Recommendation for guide at Vatican

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 13, 2012, 9:21 am
Original Poster

Programs: american advantage, hyatt gold passport, SPG, Southwest Rapid Rewards, Hilton Honors,Priority Club

Hello

Planning a trip to Rome and Italy with only a few days in Rome and looking for a highly recommended guide to go to Vatican. Either private or semi private. All ideas are welcome for tours in Rome. Even Naples area
Old Mar 16, 2012, 2:31 pm

Programs: AA / DL / MB
I have a few. Send me a PM.
Old Mar 19, 2012, 12:17 pm

Had a good experience with this one two years ago. A little expensive, but worth it.

http://www.italywithus.com/after-hou...he-vatican.php
Old Mar 19, 2012, 12:25 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Welcome to FlyerTalk, dgtrache! (Your post was from a new member and included a web link, so it was sent to a queue to be approved by a moderator prior to posting, part of FT's spam suppression protocols.)

Expensive indeed, but on the other hand avoiding huge masses (no pun intended) or people can be well worth it.
Old Mar 20, 2012, 10:36 pm
Original Poster

Programs: american advantage, hyatt gold passport, SPG, Southwest Rapid Rewards, Hilton Honors,Priority Club
thank you looks like a great website
Old Mar 30, 2012, 9:02 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond
Try Context Travel. Their tours typically do not permit more than 6 people per tour and their guides are archaeologists, art historians, etc. My husband and I did their tour of Rome, including the Forum, Palatine Hill, and the Coliseum. Highly knowledgeable guides, great pace, and no ugly umbrellas and headsets. Per their website, it's 85 Euros per person plus a 19 Euro ticket into the Vatican.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.