FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   JetBlue | TrueBlue (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/jetblue-trueblue-492/)
-   -   B6 next new destination for 2012? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/jetblue-trueblue/1298205-b6-next-new-destination-2012-a.html)

N830MH Jan 3, 2012 9:02 pm

B6 next new destination for 2012?

Where B6 can do next new destination city for 2012? Any predication, where do you think they gonna next? Perhaps PHX-FLL, MCO, LGB, SEA, ANC, SFO, AUS, ORD, JAX, NAS, BUF, SYR, ROC.

Perhaps, can B6 will consider service to PHL, ALB, PVD, ISP, STL, MCI, MSP, SAT, ELP, LBB, DTW, FNT, MKE, GRB, DSM, OMA, GSO, GSP, CAE, CHS, SAV, EUG, BIL, BOI, GEG, TYS, TRI, CHA, MEM and RNO, too.

Let's the speculations begin.

Hockey Puck Jan 4, 2012 3:00 pm

Jet Blue - Charlotte to other locations ???

It would be nice if Jet Blue could go somewhere else other than Boston and JFk from Charlotte ... I know US Air controls most of the flights but something down to Orlando or Fort Lauderdale would be nice and maybe something to the left cost ( LAS or some where in CA )

krpjr Jan 4, 2012 11:24 pm

Originally Posted by Hockey Puck (Post 17748000)
It would be nice if Jet Blue could go somewhere else other than Boston and JFk from Charlotte ... I know US Air controls most of the flights but something down to Orlando or Fort Lauderdale would be nice and maybe something to the left cost ( LAS or some where in CA )

Something like that is too difficult for Jetblue to support...If you click on "where we fly" on their website and put in DCA-SXM it routes you via BOS or JFK. However, if you try to purchase a revenue ticket, the damn booking engine doesn't know how to route you DCA-BOS or IAD-BOS/JFK to catch the flight to SXM...so annoying. And yes, the dates I selected flights are available to SXM but just not from DCA...not a timing issue either as B6 has 6am flights to connect to BOS/JFK hubs.

Jetblue routing SUCKS, PERIOD! As a JFK/BOS flyer it works perfectly. I have no complaints when I'm home in BOS and need to use B6, anywhere else it is a nightmare.

N830MH Jan 5, 2012 12:38 am

Originally Posted by krpjr (Post 17750639)
Something like that is too difficult for Jetblue to support...If you click on "where we fly" on their website and put in DCA-SXM it routes you via BOS or JFK. However, if you try to purchase a revenue ticket, the damn booking engine doesn't know how to route you DCA-BOS or IAD-BOS/JFK to catch the flight to SXM...so annoying. And yes, the dates I selected flights are available to SXM but just not from DCA...not a timing issue either has B6 has 6am flights to connect to these hubs.

I don't think ever served DCA-SXM but, there is no customs in DCA. Does not have CBP in DCA at all. Only in IAD. Because it was perimeter rule within 1,200 miles. They cannot accepted flying more than 1,200 miles long.

rpk113 Jan 6, 2012 11:26 am

SAV is ripe for revenue

HPN/JFK/LGA to SAV or CHS is ripe for Hilton Head Island and those other historic cities..

JBLU421NYC Jan 8, 2012 5:22 pm

I think jetBlue would do well into SAV and CHS and would love to see that. I am still wondering what we are going to see come out of LGA and DCA. Since I am going to school on the west coast right now, I would love if jetBlue had stronger service at AUS so that I could possibly go SEA-AUS-FLL/MCO/PBI/TPA. Going through JFK or BOS is long, and I enjoy my flights better on B6 than on AA, DL and UA. Can't wait to hear the announcements when they come, and DFW, though surprising to me, is very nice for jetBlue out of BOS.

jaguar Jan 9, 2012 3:34 pm

I'd love to see them start flying to LGW.

N830MH Jan 9, 2012 5:26 pm

Originally Posted by jaguar (Post 17781155)
I'd love to see them start flying to LGW.

