FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   JetBlue | TrueBlue (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/jetblue-trueblue-492/)
-   -   Is anybody tracking the A320 fleet refurb? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/jetblue-trueblue/1942105-anybody-tracking-a320-fleet-refurb.html)

jmr50 Nov 24, 2018 7:22 pm

Is anybody tracking the A320 fleet refurb?

I did a few searches but can't seem to find anybody doing A320 fleet refurb tracking? Am I missing something or does somebody need to step up on this?

Out of my Element Nov 25, 2018 4:10 pm

Yes, someone should. Did you just volunteer?

diburning Nov 25, 2018 9:04 pm

There was a brief discussion about it on the Cabin Restyling thread. I've also been tracking it in the wiki on the fleet guide thread which is now buried. I have now added a section to the bottom of the wiki for a cabin refresh tracker by tail number.
Only three have been done so far, and the rest are on hold right now because they're testing the Phase 2 Rockwell Collins interior. A brand new plane, an A321, N999JQ was sent to LCQ for a test fitting last week. Eventually, A321s will be delivered with the Phase 2 interior, and all A320 refreshes will get the Phase 2 interior instead of the current Phase 1/A321 interior.

The ones with the cabin refresh are the following:

N568JB
N570JB
N646JB

bmg42000 Nov 26, 2018 4:14 am

My assumption then would be to wait until 2020 before I would have a reasonable chance of getting the refurbished A320's . This refurbish seems to be taking forever .

amejr999 Nov 26, 2018 6:15 am

N556JB has been refreshed too, I believe.

tphuang Nov 26, 2018 9:16 am

there is a thread on this on airliners forum.
I see the following on that thread
646JB
568JB
570JB
556JB
571JB
621JB
579JB

diburning Nov 27, 2018 4:04 am

Hmm, my list must be outdated then. Let me verify the airliners list and update the fleet info thread accordingly. Also, this means that they're continuing the Phase 1 refreshes while they're tinkering with Phase 2.

All but N571JB on that list I can confirm to have been refreshed. N571JB appears to have gone to LCQ where the refreshes are being performed (returned 9/28), but I can't confirm if it returned with the new interior as the seat maps still show 25 rows on the flights that N571JB is scheduled.

There are currently three A320s sent out for cabin refresh.
One was sent 11/15
Another was sent 11/16
N506JB was sent 11/23

On today, 11/27, two aircraft are scheduled to be sent to LCQ, one from JFK as flight 6413, and one from BOS as flight 6419. I haven't been able to find out which ones yet.

So, there will be five at LCQ if all goes according to plan. I don't have the tail numbers for the two sent a couple weeks ago, and the two being sent today haven't filed the tail numbers in their flight plans yet.

Brigri Nov 27, 2018 6:31 am

Are there certain routes that the newly refreshed planes are flying?

RWPrincess Nov 27, 2018 8:30 am

I don't care about refreshes but I honestly need them to just maintain the existing A320 interiors until this is figured out. I've been told repeatedly now by different people in the know that they're purposely not fixing the existing planes on account of all the refresh talk. It's taking away from the overall JetBlue Experience when those of us who fly often consistently get equipment with non-functional FlyFi, SiriusXM and/or DirectTV. I was also just on an A320 where the ceiling panel in front of me was dangling. Come on. Maintenance had to come fix it before we could push back.

I won't even touch the E190 issues.

diburning Nov 28, 2018 2:06 am

Originally Posted by Brigri (Post 30471272)
Are there certain routes that the newly refreshed planes are flying?

No, they wander the system like any typical A320.

diburning Nov 28, 2018 2:09 am

Originally Posted by diburning (Post 30470951)
On today, 11/27, two aircraft are scheduled to be sent to LCQ, one from JFK as flight 6413, and one from BOS as flight 6419. I haven't been able to find out which ones yet.

The one from JFK was N587JB. The one from Boston was cancelled probably because they needed the aircraft for a swap, but they might still be sending LCQ something today, maybe around noon since the flight plan was amended, but not cancelled.

Originally Posted by diburning (Post 30470951)
N571JB appears to have gone to LCQ where the refreshes are being performed (returned 9/28), but I can't confirm if it returned with the new interior as the seat maps still show 25 rows on the flights that N571JB is scheduled.

N571JB was swapped out of schedule multiple times yesterday due to IRROPS. It was swapped out of a PBI flight last night as well, but it has been finally reassigned to a schedule that has so far stuck. I can now confirm that N571JB has been refreshed.

N510JB was sent to Mobile, AL (BFM). They don't do cabin mods there, but JetBlue has a paint shop contractor there.

tphuang Nov 28, 2018 7:26 am

Originally Posted by RWPrincess (Post 30471716)
I don't care about refreshes but I honestly need them to just maintain the existing A320 interiors until this is figured out. I've been told repeatedly now by different people in the know that they're purposely not fixing the existing planes on account of all the refresh talk. It's taking away from the overall JetBlue Experience when those of us who fly often consistently get equipment with non-functional FlyFi, SiriusXM and/or DirectTV. I was also just on an A320 where the ceiling panel in front of me was dangling. Come on. Maintenance had to come fix it before we could push back.

I won't even touch the E190 issues.

unfortunately, the E90s probably won't get much work done. They are just waiting for A220 at this point. I'm glad at least they will be fast tracking the A320 reconfigs next year with 60 estimated to be done.

diburning Nov 28, 2018 1:40 pm

N632JB was sent to LCQ today.

jmr50 Nov 29, 2018 10:29 am

I added a Wikipost with a list of what we seem to know right now about the fleet refurb. If a mod wants to change the post title to something like "A320 Fleet Refurbishment Tracking" we can use this one.

diburning Nov 30, 2018 4:28 am

SAL is a heavy maintenance check facility, no cabin work is done there.

EDIT: This is no longer the case