FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   JetBlue | TrueBlue (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/jetblue-trueblue-492/)
-   -   Destination Rumors (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/jetblue-trueblue/555456-destination-rumors.html)

prhs1989 Jun 25, 2006 6:01 pm

Originally Posted by jetBlueNYFL
I highly doubt DFW...as a matter of fact, I would eliminate Dallas right now just to avoid the whole Wright Ammendment mess. Spirit now serves DFW and WN is big at DAL. Maybe later on but not yet...I heard ORD (believe it or not over MDW) is coming soon.

MSP...I have not heard any rumors from jetBlue sources, but think it would be an EXCELLENT route for jetBlue to JFK.

On a.net, the current rumors are: TUS, SRQ, HOU. I don't think TUS will happen...

The most-rumored cities in general, which still have not come are SAV and STL.

TUS doesn't make any sense. It is a seasonal flight for Continental. I fear that they would drop fares to increase a market that isn't there.

My gut says that the next city is STL, followed by SRQ.

owflyer Jun 25, 2006 8:07 pm

TUS 320 1X and HOU 190 3X

jetBlueNYFL Jun 25, 2006 8:24 pm

Originally Posted by owflyer

Any sources please?

N830MH Jun 25, 2006 8:28 pm

Originally Posted by owflyer

Where did you get the flight info come from? You should wait for official news releases from Jetblue to announces to HOU & TUS. TUS hasn't never nonstop to JFK in the east coast before. Mostly people who want drives over to PHX for catch the flight to JFK on Jetblue. Does people will made an cheaper price go there in New York.

TWA Fan 1 Jun 25, 2006 8:56 pm

NYC desperately needs B6 to go to HOU. I'm flying to HOU this week and looked at CO. With a two-week advance the best I could find was $818. Ended up booking ATA at $376, but we have prefered, of course, to fly B6.

The Midwest in general is pretty thin right now, and I'd love to fly to MSP, Chicago (whether O'Hare or Midway), IND, STL, Columbus, and MCI.

I know B6 avoids going head to head in a market controlled by one legacy carrier ready to do battle. In the case of MSP, DTW, CVG, ATL, they're probably wary of doing battle with carriers already in Chptr 11 and ready to sell inventory far below cost in order to maintain supremacy.

201flyer Jun 25, 2006 9:30 pm

Originally Posted by prhs1989
TUS doesn't make any sense. It is a seasonal flight for Continental. I fear that they would drop fares to increase a market that isn't there.

I think JetBlue is trying one evening/redeye JFK-TUS round trip per day to see if it will be better than keeping an A320 sitting on the ground at JFK all night. They are probably looking for more Western US cities to send redeyes to.

How successful have the PHX redeyes to JFK and BOS been for JetBlue? It could be that JetBlue is looking for more of the same kind of traffic.

TWA Fan 1 Jun 25, 2006 9:59 pm

My gut says that the next city is STL, followed by SRQ.

I'm not quite sure I agree with you about TUS being a mistake. There has been a tremendous growth in population. Estimates are that Tucson has grown about 13% since the 2000 census and the metro area now has about a million residents. Most of this population growth is from newcomers, many from the Eastern Seaboard. And, of course, there is the tourist trade.

If this data is correct, then TUS is underserved and fits perfectly the B6 profile of finding a niche market not controlled by a major player unlike PHX which is one of AWA's primary hub.

N830MH Jun 25, 2006 11:28 pm

Originally Posted by 201flyer
I think JetBlue is trying one evening/redeye JFK-TUS round trip per day to see if it will be better than keeping an A320 sitting on the ground at JFK all night. They are probably looking for more Western US cities to send redeyes to.

How successful have the PHX redeyes to JFK and BOS been for JetBlue? It could be that JetBlue is looking for more of the same kind of traffic.

You really think so about jetblue is trying one evening or redeye from TUS-JFK? How is successful does ever before the PHX is already current red-eyes both to BOS & JFK.

Deltafan2006 Jun 26, 2006 12:23 am

Jetblue should focus in the caribbean route such as PLS, Punta Cana, Santo Domingo(from FLL), Curacao etc etc, as spirit airlines doing right now

prhs1989 Jun 26, 2006 6:09 am

Originally Posted by 201flyer

PHX is a little different than TUS. PHX is a much larger city than TUS. Referring to western cities, the last I heard was that Reno was the next western city to receive Jetblue service. That was the hot rumor around here a few weeks ago.

