FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Japan Airlines | JAL Mileage Bank (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/japan-airlines-jal-mileage-bank-513/)
-   -   JAL Renewing Website (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/japan-airlines-jal-mileage-bank/2013747-jal-renewing-website.html)

JALOO5-Flyer Mar 20, 2020 10:48 am

JAL Renewing Website

JAL is renewing their website on April 7th, 2020 according to this page (Japanese only) https://www.jal.co.jp/jp/ja/information/renewal-2020/, with new website design, consolidated pages, improved search functions.

I was able to log in onto Japan Region site main page as an America Region member as of now. However I was not able to check my details there.

CPH-Flyer Mar 20, 2020 7:07 pm

The website could do with a brush up.

Being able to search by airport code rather than the cumbersome picking the city from a list will be good. I wonder if this also means that you can book flights not originating in the region of the website you are logged in to?

JALPak Mar 20, 2020 7:17 pm

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer (Post 32212873)
The website could do with a brush up.

Being able to search by airport code rather than the cumbersome picking the city from a list will be good. I wonder if this also means that you can book flights not originating in the region of the website you are logged in to?

I just want the old site back. Before I was able to quickly view seat maps on different dates without making dummy bookings.

CPH-Flyer Mar 20, 2020 8:44 pm

Originally Posted by JALPak (Post 32212900)
I just want the old site back. Before I was able to quickly view seat maps on different dates without making dummy bookings.

The latest update on the seat map features is decent if not perfect, let's see what they come up with in that area.

minizian Apr 1, 2020 5:10 am

I see the international page were updated with new graphic and layout but I noticed there is no more option for "Multi-city" itinerary, only either One way or Return.

I usually used that option to get the through-fare rate and get the date that fit into my schedule (for some reason its slightly more expensive than go direct outright) :confused:

CPH-Flyer Apr 1, 2020 5:14 am

Originally Posted by minizian (Post 32253557)
I see the international page were updated with new graphic and layout but I noticed there is no more option for "Multi-city" itinerary, only either One way or Return.

I usually used that option to get the through-fare rate at the date that fit into my schedule. :confused:

It only is supposed to launch April 7th according to the promotional website. I, for now, still get the old layout when going to the Japan region.

minizian Apr 1, 2020 5:20 am

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer (Post 32253565)
It only is supposed to launch April 7th according to the promotional website. I, for now, still get the old layout when going to the Japan region.

Likewise, the select flight and the seats section are still in old layout too after moving on from the new main page once you select the date/routes/class of travel.

I hope they will put (multi city option) it in once it is properly launched.

NYCBunny Apr 1, 2020 5:49 am

I also noticed they updated they announced new JGC auto-renewal membership rules on the new site. Looks like it's gonna be a lot of people losing JGC status in 2021.

CPH-Flyer Apr 1, 2020 6:49 am

Originally Posted by NYCBunny (Post 32253615)
I also noticed they updated they announced new JGC auto-renewal membership rules on the new site. Looks like it's gonna be a lot of people losing JGC status in 2021.

Isn't that just the change announced a while ago, that the requirement for renewal without 5000 miles deduction is increasing?

JALPak Apr 1, 2020 9:44 am

Originally Posted by minizian (Post 32253557)

I usually used that option to get the through-fare rate and get the date that fit into my schedule (for some reason its slightly more expensive than go direct outright) :confused:

https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...86d0a0dc58.png

minizian Apr 1, 2020 10:47 am

Originally Posted by JALPak (Post 32254176)

Whoops. Totally miss out on that :( Thanks for pointing out:tu:I am so used to the old format location:o

NYCBunny Apr 1, 2020 12:59 pm

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer (Post 32253735)
Isn't that just the change announced a while ago, that the requirement for renewal without 5000 miles deduction is increasing?

Not sure, the way it's worded on the new page makes it sounds like there is no 5,000 point deduction, just 35,000 FOP or 14 international flights. The 14 international flights part seems crazy to me, I can hit diamond status with 14 JFK<->NRT flights.

I hope I'm wrong.

CPH-Flyer Apr 1, 2020 4:09 pm

Originally Posted by NYCBunny (Post 32254810)
Not sure, the way it's worded on the new page makes it sounds like there is no 5,000 point deduction, just 35,000 FOP or 14 international flights. The 14 international flights part seems crazy to me, I can hit diamond status with 14 JFK<->NRT flights.

I hope I'm wrong.

14 flights on the longest route in the system, in a booking class that earns 100% makes Diamond. 14 flight on TSA HND in a cheapo class gets you nowhere close to Diamond.

These are just the requirements to avoid a 5000 miles deduction. That change was announced quite a while ago.

JALPak Apr 1, 2020 4:11 pm

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer (Post 32255367)
14 flights on the longest route in the system, in a booking class that earns 100% makes Diamond. 14 flight on TSA HND in a cheapo class gets you nowhere close to Diamond.

These are just the requirements to avoid a 5000 miles deduction. That change was announced quite a while ago.

ssssssh we need these extra bookings to make up for the loss :p

NYCBunny Apr 1, 2020 5:28 pm

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer (Post 32255367)

Oh, I know they announced it a while back. I'm just surprised on the new site and its announcement they seemed to have glossed over the 5,000 mile deduction part.