Search

Getting to Itami in the morning

Search this Thread

Old May 19, 2017, 1:20 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist, DL Plat, UA Silver
Getting to Itami in the morning

Hello,

I have an flight that departs Itami at 0750 for an connection at Narita.

What's the best way to get to Itami in the morning from St Regis Osaka?
What time do I need to be at the airport for check in?

I'm okay with taxi to bus stop, etc. Trying to all out taxi.
Old May 19, 2017, 2:19 pm

Programs: AMEX AC CX UA AA DL
I took that flight before. Check-in deadline is ~30 minutes with baggage as it is a domestic flight. Though the check in for those connecting to an international flight is separate from the domestic flight only area.

I took the first bus leaving from OCAT as I stayed near Namba. Took a cab from hotel to bus station.

St. Regis is sort of half way between Osaka Station and Namba/OCAT (2.6 and 2.9 km respectively) , where the bus departs.

http://www.okkbus.co.jp/en/index2.html

Whether you take the bus from Osaka Station or Namba area, make sure you get on the bus at the starting stop. Otherwise the bus that shows up might be full, as it happened one time on the Umeda bus I took.
Old May 19, 2017, 2:20 pm

Programs: Star Alliance - AC
St. Regis in Osaka is located near Honmachi Station on the Midosuji line.

Why not just taxi the whole trip? It's should be only about 20 minutes. (There might be a road toll for the quickest route but nothing too expensive)

If you take the subway, you will need to transfer at Umeda/Osaka Station. Factoring in that you will be going just before the crazy rush hour, the train network should be pretty packed. Why go through the stress?
Old May 19, 2017, 2:49 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Taiwaned
St. Regis in Osaka is located near Honmachi Station on the Midosuji line.

Why not just taxi the whole trip? It's should be only about 20 minutes. (There might be a road toll for the quickest route but nothing too expensive)

If you take the subway, you will need to transfer at Umeda/Osaka Station. Factoring in that you will be going just before the crazy rush hour, the train network should be pretty packed. Why go through the stress?
Any flat rate taxi's in Japan? What should the ideal taxi fare be?

The Hotel told me from Kansai (my arriving airport) to St Regis Osaka is about 32k yen.
Old May 19, 2017, 2:55 pm

Programs: AA PtPro (2 MM); Hilton Diamond; Hertz President Cr; DL SkyMiles; UA MileagePlus
Airport bus to/from Itami Airport does not stop directly in front of St. Regis Osaka. Airport Bus will depart from Nanba station, Osaka station, or Ue-Honmachi station, which are more than few blocks away from St. Regis.

I think it is most convenient to take taxi from St. Regis Osaka to Itami Airport. If you consider morning rush hour traffic the ride should be around 50 - 60 min., fare will be 5,500 – 5,700 yen plus express toll of 1,860 yen, total of 7,420 yen (US$ 66.72).

If you do not want to take taxi all the way to Itami, then take taxi to Shin-Hankyu Hotel near JR Osaka station, and right at Hankyu Umeda station then catch a bus to Itami Airport. Bus is 640 yen and there is one departing Shin-Hankyu Hotel at 6:05 a.m. arriving at Itami airport 6:45 a.m.

Taxi from St. Regis Osaka to Shin-Hankyu Hotel is 2,000 – 2,200 yen, ride should be 20 – 30 minutes.

For domestic flight in Japan arriving at an hour before the fight is more than plenty, they are efficient. However, I do not know your connecting flight out of NRT and if you think check baggage or other things should be little complicated (such as not same airline or not same alliance) then arrive an hour and 30 minutes before the flight just in case?
Old May 19, 2017, 2:55 pm

Taxi all the way:

~5200 + 820 toll

Taxi to OCAT/Namba or Herbis/Osaka Station = 900

source: navitime

Standard taxi rate ~350 yen / km

Last edited by beep88; May 19, 2017 at 3:02 pm
Old May 19, 2017, 2:59 pm

Programs: AA PtPro (2 MM); Hilton Diamond; Hertz President Cr; DL SkyMiles; UA MileagePlus
Originally Posted by TennisNoob
Any flat rate taxi's in Japan? What should the ideal taxi fare be?
No, there is not flat rate taxi to/from Itami airport. There is one for Kobe airport.
Old May 19, 2017, 3:01 pm

>> The Hotel told me from Kansai (my arriving airport) to St Regis Osaka is about 32k yen.

