Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IC Vienna Master Thread [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 18, 2008, 11:19 pm

Programs: LH Sen // HH Dia; Bonvoy LTTE
Originally Posted by ClubICGirl
The refurbishment of the Club Floors will be completed until June 2009, although a small selection of Club Rooms (Club IC Queen Bed) is available throughout.
From Oct to Dec 2008 the Club Intercontinental Lounge is situated at Salon Kaunitz, in the upper part of the lobby.

@:-)Until 31 Jan 2009 Ambassadors receive free breakfast for the whole stay and a drink voucher, so I decided to opt for a Standard Room this time.
(see the new Ambassador offers on Radiomans thread).
Thanks for the update.
I have already booked a "Club IC Queen Bed" room as the prepaid rate was only slightly higher compared to a standard room. It's a pity that an improvisational lounge will be available only - ok,ok, Vienna has much more to offer than sitting in the lounge . At least my reservation disappeared which looks like an upgrade (ok, I have to expect an unrefurbished room).
Old Nov 25, 2008, 9:56 am

Programs: PC Plat Amb, SPG, KLM Flying Blue, Lufthansa Miles&More
Originally Posted by LH738
Thanks for the update.
I have already booked a "Club IC Queen Bed" room as the prepaid rate was only slightly higher compared to a standard room. It's a pity that an improvisational lounge will be available only - ok,ok, Vienna has much more to offer than sitting in the lounge . At least my reservation disappeared which looks like an upgrade (ok, I have to expect an unrefurbished room).
The "improvisational" lounge (Salon Kaunitz) proved better than the original one - OK except the breathtaking vista! Very large and most of the time empty room behind the lobby/ bar, seating and eating area, PC Work Desk, large cristal chandeliers.

My room on the 8th floor seemed more or less the same, but they are definetely working on the 9th and 10th during workdays (sometimes noisy).
The new Club Lounge (facing the ice rink/ Konzerthaus side) will be opened on schedule around mid December on the 12th floor, Meeting & Incentives facilities will be arranged around the lounge.
And another novelty: there will be a PRESIDENTIAL SUITE ...
The only thing that's now missing for me is a pool (adjacent to the Club Lounge) ...

P.S.: there's a presentation on flatscreen in the lobby next to reception showing the main improvements in the hotel (they also provide a selection of fabrics used in the new rooms - good idea! ^)

Last edited by ClubICGirl; Apr 23, 2009 at 2:19 am
Old Mar 30, 2009, 3:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
I will stay in some weeks at IC Vienna

Have you experienced the newly renovated rooms? (the pics on the website are quite nice)

What's about the [new] club lounge policy?
Old Apr 23, 2009, 2:34 am

IC VIENNA - New Club Lounge

The new spacious Club Lounge is located on the 12th floor (former Belvedere Suite) and open between 6.30 and 22.30 daily. Large entrée (that’s the most spacious area), 2 PC workstations, usual selection of newspapers, books.

6.30-10.30 (11.00 on weekends) - Buffet Breakfast
Breakfast is more or less unchanged and offers the usual selection of scrambled eggs, bacon, sausages, fruits, juices, joghurts, pastries, cheeses etc.
BTW The nice etageres filled with jam, butter, rolls, pastries on every table are gone

12.00-14.30 - Soup/ Salad
I was never there but assume it is the same 'soup of the day' thing as before, but salad is a new option.

15.00-17.00 - Coffee/ Teatime
Instead of the former afternoon snacks and delicious Viennese desserts now only one or two different desserts are on offer (e.g. Raspberry cream with pear strudel). I truly miss the afternoon sandwiches and small snacks

17.30-20.00 - ?Happy? Hour
Usual selection of drinks and bubbly, couple of different cold snacks (ham rolls in the size of a pea, cracker with salami etc. all served on huge plates)
Two different hot snacks like chicken ragout, potatoe goulash served in these fashionable but ridiculous cups.
And if you are really hungry try these tiny filled cornettinis

Plus/ Minus:
+The quality of the food is still good
+Friendly staff (most of the time)

-Refills take very long, if it is eggs or sparkling wine
-Food selection is poor and sometimes (even during published times) the buffet is totally empty – not even some sweets. This was never the case in the old lounge.

My personal opinion:
I miss the comfortable old lounge with its beautiful view and the poetic evenings (blue amphores in the Stadtpark & city lights), it was very dear and special to me.
For me it's no longer worth the money except your boss is paying for it or you are on a BOGO weekend or you have many guests or you are a heavy drinker … during the warm months better book a classic room and take a beer and schnitzel in the nearby beergarden.
For 55 Euro a day you don't want to bite on a couple of peanuts, right?

