FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   JetBlue | TrueBlue (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/jetblue-trueblue-492/)
-   -   Crediting points to Singapore, failed. (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/jetblue-trueblue/1736162-crediting-points-singapore-failed.html)

TheSkyGuy Jan 3, 2016 1:47 pm

Crediting points to Singapore, failed.

Hi all -- not a frequent JB flyer here by any means but sub $600 JFK - LAX in mint is too hard to pass up! ^

I attached my Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer # to my JetBlue reservation but my miles still credited to my JetBlue TrueBlue account. :td:

Should I contact them? May seem silly but my use for TrueBlue points is practically zero.

clr4t8koff Jan 23, 2016 12:59 pm

Originally Posted by DylanOakes (Post 25955072)
Hi all -- not a frequent JB flyer here by any means but sub $600 JFK - LAX in mint is too hard to pass up! ^

I attached my Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer # to my JetBlue reservation but my miles still credited to my JetBlue TrueBlue account. :td:

Should I contact them? May seem silly but my use for TrueBlue points is practically zero.

Wow, at least you got awarded something, though I don't understand how they posted to your TrueBlue account when your SQ FF# was there.

I flew r/t BOS-DTW-BOS for Christmas and also put in my SQ FF# instead of the TrueBlue #. Still nothing, and now B6 is telling me that it takes up to 30-days and if still nothing that I have to call SQ and have them request the mileage. Seems very archaic and antiquated. Why can't it just be automated like any other partnership?

FormerAmtrakTraveler May 28, 2016 3:00 pm

same problem - any resolution?

Flew one of the first mint flights SFO=>BOS in Mar and had my SQ number on record but nothing has posted. Any idea best way to chase this? Contact Jetblue or SQ? My experience contacting SQ on anything remotely non-standard (even on paid business) is bad.

clr4t8koff May 28, 2016 4:50 pm

Originally Posted by FormerAmtrakTraveler (Post 26695062)
Flew one of the first mint flights SFO=>BOS in Mar and had my SQ number on record but nothing has posted. Any idea best way to chase this? Contact Jetblue or SQ? My experience contacting SQ on anything remotely non-standard (even on paid business) is bad.

Good luck with B6 also. They told me I had to call SQ and tell them to "request" the miles from B6. Needless to say that went nowhere when I tried. I only flew BOS-DTW-BOS which wasn't going to amount to more than ~1,300 miles so I didn't chase it. Would love to hear if others have been successful and what they did to get the miles to post to their KrisFlyer accounts.

FormerAmtrakTraveler May 28, 2016 6:37 pm

Originally Posted by clr4t8koff (Post 26695364)
Good luck with B6 also. They told me I had to call SQ and tell them to "request" the miles from B6. Needless to say that went nowhere when I tried. I only flew BOS-DTW-BOS which wasn't going to amount to more than ~1,300 miles so I didn't chase it. Would love to hear if others have been successful and what they did to get the miles to post to their KrisFlyer accounts.

Thanks for the follow-up. I'll start w/ B6 and see where it leads. Worst case I hope they can just credit it back to TrueBlue.

They clearly advertise the credit to KrisFlyer works... if there are enough of us getting runaround we should try to get FTC to slap both of them.

clr4t8koff May 28, 2016 9:02 pm

Originally Posted by FormerAmtrakTraveler (Post 26695565)
Thanks for the follow-up. I'll start w/ B6 and see where it leads. Worst case I hope they can just credit it back to TrueBlue.

They clearly advertise the credit to KrisFlyer works... if there are enough of us getting runaround we should try to get FTC to slap both of them.

BTW - how were the loads in Mint on your SFO-BOS flight? Really hoping Mint proves successful in BOS and we see expansion to all the SFO & LAX flights.

itihm May 29, 2016 3:20 am

Gee, the same thing happened to me.
Just flew LGA-MCO/MCO-JFK recently with B6. Nothing posted so far.
Reached out to B6 and got this:

"Hello again,

In order to receive KrisFlyer Miles for your JetBlue flights, you'll need to contact Singapore
Airlines to make a retroactive request. They can be reached at 1-800-742-3333."

Absolute BS since I put my SQKF# into the booking. Appears on the itinerary as well.

Will request from SQ and see where that takes me.

clr4t8koff May 29, 2016 6:58 am

Originally Posted by itihm (Post 26696583)
Gee, the same thing happened to me.
Just flew LGA-MCO/MCO-JFK recently with B6. Nothing posted so far.
Reached out to B6 and got this:

"Hello again,

In order to receive KrisFlyer Miles for your JetBlue flights, you'll need to contact Singapore
Airlines to make a retroactive request. They can be reached at 1-800-742-3333."