Seat13c Jun 26, 2006 9:35 am

I agree that the midwest is lacking. I would gather that B6 has 2 options. Option one would be to pick up places like STL, MDW/ORD, MKE, MSP, MCI, HOU/IAH, and DFW, just to name a few. The other option would to be filling in the gaps withing the current structure. The service from IAD to the cities in Florida are minimal at best. They have yet to go IAD to MCO and TPA. BOS has no direct service to RDU, CLT, JAX, AUA, and SJU on the east coast and PDX, BUR, and SAN on the west coast. They really have two choice when it comes the short term. Option 1 or Option 2? I would go with Option 1 and connect BOS and IAD through JFK, then beef up everything else later.

prhs1989 Jun 26, 2006 12:41 pm

Originally Posted by Seat13c
I agree that the midwest is lacking. I would gather that B6 has 2 options. Option one would be to pick up places like STL, MDW/ORD, MKE, MSP, MCI, HOU/IAH, and DFW, just to name a few. The other option would to be filling in the gaps withing the current structure. The service from IAD to the cities in Florida are minimal at best. They have yet to go IAD to MCO and TPA. BOS has no direct service to RDU, CLT, JAX, AUA, and SJU on the east coast and PDX, BUR, and SAN on the west coast. They really have two choice when it comes the short term. Option 1 or Option 2? I would go with Option 1 and connect BOS and IAD through JFK, then beef up everything else later.

I wonder about Jetblue's future plans for their IAD operations. I don't know how much they plan on expanding IAD to the rest of the route structure. I could see IAD-MCO or IAD-JAX (I say JAX because I remember that Independence was sending multiple 319's a day down to JAX. That was probably one of their stronger destinations).

Don't forget that B6 signed on for 11 gates at BOS, so I don't see them routing all of their extra traffic through JFK. Personally, I see them expanding their current flights out of BOS because they have ample gates. (I.E. they have 1 flight to AUS and 2 flights to RIC. AUS is supposedly doing really well, so I see room for an extra flight or two.) Boston could grow to be a large operation because Delta seems to have forgotten about BOS, and the other majors have decent, but not large by any means, operations. (Save US) Finally, I also think that many of the 190's will work their way up to Boston. I think that it is the perfect plane for Boston, as they could use them for more flights to upstate NY, Puerto Rico, MSY, and FLA.

JetBlueFA Jun 26, 2006 3:55 pm

As we take more deliveries of the 190s, look for BOS to be dominated by 190s, there will be more 320 routes, of course, but the main future for BOS will be the 190s.

From what I have been hearing floating around the company, we aren't going to keep playing nice. We are going to start going after the smaller airlines that compete on routes (USA3000, Spirit)

As always that is a rumore and with this industry belive what you hear when you see it. As for the new destination rumores we've all been hearing St. Louis, St. Croix, and St. Thomas.

prhs1989 Jun 26, 2006 6:27 pm

Originally Posted by JetBlueFA
As we take more deliveries of the 190s, look for BOS to be dominated by 190s, there will be more 320 routes, of course, but the main future for BOS will be the 190s.

From what I have been hearing floating around the company, we aren't going to keep playing nice. We are going to start going after the smaller airlines that compete on routes (USA3000, Spirit)

As always that is a rumore and with this industry belive what you hear when you see it. As for the new destination rumores we've all been hearing St. Louis, St. Croix, and St. Thomas.

I have a question. How/Why do you attack USA3000? I think about EWR, where they seem to have their own little niche market. They seem to only fly a few days a week (mostly) as well. Do they want to raise their load factors from 96% to 98%? Spirit, on the other hand, could be an airline that Jetblue may want to dominate. They have so many valuable assets that if they pulled back at all, B6 could easily sweep in (I.E. Spirit's many gates at FLL, one or two gates at LGA).

St. Croix? I thought that the rumor was St. Louis, St. Thomas, and St. Marteen? Shows what I know.

jetBlueNYFL Jun 26, 2006 7:45 pm

I have a question. How/Why do you attack USA3000? I think about EWR, where they seem to have their own little niche market. They seem to only fly a few days a week (mostly) as well. Do they want to raise their load factors from 96% to 98%? Spirit, on the other hand, could be an airline that Jetblue may want to dominate. They have so many valuable assets that if they pulled back at all, B6 could easily sweep in (I.E. Spirit's many gates at FLL, one or two gates at LGA).

St. Croix? I thought that the rumor was St. Louis, St. Thomas, and St. Marteen? Shows what I know.

I agree with you on the USA3000 part - but they are mostly a charter airline and market share is simply market share - jetBlue is the most dominant player in NYC-FLL, flying over 50% of the people who fly that route. However, that doesn't mean they shouldn't try to increase their traffic an reputation further.

Tthe St. Croix/St. Marteen, St. Louis and St. Thomas rumor is a rumor ! I'm not saying it won't happen - it probably will - but it's still a rumor, so that's why it is still not clear. The actual rumor, I believe, was 3 cities that start with "St". There are also very hot SAV and SAT rumors.

From what I understand, Mr. Neeleman said that more than 10 cities will be announced by 2006 - obviously they passed that number already. However, with jetBlue winning CUN rights; expect that to be one of the next "officially announced" cities. Keep in mind AUA, BNA, PIT, CLT and RDU still didn't launch!

My prediction is that 2 more cities will be announced: STL and SXM. MSP would be awesome...and while there is a market at SAV, it probably might not come until very late 07, early 06...to see if any SAV people go down to JAX first.