Not for a while unless when A320neo is delivery to B6. A320neo isn't ready to delivery sometime in year of 2015 or 2016.

hotturnip Jan 10, 2012 8:51 pm

Time is ripe for a return to Atlanta. They could pick up a lot of Airtran customers who do not want to go with Southwest (like me).

haddon90 Jan 11, 2012 11:36 am

Originally Posted by N830MH (Post 17750870)
I don't think ever served DCA-SXM but, there is no customs in DCA. Does not have CBP in DCA at all. Only in IAD. Because it was perimeter rule within 1,200 miles. They cannot accepted flying more than 1,200 miles long.

DCA has international flights, but only to airports with pre-clearance, such as YYZ, NAS, and BDA.

but since SXM is outside the perimeter, you will not see DCA-SXM flights.

N830MH Jan 11, 2012 1:05 pm

Originally Posted by haddon90 (Post 17793611)
DCA has international flights, but only to airports with pre-clearance, such as YYZ, NAS, and BDA.

but since SXM is outside the perimeter, you will not see DCA-SXM flights.

And also, FPO, AUA, YUL, YOW, YYC, YHZ has pre-clearance, too.

Antepali Jan 12, 2012 6:41 am

Would love to see JFK-SJD or JFK-PVR-- even as seasonal!

haddon90 Jan 12, 2012 3:16 pm

Originally Posted by N830MH (Post 17794335)
And also, FPO, AUA, YUL, YOW, YYC, YHZ has pre-clearance, too.

i was going off of flights to/from DCA...i don't think there is DCA-AUA service, is there?

N830MH Jan 13, 2012 12:20 am

Originally Posted by haddon90 (Post 17802478)
i was going off of flights to/from DCA...i don't think there is DCA-AUA service, is there?

No, only IAD, JFK, BOS, FLL. MCO, MIA, ATL, ORD.

thomwithanh Jan 17, 2012 12:35 pm

I've heard rumors they may start flying the E-190's to Hyannis, Cape Cod as a seasonal service.

JFK-HYA, not a bad deal considering my family is from there.

N830MH Jan 17, 2012 3:40 pm

Originally Posted by thomwithanh (Post 17831246)
I've heard rumors they may start flying the E-190's to Hyannis, Cape Cod as a seasonal service.

JFK-HYA, not a bad deal considering my family is from there.

Is that short flight? It was 196 miles. I wasn't sure if there is on weight restricted.

volvo99 Jan 19, 2012 11:32 am

Enter PHL...

The time is ripe for US to enter the PHL market...

*B6 has enough brand recognition along the east coast to draw traffic.
*Better yield opportunities than what Spirit is achieving out of Atlantic City.
*Virgin has already announced PHL-west coast service, and JetBlue seems to match rather quickly historically.
*The Southwest drawdown means a robust LCC presence is lacking.

rtalk25 Jan 23, 2012 6:59 pm

I noticed that US Airways' fares on PHL-BOS and PHL-MHT have risen.

After the Southwest announcement to end PIT and BOS area services, US increased PHL-PIT and PHL-PVD to over $249 one way on PVD and more on PIT, but the PHL-BOS and PHL-MHT routes were increased to just $101 one way.

Now, BOS is $249 one way.

One can find a better deal on EWR-BOS as JetBlue competes now, but reaching EWR from PHL for a short flight still seems a hassle. Some might just take the train all the way to BOS.

It really makes NK's ACY-BOS a deal, however NK is keeping it seasonal and ending it right after Labor Day.

Seat13c Jan 24, 2012 11:50 am

Originally Posted by rtalk25 (Post 17874034)
I noticed that US Airways' fares on PHL-BOS and PHL-MHT have risen.

After the Southwest announcement to end PIT and BOS area services, US increased PHL-PIT and PHL-PVD to over $249 one way on PVD and more on PIT, but the PHL-BOS and PHL-MHT routes were increased to just $101 one way.

Now, BOS is $249 one way.

One can find a better deal on EWR-BOS as JetBlue competes now, but reaching EWR from PHL for a short flight still seems a hassle. Some might just take the train all the way to BOS.

