Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

Rumor: Jetblue at LGA moving to Marine Air Terminal

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Rumor: Jetblue at LGA moving to Marine Air Terminal

Search this Thread

Old Oct 16, 2017, 1:24 pm

I think this solves the Uber problem, which would be a big deal to me! I've been flying into JFK just because of that, or flying another airline.
Old Oct 17, 2017, 12:56 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic, Hilton Silver
I thought B6 recently renovated the gate areas at LGA in Concourse A? Last time I was there everything was brand new with power outlets and more gate seating. I've also never had an issue with PreCheck in Terminal B or the Uber shuttle lot. Always has been quick for me.

I haven't been to the MAT in years but if it's as good as it sounds, I'm open to it. I come from the East so the Manhattan access doesn't matter to me but I believe it's a separate exit off the GCP which could be helpful. I also like having access to easy parking if I decide to drive.

I also would love LGA-DCA or LGA-ORD.
Old Oct 20, 2017, 12:33 pm

Programs: DL PM; UA 1K; AA 1MM
Press release.

http://www.businesswire.com/news/hom...tBlue-New-York
Old Oct 21, 2017, 3:28 pm

Truly sad because I drag flying out of the Marine Air Terminal. I just checked LGA's website and Yankee Clipper is the only "restaurant" there. Well it is more like a staff cafeteria. There are still no shops but I think Hudson News possibly has set up some temporary shops there. I also think there might be a coffee place there now.

They need to spend $$$ in renovating and need at least two or three fast food/coffee chains to set up shops there ASAP! Or maybe JetBlue and Alaska need to stock more snack boxes on those LGA flights.

But at least if you take car services, it will be a shorter ride avoiding the traffic jam over at Terminal B/C/D.

I just hope that the TSA Pre lane is still there when JetBlue and Alaska start services there.

Carfield
Old Oct 21, 2017, 4:39 pm

From the sound of it, there should be a lot more happening at MAT once B6 is done with their renovation. They now have much greater control of the experience on their LGA operation. Just look at how terminal 5 turned out. I know given the space limitations, they can't do as much as in JFK, but it will be much nicer than how it looks now. And B6 is getting paid to move there and renovate. They got a great deal here.

Now they have the best terminal in LGA for quick in and quick out.
Old Oct 22, 2017, 9:07 pm

Programs: Bolt Bus Rewards
I wonder just how much money they are willing to spend on a temporary move. The rumor has it that they will be moving back to the main terminal once construction is completed.
Old Oct 23, 2017, 10:27 am

I wonder if JetBlue is going to continue offering free coffee to those flying out?
Old Oct 23, 2017, 3:18 pm

Very happy. I can start to fly into LGA again and get an Uber right from the terminal.
Old Oct 24, 2017, 2:28 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by AMflier
I wonder just how much money they are willing to spend on a temporary move. The rumor has it that they will be moving back to the main terminal once construction is completed.
DL/AA/PANYNJ are paying for the move and MAT renovations, according to an internal B6 company memo I've seen. Also, AS is joining B6 in the MAT (SkyWest flights to DAL). The 6 gates may be "too many" but the total space will be challenging for the size of the B6 planes and the load factors they typically see versus the Shuttle market that has been served there in the past.

The swap happens December 9th.

n.b. The link above is to my blog or to one which I am a regular contributor. FT rules require that I disclose that in the post.
Old Oct 24, 2017, 7:49 am

Originally Posted by sbm12
Also, AS is joining B6 in the MAT (SkyWest flights to DAL).
<snip>
The swap happens December 9th
As we know, this is a former VX route. Yet another reminder that B6-VX tie up would have made much more sense...

As for the 2022 target date, I believe it when I see it. I guess the future of B6 location (whether to move out or stay at MAT) will also be unkown, even though they claim that B6 will “move back.”
Old Oct 24, 2017, 10:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I haven't been in the MAT in years, but historically it was always very easy-in-easy-out, and when it was basically just the DL shuttle (BOS/DCA) it was set up almost like an airline lounge/club.

