FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Japan Airlines | JAL Mileage Bank (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/japan-airlines-jal-mileage-bank-513/)
-   -   pay € 180 to take the first available flight or make a long stop at NRT (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/japan-airlines-jal-mileage-bank/1930801-pay-180-take-first-available-flight-make-long-stop-nrt.html)

Angelo fly Sep 15, 2018 4:56 pm

pay € 180 to take the first available flight or make a long stop at NRT

^^costringermi a rimanere più di 8 ore a NRT (arrivo da HEL), se voglio prendere il volo per ONG (breve connessione) che inizia intorno h.1,30 dopo il mio arrivo a NRT devo pagare € 180, I non capiscono la politica Jal, se avessi un posto sul mio volo, avrei dovuto sedersi sul primo volo disponibile e non mantenere il mio cliente in aeroporto per 8 ore, non avendo gli altri voli, dovrò rivedere il mio volo scelte con Jal e volare con la concorrenza. : For example:

LondonElite Sep 15, 2018 5:06 pm

I don’t really understand what you are saying, but JAL won’t let you stand by for earlier flights. If you want flexibility you should have bought a flexible ticket.

nancypants Sep 15, 2018 5:26 pm

Originally Posted by LondonElite (Post 30207770)
I don’t really understand what you are saying, but JAL won’t let you stand by for earlier flights. If you want flexibility you should have bought a flexible ticket.

JAL and many (most?) other airlines 😉

JALPak Sep 15, 2018 6:14 pm

Originally Posted by LondonElite (Post 30207770)

or just book the earlier flight in the first place. OP had the choice at booking but chose the latter flight.

paperwastage Sep 15, 2018 7:14 pm

Originally Posted by Angelo fly (Post 30207749)
force me to stay more than 8 hours at NRT (arrival from HEL), if I want to take the flight to NGO(short connection) that starts around h.1,30 after my arrival at NRT I have to pay € 180, I do not understand the JAl policy, if I had a seat on my flight, I would have to sit on the first available flight and not keep my client at the airport for 8 hours, not having other flights, I will have to review my flight choices with Jal and fly with the competition. : Ad esempio:

supply and demand

a lot more demand for the first flight to NGO = they can charge (you or someone else) higher $

less demand for second flight to NGO = cheaper

or you can just take the shinkansen to nagoya, might be more convenient

CPH-Flyer Sep 15, 2018 9:42 pm

Why not take the direct flight from Helsinki to Nagoya, skip the connection completely? Finnair runs that daily and has a JL codeshare as well

Tokyoite Sep 15, 2018 11:59 pm

force me to stay more than 8 hours at NRT (arrival from HEL), if I want to take the flight to NGO(short connection) that starts around h.1,30 after my arrival at NRT I have to pay € 180, I do not understand the JAl policy, if I had a seat on my flight, I would have to sit on the first available flight and not keep my client at the airport for 8 hours, not having other flights, I will have to review my flight choices with Jal and fly with the competition. : Ad esempio:

sorry to say but you are crying because you planned and booked poorly. just review your flight choices with Jal and fly with the competition!

on22cz Sep 16, 2018 6:08 am

Such a gesture of goodwill may occasionally happen to OWEs, but I assume that's not your case as I doubt an OWE would be so surprised about ineligibility to freely change their flights. If it was possible, many pricing rules / habits would become useless.
In fact, it was your personal travel policy to schedule yourself 8 hours at NRT, unless JAL was booking the ticket on your behalf and misunderstood your available funds for the trip.

