Wiki Posts
Search

Best Oneworld lounge at Haneda

Search this Thread

Old Jul 12, 2018, 8:41 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, VS Gold
Best Oneworld lounge at Haneda

Which would you recommend as the nicer lounge to used at Haneda airport international terminal: JAL First Class lounge or Cathay?
Old Jul 12, 2018, 9:03 pm

Programs: BA Gold
BA Lounge Database | Far East

JAL is always my first/First choice.
Lounge guide gives a fair summary of your options. ^
Old Jul 12, 2018, 9:07 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HYATT GB, UA GOLD, MARRIOTT GOLD, HILTON GOLD, IHG PLT
It's not even close. JAL first class lounge hands down. Plentiful showers, bounty of food and drink including a chef preparing entrees, smoking room if you need it, and the Red Suite lounge within the lounge.
kaka likes this.
Old Jul 12, 2018, 9:19 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, VS Gold
Thanks to you both for replying so quickly - JAL lounge it is.
Old Jul 12, 2018, 11:42 pm

Programs: LH SEN; BA Gold
Originally Posted by luvlanna
It's not even close. JAL first class lounge hands down. Plentiful showers, bounty of food and drink including a chef preparing entrees, smoking room if you need it, and the Red Suite lounge within the lounge.
and Japanese curry. Don't forget the curry.
Old Jul 12, 2018, 11:57 pm

Programs: Mucci, BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Stena Gold
...and the shoe shine....

....and the massages......
Old Jul 13, 2018, 2:19 am

Programs: BAEC: Gold
Originally Posted by Gastrocnemius
...and the shoe shine....

....and the massages......
Just massage chairs when I was there in April - no actual human involved. I believe that they may have removed the human massage. But, I agree, it's a nice lounge with good Japanese curry, beer machines (if you're that way inclined for the early morning BA flight) and, a chef making Japanese pancakes (in the morning anyway).

Before it's renovation I also got a free 5.4 richter scale mini-earthquake- all the Europeans stood up wondering what the hell was going on and the the Japanese just carried on as if nothing was happening!
dvs7310 likes this.
Old Jul 13, 2018, 2:52 am

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by luvlanna
It's not even close.
Actually, I very much disagree. I think if you told me I could only ever go to one lounge again at HND I'd pick JL F, but the CX lounge has some definite advantages - the food is more substantial, it has better coffee, the decor is better, it has a manned bar with cocktails, it has more comfortable seating. JL F wins on being quieter, better champagne, slightly better service, shoe shine, self serve alcohol. If I'm there for a while I normally go for food and a cocktail in CX before moving to JL F to relax with a glass of champagne until the flight is called.

For the record, I've probably been through HND International Terminal 10-15 times in the last year so this is judging from many visits.
Old Jul 13, 2018, 3:01 am

Originally Posted by richie_ja
Just massage chairs when I was there in April - no actual human involved. I believe that they may have removed the human massage.
Yes, massages have been discontinued.
Old Jul 13, 2018, 5:51 am

Programs: BAGGL, A3G, Accor Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, LHW Sterling
For morning flights, the galette in the JAL F lounge is extremely tasty.
kaka likes this.
Old Jul 13, 2018, 6:08 am

Depends on the time of day. If i want to eat or shower i would go to the JL lounge, but otherwise the recliners along the window in the CX lounge are as good as any spot in any lounge in the world.
Old Jul 13, 2018, 6:51 am

Programs: BAEC
On the flipside...from a business perspective cathay wins hands down!
Old Jul 13, 2018, 6:55 am

Originally Posted by omarlc
On the flipside...from a business perspective cathay wins hands down!
Indeed it does, although has been a long time since I've ventured into one of the JL J lounges. CX is technically operating as a combined J/F lounge depending on the time of day I suppose, given there is normally 1 or sometimes 2 CX flights with F a day.
Old Jul 13, 2018, 1:13 pm

Programs: DL Gold, AA EXP, SPG Plat, Hilton Dia, Hyatt Glob, CC Gold, Avis President's Club
I prefer the food / cocktails in the Cathay Lounge but the ambiance / wine of the JAL F lounge.

How about you just go to both?
Old Jul 15, 2018, 10:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Would second going to both. CX is a nice lounge and the staff working there is top notch. My last visit (December 2017), I got there right before the lounge closed (was on the AA HND - LAX flight) and the head of the CX lounge came over to thank me for visiting and to apologize that I could only stay for 10 minutes because the lounge was closing.

I assured her it wasn't a problem and just wanted some noodles (can't resist Dan Dan noodles from a CX lounge). She offered me something from the bar and I declined and said it was too bad given the price increases that offering Japanese whisky with any age wasn't feasible anymore. She excused herself and came back a couple of minutes later with a glass of Yamazaki 12 that the had hidden in the back (presumably for VIPs -- which I certainly am not).
barracuda93 and HKUSFLYER like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.