Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Japan Airlines | JAL Mileage Bank
Reload this Page >

JL ticket upgrade from J to F which status should I use?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 20, 2019, 1:36 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA-CK, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Lifetime Titanium

I have a purchased biz ticket on JL waitlisted for an upgrade to F using JMB. I'm at the base level in JMB but I'm Concierge Key (OWE) with AA. Would I have a better chance clearing the upgrade putting my AA FF# into the record?
Old Dec 20, 2019, 11:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by MikeFly
I have a purchased biz ticket on JL waitlisted for an upgrade to F using JMB. I'm at the base level in JMB but I'm Concierge Key (OWE) with AA. Would I have a better chance clearing the upgrade putting my AA FF# into the record?
Your aa status gives zero entitlement to upgrade on jl so I’d stick to the jmb.

Last edited by orbitmic; Dec 21, 2019 at 4:37 pm
Old Dec 21, 2019, 12:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
I am guessing you need to keep your JMB account their, as the upgrade waitlist is process through your JMB account. You probably do not want to break that link.
Old Dec 21, 2019, 5:53 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA-CK, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
I am guessing you need to keep your JMB account their, as the upgrade waitlist is process through your JMB account. You probably do not want to break that link.
Thanks, your answer makes the most logical sense. I'll wait the process out and change my FF# for accrual at the end.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.