It might work for two considering the prices for breakfast, coffee and drinks for the whole day and it's perfect for larger families with kids (and dogs) during the weekend ...

Last edited by ClubICGirl; Apr 23, 2009 at 3:22 am
Old Apr 23, 2009, 3:57 am
uk1
Suspended

Thanks for the update - we're there in a few weeks so found your comments interesting.

Dissapointing to see that the opprortunity to upgrade and impress - like they have done at IC Singapore for example - seems to have been missed.

Is the location at the back ie overlloking the skating rink?

ARe they still allowing the alternative of the main restuarant for breakfast for Club members do you know?
Old Apr 23, 2009, 4:46 am

Programs: LH Sen // HH Dia; Bonvoy LTTE
Too bad. The new lounge does not sound to be so attractive anymore. Even the "improvisational" one had better offerings during tea time.
Old Apr 23, 2009, 5:31 am

Originally Posted by uk1
Is the location at the back ie overlloking the skating rink?

ARe they still allowing the alternative of the main restuarant for breakfast for Club members do you know?
uk, yes it is overlooking ice rink and Konzerthaus - view is not bad, escpecially in the evenings.
Unfortunately I did not ask, but assume you still can take breakfast downstairs.

But in general they are very strict now, so be prepared ...
Booked 1 reward night and 3 paid Club Room nights and guess what? Was denied club access on the first night.
OK, its their right, technically. But offending a regular is a no go ...

Last edited by ClubICGirl; Apr 23, 2009 at 5:44 am
Old Apr 23, 2009, 5:40 am

Originally Posted by LH738
Too bad. The new lounge does not sound to be so attractive anymore. Even the "improvisational" one had better offerings during tea time.
Yes, indeed. It had not the view but had style and I remember there was a young waiter serving warm food in the evenings. Very nice ... I mean the food
Old Apr 23, 2009, 6:27 am
uk1
Suspended

uk, yes it is overlooking ice rink and Konzerthaus - view is not bad, escpecially in the evenings.
Unfortunately I did not ask, but assume you still can take breakfast downstairs.

But in general they are very strict now, so be prepared ...
Booked 1 reward night and 3 paid Club Room nights and guess what? Was denied club access on the first night.
OK, its their right, technically. But offending a regular is a no go ...
As you know ..... the secret is all to do with pre-stay contact!

I have two visits booked and both have 2 x 241's ie4 nights each and all have been confirmed with lounge access and upgrade to suite and other "benefits". And confirmed that each is two stays for points purposes.

The good thing is at least you have a beach view in the summer from the club lounge.

Yes, indeed. It had not the view but had style and I remember there was a young waiter serving warm food in the evenings. Very nice ... I mean the food

Leave the boys alone ......... they scare easilly.
Old Apr 24, 2009, 1:42 pm
AHN

Programs: SK EBG
IC Vienna Master Thread [merged]

I'm going to IC Vienna this weekend, and have two questions to those of you who stay there regularly:

1. Any recommendations about where to eat breakfast? Based on posts here I have chosen not to pay for club lounge access.

2. Do they supply a toothbrush and shaving kit? I intend to travel light.

Thanks!
Old Apr 24, 2009, 2:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by AHN
I'm going to IC Vienna this weekend, and have two questions to those of you who stay there regularly:

1. Any recommendations about where to eat breakfast? Based on posts here I have chosen not to pay for club lounge access.
I would suggest the arty Oesterreicher im the excellent mak museum (design museum)

The restaurant, which is open daily from 8.30 am, is just 5 minutes walk from the IC Vienna, opposite side of the pleasant Stadtpark.

Or, even closer, if you like milk, you should try the elegant Meierei in Stadtpark

Originally Posted by AHN
In suites, the answer is yes if I can remember well
Old Apr 24, 2009, 2:05 pm
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
Originally Posted by nicolas75
In suites, the answer is yes if I can remember well
In any case, housekeeping has no problem with bringing a dental and a shaving kit to your room.
Old Apr 24, 2009, 2:31 pm
uk1
Suspended

There's a very large toothbrush in a special recepticle beside the toilet. It always has paste in it.
Old Apr 24, 2009, 3:55 pm
AHN

Programs: SK EBG
Many thanks!
Old Apr 25, 2009, 3:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci Extraordinaire, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold (ex BD)
Originally Posted by AHN

Thanks!
I think all IHG hotels supply these on request. Some (mostly IC's) have them available already in the room. But I've seen signs offering them on request in all brands including HIX.

The razors are usually cheap ones though (in general, not been to the IC Wien yet).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.