Search

extending a monetary credit?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 4, 2006, 10:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA ltg, B6, DL, UA, AS, SPG/Marriott Plt, HH, Hyatt
extending a monetary credit?

Wife and self were gonna fly to Bahamas last feb from BOS.

Could not go. Had bought two RT tickets, paid and then cancelled trip. Other than acceptable fees for this, we now have about $380 worth of jetblue credit avail til this feb.

Dont know if we can use them and unless we can find someone who can use em then we may need to find out how to extend these further (though it's not necessarily the intent of my post here, I would consider things involving mileage flights on other carriers, hotel stays or points, or money hint hint).

And of course, being new to all things jetblue, here's a stupid idea that may be worth it unless you tell me better: Could we book any NEW flights only to just cancel those and pay a new fee? It could be worth at least saving the bulk of said monies...

or are there other thoughts, ideas, etc...??

much appreciated. I have not yet flown the airline but have hard all good things.

MM
Old Oct 4, 2006, 12:01 pm

Programs: JetBlue TrueBlue, AAdvantage, Rapid Rewards, Sky Miles, SPG, Marriott Rewards, HHonors, Hertz
I have heard that jetBlue kindly extends all credits for 3 months - to make them valid for a total of 15 months, as opposed to the original 12 months. However, this is not always the case.

Keep in mind that since your credit is good for one year from Feb. 06, that does not mean you must travel by Feb. 07...as long as you book by Feb. 07, you'll be fine. For example, if you book tomorrow, you can travel by April 30, 2007. Obviously, by the time Feb. rolls around, the flight schedules will be extended and you can travel by say Aug/Sept.

I would not book another trip and then cancel it with a fee just to keep the credit active - save that as a last resort. For example, if you don't have a need to book by say Jan., then exercise that option.
Old Oct 5, 2006, 6:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA ltg, B6, DL, UA, AS, SPG/Marriott Plt, HH, Hyatt
thanks for your help!!

this makes things easier for sure and now I may have more time.
MM

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.