Absolute BS since I put my SQKF# into the booking. Appears on the itinerary as well.

Will request from SQ and see where that takes me.

Please report back on how this goes. I've tried to do this with SQ and they have no clue what B6 is talking about. In fact I've never heard of any airline requiring their passenger reach out to a partner to request mileage. This should be something handled between the two carriers, not between customer and different carrier.

FormerAmtrakTraveler May 29, 2016 10:10 am

Originally Posted by clr4t8koff (Post 26696969)
Please report back on how this goes. I've tried to do this with SQ and they have no clue what B6 is talking about. In fact I've never heard of any airline requiring their passenger reach out to a partner to request mileage. This should be something handled between the two carriers, not between customer and different carrier.

I will. They both need to stop advertising this works if they have no idea how to make this work.

Originally Posted by clr4t8koff (Post 26696969)
BTW - how were the loads in Mint on your SFO-BOS flight? Really hoping Mint proves successful in BOS and we see expansion to all the SFO & LAX flights.

It was day 3 of the service. It was not totally full but I don't recall a ton of empty seats. I didn't see this on my flight but in a thread here on the inaugural flight they were trying sell upgrades at the gate. I think B6 has made a pretty big commitment to Mint out of Boston and will continue to expand it beyond SFO/LAX to Caribbean, Seattle, etc... I will definitely be a customer though they need to work out this problem w/ the points.

FormerAmtrakTraveler May 30, 2016 9:40 am

After a couple of back-and-forths, B6 sent me to this:

https://www.singaporeair.com/saar5/p...eage_Claim.pdf

It says to make sure I have waited 6-8 weeks after flight before filing this... I'm in the 8th week so I'm going to wait another week or so then fill out the form... which it says will take another 8+++ weeks to process.

What a PITA.

clr4t8koff May 30, 2016 11:14 am

Originally Posted by FormerAmtrakTraveler (Post 26701285)
After a couple of back-and-forths, B6 sent me to this:

https://www.singaporeair.com/saar5/p...eage_Claim.pdf

It says to make sure I have waited 6-8 weeks after flight before filing this... I'm in the 8th week so I'm going to wait another week or so then fill out the form... which it says will take another 8+++ weeks to process.

What a PITA.

Thanks for sharing that link. My flights were over Christmas so I've been waiting 5-months now. I'll see if I can get anywhere by filing the retroactive mileage claim and will post an update if I get anywhere. Let us know how you make out.

RWPrincess May 30, 2016 9:22 pm

Sounds to me like B6 is just covering for the fact that they don't have an automated transfer set up with Singapore. I hope you all get your points.

jope_taco Jun 3, 2016 7:07 am

Why would people reach out to B6, if they're looking to have their miles credited to SQ? Aren't missing mileage requests always submitted to the FF program (here: SQ KF), rather than the service provider (B6)?

In any event, I submitted the retroactive mileage claim form to SQ for a recent B6 flight, including scans of boarding pass and booking confirmation. The request was denied within roughly a week of submitting the claim: "your ticketed name was not found on the flight". There are no apparent name glitches in this case, unless their request to B6 was submitted with typos. SQ KF is encouraging me to re-submit my claim with additional or correct information, but there's nothing to add here. Anyone run into this issue?

clr4t8koff Jun 4, 2016 5:17 am

Originally Posted by jope_taco (Post 26722213)
Why would people reach out to B6, if they're looking to have their miles credited to SQ? Aren't missing mileage requests always submitted to the FF program (here: SQ KF), rather than the service provider (B6)?

In any event, I submitted the retroactive mileage claim form to SQ for a recent B6 flight, including scans of boarding pass and booking confirmation. The request was denied within roughly a week of submitting the claim: "your ticketed name was not found on the flight". There are no apparent name glitches in this case, unless their request to B6 was submitted with typos. SQ KF is encouraging me to re-submit my claim with additional or correct information, but there's nothing to add here. Anyone run into this issue?

If you buy a ticket through B6, fly on B6 planes, and use your SQ KF ff number, then B6 should handle facilitating the awarding of your points. Why should a customer have to chase SQ, especially when all SQ is going to do is deny your claim just like they did to you. This B6's responsibility as they've established a partnership agreement with SQ, not the consumers.

NRTBound2015 Jun 8, 2016 12:38 pm

Originally Posted by jope_taco (Post 26722213)

Exact same scenario with me. Had my SQ# on the reservation at the time of the flight. After 3 months without seeing the miles, I submitted retroactive mileage claim form, reservation, and boarding pass. SQ denied the claim with the same "name not found" language.

I have no info to add to the claim and the flights were short, so probably won't put more time into chasing this down, but wanted to add the data point.