FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Japan Airlines | JAL Mileage Bank (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/japan-airlines-jal-mileage-bank-513/)
-   -   pay € 180 to take the first available flight or make a long stop at NRT (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/japan-airlines-jal-mileage-bank/1930801-pay-180-take-first-available-flight-make-long-stop-nrt.html)

emilio911 Sep 17, 2018 12:56 pm

Originally Posted by JALPak (Post 30209883)
So when your flight is scheduled to arrive at 10:00 JST, and the morning NRT-NGO is scheduled to depart at 10:25 JST, your connection time is only 25 min, which is way below the MCT. There is NO WAY any airline will let you book this as a single itinerary.

Maybe I misread, but OP seems to say that JAL would let him book that itinerary for €180 more. How is it even possible?

JALPak Sep 17, 2018 1:06 pm

Originally Posted by emilio911 (Post 30213895)
Maybe I misread, but OP seems to say that JAL would let him book that itinerary for €180 more. How is it even possible?

I suspect that's for the codeshare flight operated by AY which is scheduled to arrive at 09:05 JST. OP will have exactly 1hr 20min to connect to the morning NRT-NGO flight.

kaka Sep 17, 2018 8:33 pm

Originally Posted by Angelo fly (Post 30207749)
force me to stay more than 8 hours at NRT (arrival from HEL), if I want to take the flight to NGO(short connection) that starts around h.1,30 after my arrival at NRT I have to pay € 180, I do not understand the JAl policy, if I had a seat on my flight, I would have to sit on the first available flight and not keep my client at the airport for 8 hours, not having other flights, I will have to review my flight choices with Jal and fly with the competition. : Ad esempio:

well, since checkin cutoff is 20 minutes before flight, just standby when you arrive NRT.
and if they retimed your flight, why didnt you request them to fix this when they retimed it (or force them to change)

Angelo fly Sep 18, 2018 8:25 am

I think it's a schedule of flights and coincidences at the Jal level, very badly calculated, in the morning many flights arrive from Europe to Narita, there are many tourists and Japanese who fly Jal, I had chosen this flight just to try the boeing 787 / 9 Jal, certainly not for 8 hours of transit on a chair at the airport when I could choose the flight to Nagoya with Finnair (as I have always done in the last 10 trips). Maybe Jal must revise his connection policy, long ago I had launched an idea to Finnair to connect his A350 on NGO, I then read about a couple of months later that Finnair in the summer 2019 season is adjusting operational aircraft on Helsinki - Nagoya route, which sees the airline moves from Airbus A330 to Airbus A350-900XWB.

Helsinki departure:
31MAR19 - 09APR19 333 Daily
10APR19 - 20APR19 333 Day 247 359 Day x247
21APR19 - 04MAY19 333 Daily (Except 24APR19 with A350)
05MAY19 - 26OCT19 359 Daily

AY079 HEL1725 - 0850 + 1NGO 359 D
AY080 NGO1030 - 1430HEL 359 D
they give up listening to their customers .... XD :confuso:

bpe Sep 19, 2018 12:37 am

Originally Posted by Angelo fly (Post 30216897)
I think it's a schedule of flights and coincidences at the Jal level, very badly calculated, in the morning many flights arrive from Europe to Narita, there are many tourists and Japanese who fly Jal, I had chosen this flight just to try the boeing 787 / 9 Jal, certainly not for 8 hours of transit on a chair at the airport when I could choose the flight to Nagoya with Finnair (as I have always done in the last 10 trips). Maybe Jal must revise his connection policy, long ago I had launched an idea to Finnair to connect his A350 on NGO, I then read about a couple of months later that Finnair in the summer 2019 season is adjusting operational aircraft on Helsinki - Nagoya route, which sees the airline moves from Airbus A330 to Airbus A350-900XWB.

There is simply very little demand to fly NRT-NGO, hence only 2 flights a day on JAL and ANA each. The vast majority of passengers would simply fly directly to NGO if there is a flight available, such as from HEL, or take the train from Tokyo or Osaka. When the shinkansen opened (in 1964!) it pretty much replaced flying for all Tokyo-Nagoya travel.

What do you want JAL to do for you, considering that there simply are no other NRT-NGO flights to change to?

JALPak Sep 19, 2018 12:41 am

Originally Posted by bpe (Post 30220069)
There is simply very little demand to fly NRT-NGO, hence only 2 flights a day on JAL and ANA each. The vast majority of passengers would simply fly directly to NGO if there is a flight available, such as from HEL, or take the train from Tokyo or Osaka. When the shinkansen opened (in 1964!) it pretty much replaced flying for all Tokyo-Nagoya travel.

