FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Japan Airlines | JAL Mileage Bank (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/japan-airlines-jal-mileage-bank-513/)
-   -   Just got greeted at my seat! (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/japan-airlines-jal-mileage-bank/1996382-just-got-greeted-my-seat.html)

wireless_999 Nov 21, 2019 5:11 am

Just got greeted at my seat!

I know it's a trivial thing but I just was greeted today on my flight by name. I thought maybe the purser did it with everyone thinking it wasn't anything special but I looked and she went only to a few seats.

This hasn't happened to me in many years and the last time it did was when I was just platinum and flying cx. This is way before the eqd requirements. I remember it was normal to be thanked for being a status member.

So just interesting as I have flown with this plt pro status on AY CX and AA metal and never was I greeted.

CPH-Flyer Nov 21, 2019 3:21 pm

It is a bit random if they do it or not. The service manual does not include it, though I understand that it once did. I'd say it has become a bit more frequent after they got tablets and have the information about status more handy.

Hay Yau Nov 21, 2019 10:27 pm

From JGCP, I don't think I've not been greeted by name. Interesting to know it's not in the Service Manual because I would say I've been greeted pretty consistently.
They also write your status on the seat chart in the galley.

bszeto Nov 22, 2019 1:15 am

As OWE (AA EXP) my experience has also been random, but recently I have not been greeted by name as much as in the past.

I actually find CX do this better more consistently

minizian Nov 22, 2019 2:38 am

Originally Posted by Hay Yau (Post 31764363)
From JGCP, I don't think I've not been greeted by name. Interesting to know it's not in the Service Manual because I would say I've been greeted pretty consistently.
They also write your status on the seat chart in the galley.

I am curious to have a look in their service manual. Wanted to know the SOP for being crew.

I know they have seat chart with each pax name and relevant status for BC pax pasted in main galley which I saw it with my own eyes. Are you sitting in BC?

I remember I did not see such table for EY section. Sometime I do get personalized note from crew in written message in my log book addressed with my name (eg: Dear Mr. Minizian)

Hay Yau Nov 24, 2019 10:34 pm

Originally Posted by minizian (Post 31764783)
I am curious to have a look in their service manual. Wanted to know the SOP for being crew.

I know they have seat chart with each pax name and relevant status for BC pax pasted in main galley which I saw it with my own eyes. Are you sitting in BC?

I remember I did not see such table for EY section. Sometime I do get personalized note from crew in written message in my log book addressed with my name (eg: Dear Mr. Minizian)

Yes, sitting in business.

Kashima Nov 25, 2019 1:50 am

They do also keep track in Y and regularly greet status passengers indeed. It can be at the beginning of the flight or at the end, or sometimes they only call you by your name when they serve you the menu. You can notice on the trolley that some CA put a post-it with a series of seat numbers and names corresponding to guests to greet. I believe it is more a private initiative from the CA than a rule as it is quite irregular and I don't imagine any Japanese written manual recommending to put people's name visible to all but well, it does the job ! :)