Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Seat selection JAL online

Search this Thread

Old Jul 6, 2019, 11:56 pm

Thank you @rustykettel! I appreciate your quick response. I will tell them to request it every chance they get if they don’t get it at online check in, great tips! I feel that they will manage to get seated together in the end, but am probably being a worrier! I felt a little guilty that I was able to seat select and then they weren’t. I’d prefer it was the other way around. Hehehe.
Old Jul 12, 2019, 10:37 am

Programs: AA Plat
Edit: I should have scrolled up more. I got my question answered from previous replies.

I have a question about seat selection:

Flight: JL 11 DFW-NRT, booked for June2020.
Booked with AA Saaver award, 4 tickets for me and my family.

I got the PNR from AA for the JL flight to select seats.

I have AA platinum and I can select any seat in the business cabin, but it seems the system is preventing my family members from selecting certain seats. Example: window at the bulkheads. However, they can select the aisle.

Is this a bug with the website or is this a hidden way of blocking seats for certain passengers?

Last edited by peaches070; Jul 12, 2019 at 6:46 pm Reason: Should have scrolled up more
Old Jul 15, 2019, 1:31 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, HH G,Hyatt E,*A Gold, OW Emerald.
Originally Posted by peaches070
Edit: I should have scrolled up more. I got my question answered from previous replies.

I have a question about seat selection:

Flight: JL 11 DFW-NRT, booked for June2020.
Booked with AA Saaver award, 4 tickets for me and my family.

I got the PNR from AA for the JL flight to select seats.

I have AA platinum and I can select any seat in the business cabin, but it seems the system is preventing my family members from selecting certain seats. Example: window at the bulkheads. However, they can select the aisle.

Is this a bug with the website or is this a hidden way of blocking seats for certain passengers?
Yes. This is by design. JAL does not recognize your family members as elite members, so only the basic seats are available for selection before OLCI.
Wait till OLCI and then chose seats that are close to each other.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.