But you are going to ITAMI aiport, not Kansai.
Old May 19, 2017, 3:05 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the details.

Connecting flight at NRT is F but flight out of Itami is Y and both are NH. Connection should be smooth.

1 is leaving Monday and 2 are leaving Tuesday. I would put Taxi for the 2 but for myself I'm trying to save some here and there.

What time should the 2 on straight taxi depart? (Depart Itami 7:50am to NRT)
What time should I depart if I did Taxi+bus? (Depart Itami 7:50am to NRT)
Old May 20, 2017, 10:38 am

Thanks for the details.

Connecting flight at NRT is F but flight out of Itami is Y and both are NH. Connection should be smooth.

What time should I depart if I did Taxi+bus? (Depart Itami 7:50am to NRT)
Same here. Got the upgrade for the first leg as it was my birthday. I had no *A status and it was a reward flight. Got signed "birthday card" from cabin crew on first flight, and from Pilot on the international flight.

As mentioned I took the first bus, which left plenty of time for the very crowded lounge at ITM.

Last edited by beep88; May 20, 2017 at 10:46 am
Old May 22, 2017, 8:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

not sure if you can read japanese, but MK taxi has a flat rate from St Regis to Itami airport for 3700yen plus 500yen booking fee and tolls will cost around 1000yen.

check the link below
http://www.mk-group.co.jp/osaka/airport.html#contents

From KIX to St Regis will cost 8500 yen plus 1500yen in tolls.
Old May 23, 2017, 9:35 pm
Original Poster

I see! That's good. I could ask the hotel to help.

MK is totally legal right? Does MK use regular Taxi's or it's private drivers?

Yes if it was KIX I would do public transport for sure but if it's not much to Itami ill do taxi.
Old May 24, 2017, 6:24 am

Originally Posted by fumitani
not sure if you can read japanese, but MK taxi has a flat rate from St Regis to Itami airport for 3700yen plus 500yen booking fee and tolls will cost around 1000yen.

check the link below
http://www.mk-group.co.jp/osaka/airport.html#contents

From KIX to St Regis will cost 8500 yen plus 1500yen in tolls.
I see! That's good. I could ask the hotel to help.

MK is totally legal right? Does MK use regular Taxi's or it's private drivers?

Yes if it was KIX I would do public transport for sure but if it's not much to Itami ill do taxi.
If you read the information on the website shown in Japanese, it indicates that this is limited time offer and the offer ends on May 31. Also, this offer is valid only if reserved two days in advance using MK Taxi app on a cell phone.

You are staying at one of the major hotels in Osaka, there should be taxi waiting to pick people up at your hotel. I say just take a taxi from your hotel to ITM. Is it really that much worth spending several pages on a website talking about how to get form St. Regis to ITM? Just take a taxi. In Japan you do not have to worry about if some taxi drivers will stiff you or not.
Old May 24, 2017, 9:22 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by AlwaysAisle
Is it really that much worth spending several pages on a website talking about how to get form St. Regis to ITM? Just take a taxi. In Japan you do not have to worry about if some taxi drivers will stiff you or not.
If it was for one trip no but because I'm leaving Monday and my other family members leave Tuesday, than yes.
Old May 24, 2017, 9:31 am

If it was for one trip no but because I'm leaving Monday and my other family members leave Tuesday, than yes.
Could you explain why your family making two separate trips from St. Regis to ITM on different days is different from making one trip? Taxi will be there no matter what, whether it is Monday or Tuesday, whether it is 6 a.m. or it is 6 p.m.

Why not you simply take a taxi to ITM on Monday and your rest of family do same on Tuesday? Why things become different when it involves two separate trips on different day?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.