Angelo fly Sep 16, 2018 9:08 am

I did not want to fly to Nagoya to try the 787/9 Jal, I flew with Finnair, Jal with 747.787 / 8, I booked well, but Jal 5 minutes, after the purchase, sent me an email, telling me, the flight departing from Helsinki and delayed, from 17 to 17.30, do you accept the flight or not? knowing the airlines, for the repayment, they make you wait a long time, I accepted knowing that I could make the connection, but in the new route the domestic flight was changed. ps. and for 20 years that flying and booking airplanes, I'm not naive as some believe ... thank you

JALPak Sep 16, 2018 9:40 am

Originally Posted by Angelo fly (Post 30209504)
I did not want to fly to Nagoya to try the 787/9 Jal, I flew with Finnair, Jal with 747.787 / 8, I booked well, but Jal 5 minutes, after the purchase, sent me an email, telling me, the flight departing from Helsinki and delayed, from 17 to 17.30, do you accept the flight or not? knowing the airlines, for the repayment, they make you wait a long time, I accepted knowing that I could make the connection, but in the new route the domestic flight was changed. ps. and for 20 years that flying and booking airplanes, I'm not naive as some believe ... thank you

Is this an itinerary you have flown already or this is a future flight?

Angelo fly Sep 16, 2018 10:16 am

I flew several times on NRT, I flew from MXP, CDG, HEL, FRA, HK, but never had problems, only once I waited 4 hours in HK, but I knew I had a long change. ;) 747/400 JAL MXP-NRT 2008 the best !!!https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...8b466b5e73.jpg

Angelo fly Sep 16, 2018 10:18 am

I added your link, thanks

JALPak Sep 16, 2018 10:23 am

I am asking when exactly was/is your HEL-NRT flight, i.e. the departure date

Angelo fly Sep 16, 2018 10:43 am

31OCT (WED) JL0414 17.25 HELSINKI/HELSINKI VANTAA 01NOV (THU) TOKYO/NARITA INTL 2 10.00 JAPAN AIRLINES (09H35) all JAL 414 flights, monitored by me, through flightaware, arrive in a time slot from 08.30 to 09.15 maximum (a few cases), I would have all the time possible to take flight ....( 31OCT (WED) 2 JL0414 1705 HELSINKI/HELSINKI VANTAA 01NOV (THU) TOKYO/NARITA INTL 2 09.35 JAPAN AIRLINES (09H30) old time) https://it.flightaware.com/live/flight/JAL414 ^

JALPak Sep 16, 2018 11:01 am

Originally Posted by Angelo fly (Post 30209823)
31OCT (WED) JL0414 17.25 HELSINKI/HELSINKI VANTAA 01NOV (THU) TOKYO/NARITA INTL 2 10.00 JAPAN AIRLINES (09H35) all JAL 414 flights, monitored by me, through flightaware, arrive in a time slot from 08.30 to 09.15 maximum (a few cases), I would have all the time possible to take flight ....( 31OCT (WED) 2 JL0414 1705 HELSINKI/HELSINKI VANTAA 01NOV (THU) TOKYO/NARITA INTL 2 09.35 JAPAN AIRLINES (09H30) old time) https://it.flightaware.com/live/flight/JAL414 ^

After 20 years of air travel, I shouldn't need to explain what MCT is right? But in case you are not familiar with the concept, MCT stands for Minimum Connection Times, which is the absolute least amount of time for someone to make a connection. At NRT, MCT for JL international to JL domestic flight is 1 hr 20 min.

The scheduled arrival time from Oct 28 2018 has changed from 08:55 JST to 10:00 JST. This is due to daylight saving change and winter weather pattern (increased flight time). The flight essentially is departing an hour later than before even though the schedule departure time for flights before and after Oct 28 2018 are the same at 10:00 local time. This should also be another concept a seasoned traveler like you are familiar with.

So when your flight is scheduled to arrive at 10:00 JST, and the morning NRT-NGO is scheduled to depart at 10:25 JST, your connection time is only 25 min, which is way below the MCT. There is NO WAY any airline will let you book this as a single itinerary. If you want to risk missing your connecting flight then go ahead to book JL3083 as a separate ticket but JAL WILL NOT compensate you nor be obligated to put you on another flight if you miss your connection in this case.