It really makes NK's ACY-BOS a deal, however NK is keeping it seasonal and ending it right after Labor Day.

WN dumped the PHL-MHT and PHL-PIT routes because the loads sucked and were unprofitable. Thant being the case, why would B6 want it?

Dieuwer Jan 24, 2012 1:51 pm

Originally Posted by Seat13c (Post 17878421)
WN dumped the PHL-MHT and PHL-PIT routes because the loads sucked and were unprofitable. Thant being the case, why would B6 want it?

The question is: why did the loads suck?
Is it because of the WN hard product, schedule, US FF? Maybe B6 could do better with their superior IFE.

JBLU421NYC Jan 24, 2012 3:12 pm

I think PHL-BOS would be interesting maybe we could potentially see PHL-BOS/FLL/MCO. I am more interested in what they are planning for DCA and LGA with the new slots. More than PHL I would love to see maybe on E90 some serviceDTW out of JFK/BOS. Also, Barger met with the folks over at PVD so that will likely become a new station this year as well. Since I am out in the west for school, I am would love to see better AUS connectivity to Florida stations for more direct flights rather than connecting at JFK/BOS.

N830MH Jan 24, 2012 4:27 pm

Yes, you're right. They didn't work out very well. Maybe if B6 will have a consider to start more direct flight from PHL-PIT/FLL/ORD/SFO/LAX/TPA/MCO. Let's wait and see if they will have consider it. I would considered if they can start more specific new route from MHT-FLL/MCO/TPA/PHL/AUS/ORD/DFW/NAS/SJU.

ktremor Jan 24, 2012 8:54 pm

I do not know if it will be in 2012 but reports here in Rhode Island is that its a very good chance of B6 coming to PVD

JetBlue CEO says 'very good chance' airline coming to R.I.'s Green

By Paul Edward Parker

WARWICK, R.I. -- The chief executive of JetBlue Airways said on Sunday that there is a "very good chance" the low-cost airline will make an announcement this spring about beginning service at T.F. Green Airport.

Airlines generally make spring announcements about service that will begin in the fall.

JetBlue CEO David J. Barger visited Green last week, the third time in recent months he has visited the airport or met with Rhode Island officials at his New York offices.

In response to a Providence Journal query on Twitter.com about the chances of an announcement in the spring, Barger replied:

"A very good chance; Governor Chafee and team rock!"

http://news.providencejournal.com/bu...-to-green.html

N830MH Jan 24, 2012 11:05 pm

I think B6 will start service PVD-FLL/MCO/TPA/AUS/SJU/RSW/PBI or etc. They won't be in JFK due to congestion.

Just a speculating for which the specific route is that.

201flyer Jan 25, 2012 5:02 pm

Originally Posted by N830MH (Post 17882134)
I think B6 will start service PVD-FLL/MCO/TPA/AUS/SJU/RSW/PBI or etc. They won't be in JFK due to congestion.

I assume B6 will start PVD (if they do) the same way they did BDL. They'll put on a few flights a day to MCO and FLL. Then maybe a daily flight each to one or two other Florida cities (possibly seasonal).

The chance of B6 ever starting PVD-AUS is just about nil. They can't even support seven day a week service on BOS-AUS.

haddon90 Jan 26, 2012 5:30 pm

Originally Posted by N830MH (Post 17882134)

you can cross AUS, SJU, RSW, and PBI off that list for initial service. FLL and MCO are pretty safe bets.

volvo99 Jan 26, 2012 5:55 pm

You assume B6 would want those same city pairs. I'm sure there are quite a number of better yielding destinations ex PHL B6 could jump into.

grt2106 Jan 27, 2012 3:16 pm

JFK and FLL to PAP.

grt2106 Jan 27, 2012 3:18 pm

Originally Posted by grt2106 (Post 17899982)
JFK and FLL to PAP.

Why let SPIRIT have all the fun?

JCK75 Jan 27, 2012 3:30 pm

Originally Posted by volvo99 (Post 17894332)
You assume B6 would want those same city pairs. I'm sure there are quite a number of better yielding destinations ex PHL B6 could jump into.

