticed most appetizers on these flights consist of fish..I can't eat it. What do I do? Is there gonna be a second choice? Can I ask for something else?

Thanks a lot

Order a special meal if you're worried, your request won't ruin your chances of an opup from WBC on KL.;)

GrizNation Nov 1, 2010 2:56 pm

Wait do u mean ruining my chances? I'm already flying WBC...

troje Nov 1, 2010 3:44 pm

Originally Posted by GrizNation (Post 15054622)
Wait do u mean ruining my chances? I'm already flying WBC...

Many airlines offer first class cabin as well, but not on KLM. Usually ordering a special meal will eliminate your chances of being upgraded.

GrizNation Nov 1, 2010 4:19 pm

oh okay gotcha! :D
so what type of special meal should I request tho? Because I would want the regular one just with no fish.
I guess it's not a big deal if I can't do anything about it but just wondering...:p

alanw Nov 2, 2010 5:07 pm

I would not sweat the special meal or the appetizer. Pick the fish off, eat the salad, and be thankful you're not flying during a "Wines of China" or similar promotion. Regardless of what you order, the meal will not be the high point of your flight.

tezzer Nov 7, 2010 11:29 am

It's always dtruck me as a bit odd that there is usually a seafood option on the special meals list but not a NO seafood option, as so many people are allergic to seafood / shellfish etc, myself included.

KLflyerRalph Nov 7, 2010 11:54 am

Originally Posted by tezzer (Post 15092501)
It's always dtruck me as a bit odd that there is usually a seafood option on the special meals list but not a NO seafood option, as so many people are allergic to seafood / shellfish etc, myself included.

Yeah, KLM is lacking of many special-meal offers compared with other airlines.

kimbb Nov 14, 2010 11:59 am

You are right about the fish. Just did two flights with KLM in WBC and salmon for starter on both (with no other option). But sure you will get an alternative if you specify in your booking.

Personally I like seat 1A the most. Have noticed that it is very often free when checking in onine. Perhaps they save it for special passengers (politicians and royalties) and if none in that category they will release for gold and platinum card holders at check in 30h before departure?

BTW: The last of my KLM flights (yesterday) was one of the best ever in terms of food and service. Fantastic crew! And the purser adressed me by name. Does not happen to often.