Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

2014/5: JetBlue and credit cards (AMEX)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2014/5: JetBlue and credit cards (AMEX)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 2, 2016, 2:41 pm

I hope MR points transfer to JetBlue continues.
Old Feb 2, 2016, 3:20 pm

The new card sounds great. Do any insiders know when new customers can sign up? I cancelled my Amex some time ago.
Old Feb 2, 2016, 8:38 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic, Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by pchong8
Anyone else slightly disappointed there isn't a free checked bag offered for cardholders?
I don't check bags that often but I was surprised to see that wasn't an included benefit. Seems par for the course for the execs to not give customers what they want. I do think the lack of foreign transaction fees could be huge for those who go overseas often.

On another note, I had points post to my account today even though I cancelled my card a month ago. Thought that was odd.
Old Feb 3, 2016, 7:08 am

Programs: TrueBlue
The big surprise for me was the no-forex-fee bit. Now, if only JetBlue would fly to Europe, I could take advantage of that more often

This will definitely replace my JetBlue AmEx card as the card that gets all my "regular monthly bills". Some places I couldn't use AmEx, so this will mean more points for me.
Old Feb 3, 2016, 9:31 am
ymx

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, AA EXP, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hyatt Explorist
Given that Amex is transferring their JetBlue accounts to Barclays, if I were to cancel my Amex now, is it too late to stop Barclays from taking my card over? Would I have had to have done this weeks ago?

I ask because, like others, I would like whatever new signup bonus Barclays offers, but I don't want to effect my credit score by having a reduced CL if it's not possible to stop the account from transferring this late in the game.
Old Feb 3, 2016, 11:45 am

Programs: B6, Amtrak, DL, AA, Marriott, Hilton
Originally Posted by RWPrincess
I don't check bags that often but I was surprised to see that wasn't an included benefit. Seems par for the course for the execs to not give customers what they want. I do think the lack of foreign transaction fees could be huge for those who go overseas often.

On another note, I had points post to my account today even though I cancelled my card a month ago. Thought that was odd.
Same here...free checked bag was the one thing I was hoping for that didn't happen. I like that they did offer that on the business card...offer the perk where it'll get the least use?

The no foreign transactions is interesting. With the Amtrak conversion already happened, I've gone from one to soon all three of my regular cards having no foreign fees. One perk I guess I really didn't need. Interesting that they're dropping with so many cards.
Old Feb 3, 2016, 9:38 pm

Originally Posted by ymx
Given that Amex is transferring their JetBlue accounts to Barclays, if I were to cancel my Amex now, is it too late to stop Barclays from taking my card over? Would I have had to have done this weeks ago?

I ask because, like others, I would like whatever new signup bonus Barclays offers, but I don't want to effect my credit score by having a reduced CL if it's not possible to stop the account from transferring this late in the game.
Why would you want to cancel the card? There is a $100 companion discount certificate, you can get without a hard pull, if you get the Barclays MasterCard. And it is always possible to cancel the card after getting the $100 certificate and apply later to get the sign up bonus.
Old Feb 3, 2016, 10:17 pm

Originally Posted by mizzou1
Why would you want to cancel the card? There is a $100 companion discount certificate, you can get without a hard pull, if you get the Barclays MasterCard. And it is always possible to cancel the card after getting the $100 certificate and apply later to get the sign up bonus.
I feel like signup bonus will be more lucrative once the card becomes available.. $100 doesn't seem like a great signup bonus. Amex offered 20,000 points after spending 1k in the first three months before the card was not offered anymore.
Old Feb 4, 2016, 8:34 pm

Programs: SPG, AA, B6. No longer "still CO to me" with account spent down. RIP CO.
I never did get the e-mail that some of you received, but I got the packet in the mail today with the new card info. Personally excited because I've never had a Mastercard and they partner with NYY. Will be nice to do NYY presale without having to give cash to someone with a mastercard
Old Feb 5, 2016, 6:48 am

Programs: AA, LH FTL, BA, US, DL, UA, AF, Hilton, Priority Pass, Priority Club
Originally Posted by pchong8
Anyone else slightly disappointed there isn't a free checked bag offered for cardholders?
Yeah, you'd think they could offer that or early boarding...company has really changed
Old Feb 5, 2016, 12:32 pm

Programs: B6, Amtrak, DL, AA, Marriott, Hilton
Originally Posted by neo16287
Yeah, you'd think they could offer that or early boarding...company has really changed
No kidding. It's common with most of the legacy credit cards.

I'd buy up to a higher annual fee card if there were better benefits with it.
Old Feb 6, 2016, 10:28 am

Programs: AA, LH FTL, BA, US, DL, UA, AF, Hilton, Priority Pass, Priority Club
Originally Posted by octr202
No kidding. It's common with most of the legacy credit cards.

I'd buy up to a higher annual fee card if there were better benefits with it.
Same! I would pay extra for early access to the overheads or a checked bag...
Old Feb 6, 2016, 11:21 am

At least the busines card will have free checked bags up to 4 people.
Old Feb 6, 2016, 8:43 pm

Programs: AA, Hyatt, Marriott, Hilton
Why did amex costco cards get converted to bluecash and amex jetblue get nothing =(

*edit*

sorry might have misread slickdeals.net/f/8446377-american-express-costco-card-to-blue-cash-2500-first-3-months-get-300-back-0-for-15-months?
Old Feb 15, 2016, 8:40 am

Programs: JetBlue Mosaic, WN A List Preferred, Hyatt Globalest, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, IHG Spire
Description of Barclays Mailing

I've received 2 emails from Amex about the partnership ending. Those of you that got a USPS mailing from Barclays was it just a letter or actually the card?
People may be thinking about cancelling the Amex JetBlue card now depending on what Barclays rules are in regards to how they give out new cardmember bonuses. If your account is transferred to Barclays you may not be able to readily get a new cardmember bonus i.e. 20,000 points when they start offering the card to the public. Although you would miss out on the transfer bonus of the $100 companion discount.

My understanding based on reading materials is you could cancel with Amex and not have your account transferred if you do it by March 17th or 18th:
e

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.