From a business traveler perspective, I think BOS-PHL and BOS-ATL have to be on the list somewhere.

Especially as B6 is trying to grow its business traveler base in Boston. This would be in line with BOS-DFW (flight to legacy carrier hub in major business market).

I agree that I don't see them jumping into random markets like MHT-PHL or PVD-AUS, where they have no real strength.

N830MH Jan 27, 2012 5:49 pm

Originally Posted by grt2106 (Post 17899982)
JFK and FLL to PAP.

Actually, they won't be in JFK due to the congestion. Only where they will fly from MCO/FLL/BOS-PAP.

sbm12 Jan 28, 2012 6:06 pm

It won't be Canada this year.

https://twitter.com/#!/DavidJBarger/...27299490934784

Possibly 2013! "@DarrenChannel: Greetings from a former All-You-Can-Jetter! Any chance of JB adding routes to Canada? Calgary? Vancouver?"

GamerEdie Jan 28, 2012 8:02 pm

Hate to break it to you:

JetBlue will likely not expand domestically but maybe one or two cities. The only certain thing is they are eyeing ATL, but they were bitten once and now twice shy about it. The DFW announcement is a one-off due to the AA bankruptcy.

Expansion is going to heavily, and possibly strictly, the Caribbean, South America, and that neck of the woods.

bosnyc Jan 28, 2012 8:42 pm

Brazil??

Does anyone know if the 320's have the range to reach Brazil ex-FLL/MCO? Brazil is an intriguing market being that the country is an emerging energy power. Also, with the Olympics and World Cup coming up, there will be no shortage of demand.

N830MH Jan 28, 2012 11:50 pm

Originally Posted by bosnyc (Post 17906657)
Does anyone know if the 320's have the range to reach Brazil ex-FLL/MCO? Brazil is an intriguing market being that the country is an emerging energy power. Also, with the Olympics and World Cup coming up, there will be no shortage of demand.

Not for a while unless if they have A320neo delivery.

sbm12 Jan 29, 2012 8:10 am

Originally Posted by GamerEdie (Post 17906513)
Hate to break it to you:

JetBlue will likely not expand domestically but maybe one or two cities. The only certain thing is they are eyeing ATL, but they were bitten once and now twice shy about it. The DFW announcement is a one-off due to the AA bankruptcy.

Expansion is going to heavily, and possibly strictly, the Caribbean, South America, and that neck of the woods.

I expect PVD and ISP to happen this year.

Also, FLL-BOG is coming; anyone know a date on that or if it is officially announced?

SkyTeam777 Jan 29, 2012 10:00 am

With incentives now available at GSO, let's hope B6 considers new service there.

N830MH Jan 29, 2012 10:04 am

Originally Posted by sbm12 (Post 17908535)
I expect PVD and ISP to happen this year.

Also, FLL-BOG is coming; anyone know a date on that or if it is officially announced?

No, I haven't hear anything lately. I'll let you know if I hear any more new info from DOT.

sbm12 Jan 29, 2012 10:23 am

Originally Posted by Barger
Great; BOG-FLL next! "@JulianBOGJB: Wishing Happy 3rd Anniversary of Bogota Opening! Thanks all for the great support #proudtobeJetblue"

https://twitter.com/#!/DavidJBarger/...39115177410560

Looks like they applied for the authorities in September 2011. It was approved but, apparently due to delays on the Colombia side, the company has requested a delay until May for starting the service. http://www.airlineinfo.com/Sites/Dai...t20110174.html

N830MH Jan 29, 2012 6:44 pm

Originally Posted by sbm12 (Post 17909065)
https://twitter.com/#!/DavidJBarger/...39115177410560

Looks like they applied for the authorities in September 2011. It was approved but, apparently due to delays on the Colombia side, the company has requested a delay until May for starting the service. http://www.airlineinfo.com/Sites/Dai...t20110174.html

Oh great! Now we will wait for a while. I guess due to Colombia government hasn't gotten approved yet.