Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

Tickets got cheaper after already purchased....

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 30, 2009, 3:12 pm
Original Poster

Hi,

I recently purchased 4 tickets from OAK - BOS on JetBlue a couple of weeks ago. I went back to the web site and noticed that the same flight was offering a lower fare. I thought I have heard that if this happens, then the airline would offer the lower fare and refund the differnce back to me. Is this true? If so, how do you go about getting that difference? I'm pretty sure that they will tell me that its a $100 change even though its the same flight. Can someone give me any advice on how to tackle this? I would like to be prepared when I call them.

Thanks

Bill R
Old May 30, 2009, 3:17 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

Please follow this thread in the FT Jet Blue Forum.
Thanks..
Obscure2k
TravelBuzz Moderator
Old May 30, 2009, 3:41 pm

Programs: trueblue ,mileageplus skymiles, hilton honors silver
Call Jetblue

If you call Jetblue they will give you a credit for the price drop . The credit would be good for 1 year.
Old May 30, 2009, 4:16 pm
Original Poster

is that a credit to my credit card or a credit in their system to fly with them again at a later date?

bill
Old May 30, 2009, 5:02 pm

Programs: JetBlue TrueBlue, AAdvantage, Rapid Rewards, Sky Miles, SPG, Marriott Rewards, HHonors, Hertz
Just call 1-800-JETBLUE and tell the agent that your fare decreased after purchase. Give the confirmation number and you'll receive a credit in your TrueBlue account good for travel within one year. There's no change fee deducted either! And the credit can be used in anyone's name; just needs to be booked from your account online.

*Tip: the system often deletes your original seat assignment, so just remind the agent to secure your originally assigned seat(s). The really good ones remember to do this without a reminder
Old Apr 18, 2010, 3:02 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by jetBlueNYFL
Just call 1-800-JETBLUE and tell the agent that your fare decreased after purchase. Give the confirmation number and you'll receive a credit in your TrueBlue account good for travel within one year. There's no change fee deducted either! And the credit can be used in anyone's name; just needs to be booked from your account online.

*Tip: the system often deletes your original seat assignment, so just remind the agent to secure your originally assigned seat(s). The really good ones remember to do this without a reminder
Is this still true?
Old Apr 18, 2010, 6:35 pm

It worked for me in January

Originally Posted by dieuwer2
Is this still true?
Old Apr 18, 2010, 6:47 pm

Programs: SPG, AA, BA, CO, UA, US, B6, DL, Amex MR, HH
It worked for me in March.
Old Apr 20, 2010, 9:28 pm

I've received the credit for a price reduction with the old JetBlue. Unless it was a significant price difference it wouldn't be worth it to be now considering how long their hold times have been lately.
Old Apr 21, 2010, 4:06 pm

Programs: united 1p, usair silver, nz gold, hilton gold, starwood gold
Originally Posted by jetBlueNYFL

Is this somewhere in their terms & conditions or just the luck of whom you talk to?
Old Apr 21, 2010, 6:18 pm

Originally Posted by sheepherder
Is this somewhere in their terms & conditions or just the luck of whom you talk to?
I have done it multiple times speaking to different agents so I suspect its a policy . It was worth waiting 17 minutes so save 150 $.
Old Jun 19, 2010, 1:22 pm
Suspended

Can you do this multiple times for the same itinerary?
Old Jun 19, 2010, 2:54 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

I don't see why not.
Old Jun 19, 2010, 3:00 pm
Suspended

Anyway, I got a $60 voucher deposited in Jetblue "TravelBank"..
Old Jun 19, 2010, 4:02 pm

Multiple drops

Yes, I have done it multiple times for the same intinerary

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.