FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   JetBlue | TrueBlue (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/jetblue-trueblue-492/)
-   -   Flame-Free Q&A Thread on JetBlue : Ask your newbie questions here! (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/jetblue-trueblue/2087223-flame-free-q-thread-jetblue-ask-your-newbie-questions-here.html)

sowhatwegetdrunk Apr 28, 2024 12:15 pm

Booked DOH-JFK using Jetblue miles on Qatar airways business class. Need to get to LAS but Jetblue never shows DOH-LAS when searched together. So booked DOH-JFK to grab seats on QR when they became available using Jetblue miles.

Now, planning to book JFK-LAS using Jetblue miles. Can the reservations be linked by Jetblue or by Qatar so I don't pay baggage fees on the JFK-LAS leg? Can QR through check it? I will have 4 bags (2 pax) so it will be about $170 savings if I can do something in advance to avoid that. I dont have any Jetblue status or credit card. Thanks!

skydelt Apr 28, 2024 12:51 pm

Originally Posted by GW McLintock (Post 36180518)
While that's a really awful situation, you should not have booked your own ground transportation until they told you (preferably in writing) that they would reimburse you for it and that they would not book anything for you themselves.

I get the rationale here, but I'm very sympathetic to the book now/fight for reimbursement later process. In somewhere like Albany where there's a tiny B6 presence, plus the terrible non-Mosaic phone support, I can't imagine they were going to get much of anything in writing let alone quick action to get them to NYC

skydelt Apr 28, 2024 12:53 pm

Originally Posted by sowhatwegetdrunk (Post 36194780)
Booked DOH-JFK using Jetblue miles on Qatar airways business class. Need to get to LAS but Jetblue never shows DOH-LAS when searched together. So booked DOH-JFK to grab seats on QR when they became available using Jetblue miles.

Now, planning to book JFK-LAS using Jetblue miles. Can the reservations be linked by Jetblue or by Qatar so I don't pay baggage fees on the JFK-LAS leg? Can QR through check it? I will have 4 bags (2 pax) so it will be about $170 savings if I can do something in advance to avoid that. I dont have any Jetblue status or credit card. Thanks!

I don't think they can be linked unfortunately given they're really only codeshare partners. Plus, you'll clear customs/get your bag in T5, and I can't imagine Qatar has a recheck there when they're out of T8.

GW McLintock Apr 28, 2024 2:18 pm

Originally Posted by skydelt (Post 36194842)
I get the rationale here, but I'm very sympathetic to the book now/fight for reimbursement later process. In somewhere like Albany where there's a tiny B6 presence, plus the terrible non-Mosaic phone support, I can't imagine they were going to get much of anything in writing let alone quick action to get them to NYC

You're absolutely right. And that's why anytime you fly JetBlue you take this risk. Because they technically owe you nothing the moment you walk away and do something on your own. So the moral of this story is to take an airline with a lower chance of IROPS, especially if you refuse to wait around for many hours for JetBlue to make a decision. Like I said, I completely agree with you, but that's just not how it works with JetBlue.

-J.

crisdean Apr 29, 2024 10:12 am

Hi all. Apologies I didn't read much on here. We need to fly to Orlando from Heathrow end of December (yikes I know but we had no other choice). I want to know if the points listed from Jetblue such as for Blue Extra are for the total numbers of travellers I selected.

So for one flight for 2 people from LHR to MCO it mentioned 51100 points. Is this for 2 travellers or is this 51100 for 1 traveller only, meaning I need to multiple by 2? My feeling is it's the latter but just to confirm as I got a reply from Jetblue that the points are for total but the price per traveller. Which confused the hell out of me.

Sorry for the probably dumb question, but appreciate a flame free response.

GW McLintock Apr 29, 2024 10:18 am

Originally Posted by crisdean (Post 36197065)
Hi all. Apologies I didn't read much on here. We need to fly to Orlando from Heathrow end of December (yikes I know but we had no other choice). I want to know if the points listed from Jetblue such as for Blue Extra are for the total numbers of travellers I selected.

So for one flight for 2 people from LHR to MCO it mentioned 51100 points. Is this for 2 travellers or is this 51100 for 1 traveller only, meaning I need to multiple by 2? My feeling is it's the latter but just to confirm as I got a reply from Jetblue that the points are for total but the price per traveller. Which confused the hell out of me.

Sorry for the probably dumb question, but appreciate a flame free response.

If you click through as if you're buying the ticket, it will tell you the total number of points for the ticket on the summary page.

When looking on the flight selection pages, the prices shown are per customer.

-J.

crisdean Apr 29, 2024 10:21 am

Originally Posted by GW McLintock (Post 36197084)
If you click through as if you're buying the ticket, it will tell you the total number of points for the ticket on the summary page.

When looking on the flight selection pages, the prices shown are per customer.

-J.

