Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

Song (Delta LCC) routes similar to JetBlue...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 27, 2003, 7:35 am
Original Poster

I was checking out the Delta forum today when I came across this link:

http://www.flysong.com/home/new_cities.jsp

It shows routes that Song will begin flying between April & June. Its interesting to note the following routes shared with JetBlue:

JFK-PBI
JFK-MCO
JFK-TPA

That's 3 out of 4 total flights for Song out of JFK. The other 2 routes listed on the above website operate out of BOS, and we know JetBlue hasn't gone there yet.

Just thought it was interesting. Comments welcome!

-Chris
Old Mar 27, 2003, 11:51 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Competition is very healthy. I'm eager to see what Song is all about. But Song seems limited to Florida as a destination. Any place else?
Old Mar 27, 2003, 4:10 pm

I hope jetblue rocks song's world...
Old Mar 28, 2003, 8:23 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by chrislacey:
I was checking out the Delta forum today when I came across this link:

http://www.flysong.com/home/new_cities.jsp

It shows routes that Song will begin flying between April & June. Its interesting to note the following routes shared with JetBlue:

JFK-PBI
JFK-MCO
JFK-TPA

That's 3 out of 4 total flights for Song out of JFK. The other 2 routes listed on the above website operate out of BOS, and we know JetBlue hasn't gone there yet.

Just thought it was interesting. Comments welcome!

-Chris
</font>
i would say that JetBlue is save...Song doesn't have a song or a prayer...
Old Mar 28, 2003, 11:55 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Analise:
Competition is very healthy. I'm eager to see what Song is all about. But Song seems limited to Florida as a destination. Any place else?</font>
JFK-ATL was recently announced.
Old Mar 28, 2003, 12:37 pm

Ok, that's good. Of course, flying to ATL from NYC has always been inexpensive thanks to AirTran. I want to see JetBlue or Song fly to DFW, IAH, and CVG.
Old Mar 29, 2003, 1:39 pm

It still begs the question: If B6's business model (and associated profitability) are worthy of imitation by Song, then why not by Delta, et al?

(Largely a rhetorical question, since I understand they can't change everything overnight - but it makes ya wonder, if it's done well, if Song will eventually take over Delta.)
Old Mar 31, 2003, 7:25 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

Quote: "It still begs the question: If B6's business model (and associated profitability) are worthy of imitation by Song, then why not by Delta, et al?"

JetBlue appears to have great management. Delta does not. Therein, lies the basic difference. DL management-- focusing on huge bonuses , to themselves, seeking government bailout funds, modification of pensions to provide golden parachutes to mgmt. B6 management--appear to be focusing on Customer Service. Delta is driving away customers every day http://saveskymiles.com/. B6 is winning new customers every day. It is hard to believe that anyone would choose Song over B6 from JFK to Florida. JetBlue is customer-service-oriented. DL is management-bonus-oriented.

Old Apr 3, 2003, 2:37 pm

Song's fares are almost twice the cost of JetBlue. I did a sample fare from JFK to PBI on April 15.. Song, by the way, only gives you the choice of a morning flight and an evening flight. Anyway, Song's fare was $385. JetBlue was $200.

Song needs to do better than that to compete.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.