Community
Wiki Posts
Search

forced overnight - hotel?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 13, 2011, 3:27 pm
Original Poster

forced overnight - hotel?

I'm traveling SIN-NRT-JFK on JL, which, on the current JL schedule, requires an overnight at NRT. JL telephone reservations advised that they have made a reservation on my behalf (at their expense) at Narita Excel Tokyu. I have a confirmation number, though I can't check the reservation at the hotel site because checking the res requires both a confirmation number and an email address (apparently not my personal email that's in the PNR for the air travel; perhaps a JL email address). JL staff advised that I'll receive no email confirmation of the reservation.

Does this sound right? Others with experience with JL's forced overnight hotel procedures at NRT?
Old Nov 13, 2011, 10:32 pm

Yes.

Just make sure that you go to the hotel that they told you. Nowadays, JAL uses different hotels in Narita. Show them your passport and that should do it. Never had a problem. They used to send out hotel confirmation, but there was a change in policy few months ago. Now, no reservation slip is required.
Old Nov 14, 2011, 9:08 am

I am travelling HKG->NRT->ORD->YOW and forced to overnight at NRT. I am not aware of the free hotel provided. May I know who should I contact?

thanks in advance.

Tue 21 Feb
10:30 am Depart Hong Kong (HKG)
Arrive Tokyo (NRT) 3:25 pm
Duration: 3hr 55mn
Japan Airlines Japan Airlines Japan Airlines 736 operated by JAPAN AIRLINES INTERNATIONAL CO., LTD. 736
Direct flight

Wed 22 Feb
11:00 am Depart Tokyo (NRT)
Arrive Ottawa (YOW) 12:35 pm

Duration: 15hr 35mn
Japan Airlines Japan Airlines Japan Airlines 10 operated by JAPAN AIRLINES INTERNATIONAL CO., LTD. 10 / Japan Airlines 7446 operated by AMERICAN EAGLE FOR AA 7446
Connect in Chicago (ORD)
Old Nov 14, 2011, 4:18 pm

You should try calling JAL on the number I listed below. I was able to get a hotel for my layover on Nov 18th at NRT. The hotel booked by JAL was Marroad, not the greatest, but still beats paying for one.

Telephone: 1-800-JAL-FONE (1-800-525-3663*)
Outside the US/Canada (charges apply) +1-310-643-1596
Reservations & Information
Daily 05:00-18:00 (Pacific Time)
JAL Mileage Bank Center
Mon.-Fri. 06:00-18:00 (Pacific Time)
Sat. Sun. Holidays 07:00-15:00 (Pacific Time)
Eastern Time: +3hours, Central Time: +2hours
Hawaiian Time: -2hours (DST)-3hours
Old Nov 14, 2011, 4:27 pm
Ambassador: Japan Airlines

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, JMB Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by Billy910
You should try calling JAL on the number I listed below. I was able to get a hotel for my layover on Nov 18th at NRT. The hotel booked by JAL was Marroad, not the greatest, but still beats paying for one.

Telephone: 1-800-JAL-FONE (1-800-525-3663*)
Outside the US/Canada (charges apply) +1-310-643-1596
Reservations & Information
Daily 05:00-18:00 (Pacific Time)
JAL Mileage Bank Center
Mon.-Fri. 06:00-18:00 (Pacific Time)
Sat. Sun. Holidays 07:00-15:00 (Pacific Time)
Eastern Time: +3hours, Central Time: +2hours
Hawaiian Time: -2hours (DST)-3hours
Or JAL reservation office of his/her region will do. Doesn't have to be the US office
Old Nov 14, 2011, 8:36 pm

Originally Posted by khkchan
I am travelling HKG->NRT->ORD->YOW and forced to overnight at NRT. I am not aware of the free hotel provided. May I know who should I contact?

thanks in advance.

Tue 21 Feb
10:30 am Depart Hong Kong (HKG)
Arrive Tokyo (NRT) 3:25 pm
Duration: 3hr 55mn
Japan Airlines Japan Airlines Japan Airlines 736 operated by JAPAN AIRLINES INTERNATIONAL CO., LTD. 736
Direct flight

Wed 22 Feb
11:00 am Depart Tokyo (NRT)
Arrive Ottawa (YOW) 12:35 pm

Duration: 15hr 35mn
Japan Airlines Japan Airlines Japan Airlines 10 operated by JAPAN AIRLINES INTERNATIONAL CO., LTD. 10 / Japan Airlines 7446 operated by AMERICAN EAGLE FOR AA 7446
Connect in Chicago (ORD)
If you purchased this ticket via a travel agent, then he/she should be the one requesting the hotel for you. It's part of his/her job to complete the ticketing procedure. If you purchased this via JAL's website, please call your regional reservation office and make a request yourself. I am guessing that you did not call up JAL's reservation office for this ticket, otherwise, the JAL representative should have already taken care of that.

And looking at your itinerary, you will probably be staying in Marroad International too.
Old Nov 14, 2011, 8:45 pm
Ambassador: Japan Airlines

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, JMB Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Platinum
technically JAL has an evening ORD flight that you can catch but it's operated by AA...not sure if they consider that as an option though with those JBV craps...i m leaning towards they don't and still considered yours as a forced overnight stay
Old Nov 14, 2011, 9:28 pm

Originally Posted by JALPak
technically JAL has an evening ORD flight that you can catch but it's operated by AA...not sure if they consider that as an option though with those JBV craps...i m leaning towards they don't and still considered yours as a forced overnight stay
Technically, all JL codeshares should be considered as JAL flights, but in reality, as far as I can tell, they are treated differently. Prices of tickets are a lot of times different, upgrade possibilities are definitely different. So, as far as flying exclusively on their planes is concerned, you will still get STPC via this itinerary, since there is no JAL metal going out that day. There may come a time when all these codeshare issues work out equally, as they are intended to in a joint venture, but we're not there yet.

If you choose to take the AA flight going out evening, the whole itinerary will price out to be more expensive on JAL's website. As I remember, the second cheapest option is to take the 1am JL/CX codeshare from HKG->NRT, connecting on JL10 to ORD, all on a same day itinerary. (Cheapest is still JL736->JL10). Now, I haven't done any reverse checking on AA's site for JL736 connecting to AA's evening NRT->ORD flight, so I don't know how that is going to price out.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.