FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Japan Airlines | JAL Mileage Bank (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/japan-airlines-jal-mileage-bank-513/)
-   -   Checked in online, no luggage — do I need Covid test printout? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/japan-airlines-jal-mileage-bank/2081968-checked-online-no-luggage-do-i-need-covid-test-printout.html)

rampguy Jun 6, 2022 2:30 am

Checked in online, no luggage — do I need Covid test printout?

I just checked in to JL6 leaving tomorrow on JAL’s site, got my boarding pass loaded in Apple Wallet…and was never asked for my Covid test.

I’ve flown a bunch internationally and always had to submit the negative test before getting a boarding pass, so I wasn’t sure if I need to check in again tomorrow at Haneda or what. In particular I just have a picture of my negative test from today so wasn’t sure if I should try to print it tonight or not…

thanks for any guidance for anyone who’s left from Haneda recently!

CPH-Flyer Jun 6, 2022 6:50 am

Originally Posted by rampguy (Post 34310848)
I just checked in to JL6 leaving tomorrow on JAL’s site, got my boarding pass loaded in Apple Wallet…and was never asked for my Covid test.

I’ve flown a bunch internationally and always had to submit the negative test before getting a boarding pass, so I wasn’t sure if I need to check in again tomorrow at Haneda or what. In particular I just have a picture of my negative test from today so wasn’t sure if I should try to print it tonight or not…

thanks for any guidance for anyone who’s left from Haneda recently!

I assume your final destination is the US? If not before, which is unlikely if you don't go to the check-in counter, they will ask you at the gate. And if you can't show your negative test you will not be allowed to board.

rampguy Jun 6, 2022 8:12 am

yes, final destination is USA. Do you happen to know if I need a print out or will a screenshot (PDF) on iPhone suffice?

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer (Post 34311208)
I assume your final destination is the US? If not before, which is unlikely if you don't go to the check-in counter, they will ask you at the gate. And if you can't show your negative test you will not be allowed to board.

JALPak Jun 6, 2022 12:10 pm

Originally Posted by rampguy (Post 34311417)
yes, final destination is USA. Do you happen to know if I need a print out or will a screenshot (PDF) on iPhone suffice?

Why don’t you just use VeriFLY? Unless there’s a sudden change in entry requirement which is unlikely given your flight is today, then the only question left is whether US requires a hard copy on arrival.

rampguy Jun 6, 2022 3:10 pm

There was no link/prompt to do so — when I’ve flown before VeriFLY was an intermediate step to getting my boarding pass. Here I already have the boarding pass.

Originally Posted by JALPak (Post 34312202)
Why don’t you just use VeriFLY? Unless there’s a sudden change in entry requirement which is unlikely given your flight is today, then the only question left is whether US requires a hard copy on arrival.

CPH-Flyer Jun 6, 2022 4:09 pm

Originally Posted by rampguy (Post 34311417)

Electronic version is fine.

Originally Posted by JALPak (Post 34312202)

No one apart from the airline looks at it. Normally, am sure there are exceptional cases for strange reasons.