Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Japan Airlines | JAL Mileage Bank
Reload this Page >

Checked in online, no luggage — do I need Covid test printout?

Old Jun 6, 2022, 2:30 am
Original Poster

I just checked in to JL6 leaving tomorrow on JAL’s site, got my boarding pass loaded in Apple Wallet…and was never asked for my Covid test.

I’ve flown a bunch internationally and always had to submit the negative test before getting a boarding pass, so I wasn’t sure if I need to check in again tomorrow at Haneda or what. In particular I just have a picture of my negative test from today so wasn’t sure if I should try to print it tonight or not…

thanks for any guidance for anyone who’s left from Haneda recently!
Old Jun 6, 2022, 6:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by rampguy
I just checked in to JL6 leaving tomorrow on JAL’s site, got my boarding pass loaded in Apple Wallet…and was never asked for my Covid test.

I’ve flown a bunch internationally and always had to submit the negative test before getting a boarding pass, so I wasn’t sure if I need to check in again tomorrow at Haneda or what. In particular I just have a picture of my negative test from today so wasn’t sure if I should try to print it tonight or not…

thanks for any guidance for anyone who’s left from Haneda recently!
I assume your final destination is the US? If not before, which is unlikely if you don't go to the check-in counter, they will ask you at the gate. And if you can't show your negative test you will not be allowed to board.
Old Jun 6, 2022, 8:12 am
Original Poster

yes, final destination is USA. Do you happen to know if I need a print out or will a screenshot (PDF) on iPhone suffice?

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
I assume your final destination is the US? If not before, which is unlikely if you don't go to the check-in counter, they will ask you at the gate. And if you can't show your negative test you will not be allowed to board.
Old Jun 6, 2022, 12:10 pm
Ambassador: Japan Airlines

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, JMB Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Platinum
yes, final destination is USA. Do you happen to know if I need a print out or will a screenshot (PDF) on iPhone suffice?
Why don’t you just use VeriFLY? Unless there’s a sudden change in entry requirement which is unlikely given your flight is today, then the only question left is whether US requires a hard copy on arrival.
Old Jun 6, 2022, 3:10 pm
Original Poster

There was no link/prompt to do so — when I’ve flown before VeriFLY was an intermediate step to getting my boarding pass. Here I already have the boarding pass.

Originally Posted by JALPak
Why don’t you just use VeriFLY? Unless there’s a sudden change in entry requirement which is unlikely given your flight is today, then the only question left is whether US requires a hard copy on arrival.
Old Jun 6, 2022, 4:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Electronic version is fine.

Originally Posted by JALPak
No one apart from the airline looks at it. Normally, am sure there are exceptional cases for strange reasons.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.