I do wonder how the passenger numbers will compare given the DL schedules vs. B6/AS (where does AS fly to from LGA???), and certainly the type of passenger will be different and could have implications for ease of security. (i.e., families with luggage, vs. business travelers with just a briefcase).
Old Oct 24, 2017, 2:48 pm

Originally Posted by radiowell
As we know, this is a former VX route. Yet another reminder that B6-VX tie up would have made much more sense...

As for the 2022 target date, I believe it when I see it. I guess the future of B6 location (whether to move out or stay at MAT) will also be unkown, even though they claim that B6 will “move back.”
hmm, maybe AS will end up selling those slots to B6 once it realizes these $140 R/T from LGA to DAL and $210 R/T from LGA to LAX with one stop at DAL are huge money loosers.

I also doubt B6 will move out in 2022. Unless their future setup is better. They got great deal here with their own terminal that's doing 4 turns per gate per day. And full control of terminal experience. And they are not even paying for the move or the renovation.

Originally Posted by ijgordon
I haven't been in the MAT in years, but historically it was always very easy-in-easy-out, and when it was basically just the DL shuttle (BOS/DCA) it was set up almost like an airline lounge/club.

I do wonder how the passenger numbers will compare given the DL schedules vs. B6/AS (where does AS fly to from LGA???), and certainly the type of passenger will be different and could have implications for ease of security. (i.e., families with luggage, vs. business travelers with just a briefcase).
AS flies 4 daily E75 to DAL, so those shouldn't have that many passengers either.

B6 has the 6 daily E90s. Given that this is 4 flights daily and half of which are E75/90s, I really don't think crowding will be an issue. Even if a flight is delayed, the next one won't come until hours later, so I think with some work in MAT, space won't be a big issue.
Old Oct 24, 2017, 6:47 pm

Programs: AA EXP, B6 Mosaic, UA Plat, Bonvoy Plat, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Carfield
Truly sad because I drag flying out of the Marine Air Terminal. I just checked LGA's website and Yankee Clipper is the only "restaurant" there. Well it is more like a staff cafeteria. There are still no shops but I think Hudson News possibly has set up some temporary shops there. I also think there might be a coffee place there now.

They need to spend $$$ in renovating and need at least two or three fast food/coffee chains to set up shops there ASAP! Or maybe JetBlue and Alaska need to stock more snack boxes on those LGA flights.

But at least if you take car services, it will be a shorter ride avoiding the traffic jam over at Terminal B/C/D.

I just hope that the TSA Pre lane is still there when JetBlue and Alaska start services there.

Carfield
I don't understand this. If you time it right you should never need to spend more than 1/2 hour waiting for your flight at MAT, vs. much more time at the old terminal. With less time to kill, restaurants and shops shouldn't matter much. I would take the time over a choice of bad food any day.
Old Oct 25, 2017, 5:57 am

Originally Posted by MikeBOS
I don't understand this. If you time it right you should never need to spend more than 1/2 hour waiting for your flight at MAT, vs. much more time at the old terminal. With less time to kill, restaurants and shops shouldn't matter much. I would take the time over a choice of bad food any day.
Honestly what you describe is a very ideal situation. I am not the type that cut it close. Plus New York's traffic is so unpredictable. If there is like an express train from Grand Central to LGA, that it will be another story. Fundamentally it is hard to avoid spending less than 60 minutes there. Well we just have to agree to disagree. I want to have good food options and a lounge to wait. LGA also has many delay problems so you can't just time it right each time. I still think it is not an ideal move!

Carfield
Old Oct 25, 2017, 6:45 am

Originally Posted by Carfield
Yes Yankee Clipper is their in the historic terminal, Hudson closed their newsstand in the historic terminal which is all pre-security.

After security it is Cibo Marketplace with a newsstand while you walk up from security to the gates and in the middle of the gates there is Bar that serves premade sandwiches etc. There are also "free" magazines as you walk up to the gates in the center of the hallway, never stopped to see what they are.

Cibo has the DL contract for Terminals C & D and T5 for B6 at JFK not Hudson News, don't know if they will change or stay.

You actually never have to enter the historic MAT, you can enter by baggage claim walk right to security and then the gates which are all housed in metal type almost temporary structure for a better word.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.