Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Japan Airlines | JAL Mileage Bank
Reload this Page >

LAN and Airberlin to JMB accumulation rate, and Diamond vs. Premier benefits?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 29, 2015, 12:52 pm
Original Poster

Programs: JGC premier

Hi all, been a lurker for a while and decided to make the jump. I hope i can contribute as much as I have learnt from this forum over the past few years, now that i've registered.

Anyway i was wondering about two seemingly different but related questions.

1) has anyone travelled on xONEX ticket on Lan and Airberlin economy class and credit it JMB? What was the mileage accumulation rate?

I'm planning to travel on DONE4 ticket with 1 economy segment each on LAN and Airberlin which doesn't have J setting on the route. This will be my first time flying with them. The fare code on these segments are L, which according to JAL website has only 70% and 50% mileage accumulation rate. This strikes me as a bit odd; this is my fifth time doing RTW on DONEx ticket (although usually I take only Jal, AA and BA due to the location of my work), and i have always thought that this fare class is always eligible for full mileage accrual - i don't think i've ever been credited with anything less than 100% even on those flights where there's no J setting. Could someone confirm please?

2) Depending on result of the question 1 above, i'm either 3600 or 4600 miles short of 100k miles required for Diamond, taking into account all my travel plan this year. If it's 3600, i guess the cheapest/quickest quick mileage run is HND - ISG which would cost some 44000 yen or so. The question is, should I even bother given that I will be on JGC Premier anyway? Just looking at the benefits page on JAL, there doesn't seem to be much difference between Diamond and Premier except for the gift "Service Selection", where the benefit for diamond is probably worth extra 20,000 yen or so (20,000 e-JAL point or 10 more Jal coupon worth 2000 yen each). Are there any other benefit, other than more premium looking card?

Apologies for newbie question in advance, and if this is the wrong forum. I was debating whether to post this in OW RTW thread or here, but decided on here given that this pertains to mileage crediting question on JAL. Thanks in advance for your insights!
Old Sep 1, 2015, 2:58 am
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 7_0_2 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/537.51.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.0 Mobile/11A501 Safari/9537.53)

How much jl domestic you fly and do you still have outstanding unflown tickets going to japan?
Old Sep 1, 2015, 4:09 am
Original Poster

Programs: JGC premier
Hi kaka, I fly at most 2-3 return domestic trips in Japan a year, don't use much plane as shinkansen has better access and frequency to desinations i travel to domestically.

WRT your second question, i am based in Tokyo. Aside from this one (which i haven't commence travel yet), i will have one return trip to LHR and one return trip to ICN later on this year. All departing from TYO.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.