Well that's what I've tried. But as soon as I do so it complains that I need at least 500 points in the bank. Then the page reloads and I end up with the GBP selection again. If I log out and try that, which I also attempted it asks me to log in to get the points. I'm not a JetBlue flyer so don't have any points in their bank. Hence it's not clear to me what the total cost would be. And I don't want to transfer Amex points not knowing exactly what I'd be getting.

GW McLintock Apr 29, 2024 10:27 am

Originally Posted by crisdean (Post 36197094)
Well that's what I've tried. But as soon as I do so it complains that I need at least 500 points in the bank. Then the page reloads and I end up with the GBP selection again. If I log out and try that, which I also attempted it asks me to log in to get the points. I'm not a JetBlue flyer so don't have any points in their bank. Hence it's not clear to me what the total cost would be. And I don't want to transfer Amex points not knowing exactly what I'd be getting.

As I mentioned, the price (points required) shown on the flight selection page is per passenger. If you are a party of two, you'd need to double it.

-J.

crisdean Apr 29, 2024 10:29 am

Originally Posted by GW McLintock (Post 36197120)
As I mentioned, the price (points required) shown on the flight selection page is per passenger. If you are a party of two, you'd need to double it.

-J.

aaah. Ok thank you. The penny finally made it!

babiemindy Apr 29, 2024 2:35 pm

B6 34 CDG-BOS cancelled 29APR24

My friend had a flight CDG-BOS-TPA and the outbound flight was cancelled from CDG. It was scheduled for 11:15 today but now it looks like it will be 15:15 tomorrow 30APR24. How do we find out the reason for the cancellation and if they will be eligible for EU261 compensation? TIA

(They showed up at the airport and then was notified of the cancellation, B6 put them up in a hotel nearby and provided lunch, dinner and tomorrow’s breakfast - any suggestions on getting from CDG-TPA will be appreciated.)

* edited, their final destination is TPA and not MIA

truncated Apr 29, 2024 2:52 pm

Originally Posted by babiemindy (Post 36197712)
My friend had a flight CDG-BOS-MIA and the outbound flight was cancelled from CDG. It was scheduled for 11:15 today but now it looks like it will be 15:15 tomorrow 30APR24. How do we find out the reason for the cancellation and if they will be eligible for EU261 compensation? TIA

(They showed up at the airport and then was notified of the cancellation, B6 put them up in a hotel nearby and provided lunch, dinner and tomorrow’s breakfast - any suggestions on getting from CDG-MIA will be appreciated.)

The Flight Status comments on ExpertFlyer say it's maintenance so it should be eligible, but will let someone else weigh in on how hard it is to get B6 to pay out:
Code:

CDG 1115A 2 GATE
BOS C GATE 102P
5CDG/A/N2151J EQP 3NS *2040*HDQT0P
6CDG/DX FLT CANCELLED X40 MAINTENANCE *0354
3CDG/ETD1945 DLU01/360 UNKNOWN DELAY S16/ LATE ARR *0354
1BOS/LX X40 MAINTENANCE *0354*HDQT0P
2BOS/ETA1902 EON-1855 *0354

Also looks like the rescue flight (B6 8034 tomorrow) will be on a 16J A321neo, so hopefully Mint isn't oversold / they like cold food if they're in Y

Le_Champion May 9, 2024 12:20 am

First time JetBlue flyer from Australia. We have a flight in a couple weeks (Sunday of memorial weekend) from JFK to LAS leaving at 7:30am.

How early do you suggest getting to the airport? We have EMS seats booked.

GW McLintock May 9, 2024 8:40 am

Originally Posted by Le_Champion (Post 36221042)
First time JetBlue flyer from Australia. We have a flight in a couple weeks (Sunday of memorial weekend) from JFK to LAS leaving at 7:30am.

How early do you suggest getting to the airport? We have EMS seats booked.

If you're not checking luggage and don't have PreCheck, I would suggest showing up 75-90 minutes before departure. The early morning line moves quickly but can be very long. With PreCheck, plan for 60-65 minutes before departure.

If you're checking a bag... I really couldn't tell you :eek: I would say two hours minimum. I haven't checked a bag out of JFK T5 in years.

-J.

Le_Champion May 10, 2024 4:10 pm

Originally Posted by GW McLintock (Post 36221773)
If you're not checking luggage and don't have PreCheck, I would suggest showing up 75-90 minutes before departure. The early morning line moves quickly but can be very long. With PreCheck, plan for 60-65 minutes before departure.

If you're checking a bag... I really couldn't tell you :eek: I would say two hours minimum. I haven't checked a bag out of JFK T5 in years.

-J.

Cheers we have no precheck but have the priority security thru EMS seat. And yes two checked bags. Will aim to get there 2hrs before

GW McLintock May 11, 2024 8:27 am

Originally Posted by Le_Champion (Post 36225206)
Cheers we have no precheck but have the priority security thru EMS seat. And yes two checked bags. Will aim to get there 2hrs before

Probably a good plan. I haven't used the priority line in years so don't know how quickly/slowly it will go.

-J.