JAL Renewing Website

Old Mar 20, 20, 10:48 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold, JAL Diamond, AS MVPG 75K, TK Elite, Hilton Diamond, SPG/Marriott Gold
JAL Renewing Website

JAL is renewing their website on April 7th, 2020 according to this page (Japanese only) https://www.jal.co.jp/jp/ja/information/renewal-2020/, with new website design, consolidated pages, improved search functions.

I was able to log in onto Japan Region site main page as an America Region member as of now. However I was not able to check my details there.
Old Mar 20, 20, 7:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JMB Diamond Metal Card (OWE) , SAS Eurobonus Gold, (*G) Marriott Ambassador (LTP)
The website could do with a brush up.

Being able to search by airport code rather than the cumbersome picking the city from a list will be good. I wonder if this also means that you can book flights not originating in the region of the website you are logged in to?
Old Mar 20, 20, 7:17 pm
Ambassador: Japan Airlines

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer View Post
The website could do with a brush up.

Being able to search by airport code rather than the cumbersome picking the city from a list will be good. I wonder if this also means that you can book flights not originating in the region of the website you are logged in to?
I just want the old site back. Before I was able to quickly view seat maps on different dates without making dummy bookings.
Old Mar 20, 20, 8:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JMB Diamond Metal Card (OWE) , SAS Eurobonus Gold, (*G) Marriott Ambassador (LTP)
Originally Posted by JALPak View Post
I just want the old site back. Before I was able to quickly view seat maps on different dates without making dummy bookings.
The latest update on the seat map features is decent if not perfect, let's see what they come up with in that area.
Old Apr 1, 20, 5:10 am

Programs: JAL JMB Sapphire & One World Sapphire
I see the international page were updated with new graphic and layout but I noticed there is no more option for "Multi-city" itinerary, only either One way or Return.

I usually used that option to get the through-fare rate and get the date that fit into my schedule (for some reason its slightly more expensive than go direct outright)
Old Apr 1, 20, 5:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by minizian View Post
I see the international page were updated with new graphic and layout but I noticed there is no more option for "Multi-city" itinerary, only either One way or Return.

I usually used that option to get the through-fare rate at the date that fit into my schedule.
It only is supposed to launch April 7th according to the promotional website. I, for now, still get the old layout when going to the Japan region.
Old Apr 1, 20, 5:20 am

It only is supposed to launch April 7th according to the promotional website. I, for now, still get the old layout when going to the Japan region.
Likewise, the select flight and the seats section are still in old layout too after moving on from the new main page once you select the date/routes/class of travel.

I hope they will put (multi city option) it in once it is properly launched.
Old Apr 1, 20, 5:49 am

Programs: JGC Diamond, OW Emerald, Amtrak Select Plus,Hotels.com Gold
I also noticed they updated they announced new JGC auto-renewal membership rules on the new site. Looks like it's gonna be a lot of people losing JGC status in 2021.
Old Apr 1, 20, 6:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by NYCBunny View Post
I also noticed they updated they announced new JGC auto-renewal membership rules on the new site. Looks like it's gonna be a lot of people losing JGC status in 2021.
Isn't that just the change announced a while ago, that the requirement for renewal without 5000 miles deduction is increasing?
Old Apr 1, 20, 9:44 am

Originally Posted by minizian View Post

I usually used that option to get the through-fare rate and get the date that fit into my schedule (for some reason its slightly more expensive than go direct outright)
Old Apr 1, 20, 10:47 am

Originally Posted by JALPak View Post
Whoops. Totally miss out on that Thanks for pointing outI am so used to the old format location
Old Apr 1, 20, 12:59 pm

Isn't that just the change announced a while ago, that the requirement for renewal without 5000 miles deduction is increasing?
Not sure, the way it's worded on the new page makes it sounds like there is no 5,000 point deduction, just 35,000 FOP or 14 international flights. The 14 international flights part seems crazy to me, I can hit diamond status with 14 JFK<->NRT flights.

I hope I'm wrong.
Old Apr 1, 20, 4:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by NYCBunny View Post
Not sure, the way it's worded on the new page makes it sounds like there is no 5,000 point deduction, just 35,000 FOP or 14 international flights. The 14 international flights part seems crazy to me, I can hit diamond status with 14 JFK<->NRT flights.

I hope I'm wrong.
14 flights on the longest route in the system, in a booking class that earns 100% makes Diamond. 14 flight on TSA HND in a cheapo class gets you nowhere close to Diamond.

These are just the requirements to avoid a 5000 miles deduction. That change was announced quite a while ago.
Old Apr 1, 20, 4:11 pm

14 flights on the longest route in the system, in a booking class that earns 100% makes Diamond. 14 flight on TSA HND in a cheapo class gets you nowhere close to Diamond.

These are just the requirements to avoid a 5000 miles deduction. That change was announced quite a while ago.
ssssssh we need these extra bookings to make up for the loss
Old Apr 1, 20, 5:28 pm

Oh, I know they announced it a while back. I'm just surprised on the new site and its announcement they seemed to have glossed over the 5,000 mile deduction part.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: