Consolidated Haneda (HND) to/from Narita (NRT) transfers thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated Haneda (HND) to/from Narita (NRT) transfers thread

Search this Thread

Old Aug 10, 2018, 2:26 pm

Programs: AMEX AC CX UA AA DL
Published minimum connection time is 3:30 for Int. <-> dom. between NRT and HND . So I wouldn't describe 3:45 Int. <-> Int. as "plenty of time".
Old Aug 10, 2018, 5:03 pm

Programs: Delta
Originally Posted by kaka

no. I took the bus “quite a few times” and it usually take just over an hour. (Or 1.5 hrs from nrt to yokohama ycat)
Bus and car would take the same route, right? Seems like OP had an unlucky traffic day.
Old Aug 10, 2018, 6:38 pm

Actually, the limo bus would’ve definitely taken a different route in such traffic situation and gotten the OP to HND much earlier than his driver did.

limo bus drivers are very sophisticated. They seem to always know the traffic situation ahead of time and know various alternative routes.
SPN Lifer and muji like this.
Old Aug 10, 2018, 8:47 pm

Originally Posted by evergrn
Actually, the limo bus would’ve definitely taken a different route in such traffic situation and gotten the OP to HND much earlier than his driver did.

limo bus drivers are very sophisticated. They seem to always know the traffic situation ahead of time and know various alternative routes.
Ah, I didn't realize that there were choices of expressways between Narita and Haneda. Yes, Google maps and the navi system in cars in Japan are usually good at live updates and warning about traffic jams up ahead.
Old Aug 11, 2018, 2:02 am
Moderator: Mileage Run, InterContinental Hotels

Originally Posted by evergrn
imo bus drivers are very sophisticated. They seem to always know the traffic situation ahead of time and know various alternative routes.
I've been on plenty of Limousine Bus detours over the years, but sometimes there are no alternatives. A few months ago, we were stuck in traffic for HND-Shinjuku -- over 1 1/2 hours to PHT.

I've also experienced hour+ immigration waits, train stoppages and detours, but IME, these are rare occurrences, and I'd still consider 3 1/2 hours acceptable for a NRT-HND connection.
Old Aug 11, 2018, 1:17 pm

Originally Posted by jpdx
I've been on plenty of Limousine Bus detours over the years, but sometimes there are no alternatives. A few months ago, we were stuck in traffic for HND-Shinjuku -- over 1 1/2 hours to PHT.

I've also experienced hour+ immigration waits, train stoppages and detours, but IME, these are rare occurrences, and I'd still consider 3 1/2 hours acceptable for a NRT-HND connection.
How many times have you been on Limo bus that actually ran more than a few minutes behind schedule? HND-PH is scheduled as an hour ride, so you're saying it ran >30min late. That has to be really rare, although i suppose anything is possible. I've been on Limo bus in traffic jam plenty of times, but I can't remember the last time it actually ran late. On the other hand, NRT Express runs late from time to time. I'm sure the Access train runs late occasionally also. Any train that has to travel over numerous different companies' tracks is more vulnerable to running late.

When you factor in all the different things that could go wrong (flight arriving late, immigration line, etc), I would want at least 4hrs for NRT-HND transfer even on single ticket. But you also need to look at where you're getting on in NRT and getting off at HND, as getting on at Limo bus' last stop in NRT and first stop in HND could shave off significant amount of time than maybe someone else.
Old Nov 9, 2018, 2:59 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Sorry to resurrect this thread but where do I get tickets for the limo bus? How much is it NRT to HND?
Old Nov 9, 2018, 6:11 am

Here's the home page.
https://www.limousinebus.co.jp/en/ar...nrt/haneda/dep
SPN Lifer and snaxmuppet like this.
Old Nov 9, 2018, 12:54 pm

Programs: DL PM 1MM
Originally Posted by snaxmuppet
Sorry to resurrect this thread but where do I get tickets for the limo bus? How much is it NRT to HND?
Originally Posted by nishimark
+1
You purchase your bus ticket from the limousine bus ticket office in the NRT arrivals hall (after exiting immigration/customs).
snaxmuppet likes this.
Old Mar 12, 2019, 7:01 am

Transfer NRT - HND

Arriving at NRT at 12:55 from TPE. Dept. HND at 17:55. International flight
How much time to allow between arrival at NRT and dept. of limousine bus to HND? Does anyone know what happens to the limousine bus ticket (pre booked, pre paid) if the flight is delayed and the bus is missed?
Old Mar 12, 2019, 3:04 pm

Programs: United Mileage Plus, Southwest Rapid Rewards, Amtrak Guest Rewards
Which service are you talking about? These folks don't take reservations for the inter-airport route. You just show up at their ticket counter and they give you the earliest bus.
Old Mar 12, 2019, 3:08 pm

If you don't have luggage you can also take a train all the way there (I mean, you still can if you have luggage, but just more hassle)
Old Mar 12, 2019, 4:40 pm

Programs: AMEX AC CX UA AA DL
Published minimum connection time between the 2 airports for international flights is 210 minutes.

>> what happens to the limousine bus ticket (pre booked, pre paid) if the flight is delayed and the bus is missed?

No reason to pre-book or prepay for the exact reason.
Old Mar 12, 2019, 8:00 pm

Programs: UA GS>1K>Nothing; DL DM 2MM; AS 75K>Nothing>MVP
Plenty of time. No need to worry.
Old Mar 13, 2019, 1:40 am

Thank you. Helpful answers, much appreciated.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.