Search

KLM WBC seat question

Search this Thread

Old Oct 31, 2010, 12:20 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM
KLM WBC seat question

Hey yall ,

I will be flying AMS-DFW next month in WBC and I was wondering, what would the best seat be ? I was thinking about 1A but will access to aisle be easy or will I have to jump over my neighbor when sleeping?

Other suggestions or cool fact about that flight?
Also, I have noticed most appetizers on these flights consist of fish..I can't eat it. What do I do? Is there gonna be a second choice? Can I ask for something else?

Thanks a lot
Old Nov 1, 2010, 12:19 am

Programs: Delta Silver, HH Gold, Accor Gold, IHG Platinum
Isn't that flight operated by Delta?
Old Nov 1, 2010, 12:23 am

Oops! Sorry, I thought it was DTW!
Old Nov 1, 2010, 11:58 am

Programs: LX SEN, AFKL Platinum, BA Bronze,
Originally Posted by GrizNation
Also, I have noticed most appetizers on these flights consist of fish..I can't eat it. What do I do? Is there gonna be a second choice? Can I ask for something else?

Thanks a lot

Order a special meal if you're worried, your request won't ruin your chances of an opup from WBC on KL.
Old Nov 1, 2010, 2:56 pm
Original Poster

Wait do u mean ruining my chances? I'm already flying WBC...
Old Nov 1, 2010, 3:44 pm

Programs: FB Plat, Privium
Originally Posted by GrizNation
Wait do u mean ruining my chances? I'm already flying WBC...
Many airlines offer first class cabin as well, but not on KLM. Usually ordering a special meal will eliminate your chances of being upgraded.
Old Nov 1, 2010, 4:19 pm
Original Poster

oh okay gotcha!
so what type of special meal should I request tho? Because I would want the regular one just with no fish.
I guess it's not a big deal if I can't do anything about it but just wondering...
Old Nov 2, 2010, 5:07 pm

Programs: BA Gold · A3 Gold · DL Gold · VY apologist
I would not sweat the special meal or the appetizer. Pick the fish off, eat the salad, and be thankful you're not flying during a "Wines of China" or similar promotion. Regardless of what you order, the meal will not be the high point of your flight.
Old Nov 7, 2010, 11:29 am

It's always dtruck me as a bit odd that there is usually a seafood option on the special meals list but not a NO seafood option, as so many people are allergic to seafood / shellfish etc, myself included.
Old Nov 7, 2010, 11:54 am

Originally Posted by tezzer
It's always dtruck me as a bit odd that there is usually a seafood option on the special meals list but not a NO seafood option, as so many people are allergic to seafood / shellfish etc, myself included.
Yeah, KLM is lacking of many special-meal offers compared with other airlines.
Old Nov 14, 2010, 11:59 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, HiltonHon Diamond, Radisson Rewards Gold, One World Silver, Eurobonus Silver
You are right about the fish. Just did two flights with KLM in WBC and salmon for starter on both (with no other option). But sure you will get an alternative if you specify in your booking.

Personally I like seat 1A the most. Have noticed that it is very often free when checking in onine. Perhaps they save it for special passengers (politicians and royalties) and if none in that category they will release for gold and platinum card holders at check in 30h before departure?

BTW: The last of my KLM flights (yesterday) was one of the best ever in terms of food and service. Fantastic crew! And the purser adressed me by name. Does not happen to often.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.