Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Boarding of A321 aircraft

Search this Thread

Old May 6, 2018, 5:40 am
Original Poster

Boarding of A321 aircraft

This is more of an aircraft related topic than an airline related topic, but the A321 aircraft take a real long time to deplane and reboard. Especially now with the new luggage situation. Have the airlines considered better methods of boarding the plane than relying on a single door? About ten years ago, Jetblue often allowed passengers to board from the rear of the aircraft. I'm guessing that stopped because of security concerns with passengers on the tarmac. An expired thread on this forum indicates the aircraft can be boarded through the 2L door, however, the jetway would come very close to hitting the engine. Would an automated jetway make this more practical? Do any other methods exist?
Old May 6, 2018, 7:07 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Boarding through 2L isn't going to happen. Indeed, Airbus is removing 2L in the layout for the newer A321neo design. That shift is known as "Airbus Cabin Flex" and is optional today. It will be standard in a couple years.
Old May 6, 2018, 9:19 pm

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
2L on JetBlue's A321s do not have enough room between the bulkhead and the seats to board/deboard. The door is too close to the engine to safely put the jetbridge there, although it can be done (carefully).

Last edited by diburning; May 6, 2018 at 9:26 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.