What do you want JAL to do for you, considering that there simply are no other NRT-NGO flights to change to?

He wants JL to:
1. Move its HEL-NRT earlier even though its JV partner AY already has a flight that would allow OP to connect to the morning NRT-NGO flight,
2. Move the NRT-NGO flight later which essentially further lower whatever very little O/D demands there is, or
3. Magically allows a 25 min connection from international to domestic

jgchiker Sep 19, 2018 3:52 am

What we learned here?
Choose better.

Angelo fly Sep 19, 2018 7:35 am

[QUOTE = jgchiker; 30220403] Quello che abbiamo imparato qui?
Scegliere meglio. [/ QUOTE]

maybe someone does not understand or pretend not to understand,
1. I chose, the flight to Narita to get on board the Boeing 787/900 of Jal, having already flown with other aircraft Always JAL, 2. Jal in case of change of flight, in case you manage to take the connection requires a penalty for flight change, (my ticket is not cheap or flexible because it is too expensive). 3. In case you do not want to stay at NRT and take the train to NGO, my ticket is canceled because it is counted as no show. .4 NRT to NGO only 3 foreign companies stop at NGO, Finnair, Cathay and Lufthansa, as well as Thai and China. Ps.This was just to make it clear how things are.

JALPak Sep 19, 2018 7:45 am

Originally Posted by jgchiker (Post 30220403)
What we learned here?
Choose better.

But I suspect some of us would never learn :D This is not the first time, and definitely won’t be the last time we see threads like this on FT :)

LondonElite Sep 19, 2018 8:12 am

Originally Posted by Angelo fly (Post 30220969)
[QUOTE = jgchiker; 30220403] Quello che abbiamo imparato qui?
Scegliere meglio. [/ QUOTE]

maybe someone does not understand or pretend not to understand,
1. I chose, the flight to Narita to get on board the Boeing 787/900 of Jal, having already flown with other aircraft Always JAL, 2. Jal in case of change of flight, in case you manage to take the connection requires a penalty for flight change, (my ticket is not cheap or flexible because it is too expensive). 3. In case you do not want to stay at NRT and take the train to NGO, my ticket is canceled because it is counted as no show. .4 NRT to NGO only 3 foreign companies stop at NGO, Finnair, Cathay and Lufthansa, as well as Thai and China. Ps.This was just to make it clear how things are.

I think I'm more confused than I was before.

Angelo fly Sep 19, 2018 8:46 am

I think that in a forum, where we talk about Japan Airlines, there are good criticisms and praises, mine is neither of them, it's just my point of view. Being passionate about airplanes, flying several times with Jal in Japan, I also like to know the aircraft of the companies, not knowing the 787/900 I bought the ticket for NGO via NRT, unfortunately in the choice it happened that, between aircraft time change, change now in Europe, the transit to NRT will be very long ........ sigh ... but the passion to fly with Jal remains ... therefore, I think to close the discussion here !!! 私はすぐに日本に戻ってきます ❤ ❤ ❤ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...baa4e5b96a.jpg

JALPak Sep 19, 2018 9:00 am

Originally Posted by Angelo fly (Post 30221217)
Being passionate about airplanes, flying several times with Jal in Japan, I also like to know the aircraft of the companies, not knowing the 787/900 I bought the ticket for NGO via NRT

I can't take this anymore...there's no such thing as Boeing 787/900 or Boeing 787-900. It's Boeing 787-9 :)

kaka Sep 19, 2018 10:03 pm

whats stopping you to reject the changes when they moved the flight times. surely if you are forced to have an 8 hour delay you can reject the change.

or you can standby on the earlier NRT-NGO flight. cut off is 20 minutes.

or if you decide to take the 789, well, thats your decision. you cant tell the entire flight schedule to shift so you can sit on a 789.

JALPak Sep 19, 2018 10:18 pm

Originally Posted by kaka (Post 30223934)
whats stopping you to reject the changes when they moved the flight times. surely if you are forced to have an 8 hour delay you can reject the change.

or you can standby on the earlier NRT-NGO flight. cut off is 20 minutes.

or if you decide to take the 789, well, thats your decision. you cant tell the entire flight schedule to shift so you can sit on a 789.

I highly doubt the change caused the lengthy layover. OP claims flight was changed from 17:00 to 17:30 (should be 17:25) departure. Adding 25 min to OP’s connection would still not meet the MCT.

kaka Sep 19, 2018 10:45 pm

Originally Posted by JALPak (Post 30223965)

I highly doubt the change caused the lengthy layover. OP claims flight was changed from 17:00 to 17:30 (should be 17:25) departure. Adding 25 min to OP’s connection would still not meet the MCT.

i thought he said the arrival times changed by an hour or sth.